Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Another Internet thread!

Another Internet thread!

Old Apr 26th 2014, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

AliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Internet thread!

Hi, may I ask, a receiver for what ?
They don't appear to have web site.
Thanks Al.
Old Apr 27th 2014, 12:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Another Internet thread!

Originally Posted by AliceB
Hi, may I ask, a receiver for what ?
They don't appear to have web site.
Thanks Al.
It's a new BB service a bit like Iberabanda. They put a squarial on your roof and beam WiMAX BB to it. The different bit is the price just €20+ but no mention of landline No or telephone service but a 3 meg download spread. Free for the first 6 months but they haven't got there mast up yet so don't know how it gets round the corner from Ayamonte. Still any competition has to be a good thing.
Old May 12th 2014, 7:51 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
Just had a man call round from a company called priinet. They are offering set up receiver on my roof . The signal comes from Ayamonte. There flier offers various packages. Email [email protected] for details.the flier the guy gave me looks interesting.
Looks good

Even have a CE page

https://translate.google.co.uk/trans...t-costa-esuri/

Have you taken this further, please.

Thanks
Jon
Old May 12th 2014, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Looks good

Even have a CE page

Thanks
Jon
I haven't at the moment as I have TV and use the tmn dongle for wifi.but reception is not great for where I am.But I like the idea that once set up it's an in/out contract and you only pay for when you are here.Price seems reasonable as well
Old May 12th 2014, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Looks good

Even have a CE page

Thanks
Jon
have registered on their web site for more info - I guess the more enquiries they get the more likely they are to provide a service so I would suggest that all who feel able to should register their interest.
Old May 12th 2014, 8:29 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't at the moment as I have TV and use the tmn dongle for wifi.but reception is not great for where I am.But I like the idea that once set up it's an in/out contract and you only pay for when you are here.Price seems reasonable as well
We have a problem of getting the box set up as I suppose we have to get permission from the community... but I wonder if there is a way to mount it discretely on a wall and even remove it when away so as a non permanent fixing, we may be able to do it w/o permission hassles.

Otherwise even a 6mbs UNLIMITED contract at 20 a month would beat our TMN dongles especially as you say we can switch in/out. We spend more than 20 a month when we are in CE on the TMN... especially since we lost TV, and we watch through the slingbox.... TMN is still a is still a great product IMO.

Mike makes a good point about registering interest (thanks) and will do that now.

Jon
Old May 12th 2014, 3:46 pm
BE Positive

Hi re the reception on TMN... I dont know if you saw this post so here it is again.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...6&postcount=24

I got a big increase in download speed with it.... I dont upload anything so not bothered that the upload speed isnt improved. On the otherhand I do need a good upload speed at the slingbox site to ensure a good picture is downloaded in Spain. We have that, in Belgium, and so get a nice picture when travelling...

I also contacted priinet in English and got a very prompt response, asking me my address etc and rather than answering my questions on email, offered that they would send someone to our home and discuss the requirements face-to-face. Very pleased with their pre-sales service. I have a feeling there may be a 'line-of-sight' issue to clear up and I'm hoping that as we are on the top floor we have a better chance.

I did ask though for them to tell me in advance what size the receiver is - if they tell me I'll post it.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; May 12th 2014 at 3:48 pm.
Old May 13th 2014, 6:28 am
BE Positive

I also contacted priinet in English and got a very prompt response, asking me my address etc and rather than answering my questions on email, offered that they would send someone to our home and discuss the requirements face-to-face. Very pleased with their pre-sales service. I have a feeling there may be a 'line-of-sight' issue to clear up and I'm hoping that as we are on the top floor we have a better chance.

I did ask though for them to tell me in advance what size the receiver is - if they tell me I'll post it.

Jon
Another quick response from Priinet, below. Great service so far... we will arrange a meeting with them.. looks like a small inobtrusive box. I prefer the face-to-face meet and also actually prefer it before signing up as they will check the signal strength... Also we can discuss our needs and time spent in Spain to see if there is a package that we can work out that suits our specific usage... they seem very open to having that discussion vs 'one size fits all'

Jon

About the signal there is not going to be a problem because what we do is to try the signal first at your house to check your coverage. .....

....... the Wifi receptor is the size of a hand and We install it in your aerial TV and connected to the router with a wire. Also all the wires goes trough the communication room in your building in the walls so there aren´t going to be any cable that you can see.
Old May 13th 2014, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Another quick response from Priinet, below. Great service so far... we will arrange a meeting with them.. looks like a small inobtrusive box. I prefer the face-to-face meet and also actually prefer it before signing up as they will check the signal strength... Also we can discuss our needs and time spent in Spain to see if there is a package that we can work out that suits our specific usage... they seem very open to having that discussion vs 'one size fits all'

Jon

About the signal there is not going to be a problem because what we do is to try the signal first at your house to check your coverage. .....

....... the Wifi receptor is the size of a hand and We install it in your aerial TV and connected to the router with a wire. Also all the wires goes trough the communication room in your building in the walls so there aren´t going to be any cable that you can see.
I registered our interest via the website, and as Jon say, got a quick, positive response. They are visiting our Apartment this Friday to discuss a potential installation with us, (even agreed to the time I requested), so it sounds promising.
Old May 14th 2014, 8:17 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by BobD
I registered our interest via the website, and as Jon say, got a quick, positive response. They are visiting our Apartment this Friday to discuss a potential installation with us, (even agreed to the time I requested), so it sounds promising.
Thats great. Be interesting to know what the installation charges are + any other things you learn from the visit.

I really like the fact that they will tailor a package to our needs....

Lets hope you get a good signal strength... + package...

Jon

PS note that they can be contacted directly by email as well [email protected]
PPS I have no commercial interest in the company, just followed up the contact made earlier on the thread

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; May 14th 2014 at 8:19 am.
Old May 14th 2014, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Thats great. Be interesting to know what the installation charges are + any other things you learn from the visit.

I really like the fact that they will tailor a package to our needs....

Lets hope you get a good signal strength... + package...

Jon

PS note that they can be contacted directly by email as well [email protected]
PPS I have no commercial interest in the company, just followed up the contact made earlier on the thread
They are coming to us on Saturday. what they said on the phone is they will check signal strength and if ok install a receiver and router . You get 3mb free until June to see whether you are happy, and if so you then pay 89 Euro and start to pay for whatever deal you want.They did say at end of your stay they will take out the equipment and refund you 89 euros.I will ask them when they come round if we can keep equipment in situ for when we come back, as makes more sense.Also for me personally I would want to pay cash monthly for the service and not have a DD on my bank account,so will ask that question as well,as payment options have not been mentioned yet.
Old May 14th 2014, 3:26 pm
Montesol, Ayamonte

maccro is an unknown quantity at this point

They are coming to us on Saturday. what they said on the phone is they will check signal strength and if ok install a receiver and router . You get 3mb free until June to see whether you are happy, and if so you then pay 89 Euro and start to pay for whatever deal you want.They did say at end of your stay they will take out the equipment and refund you 89 euros.I will ask them when they come round if we can keep equipment in situ for when we come back, as makes more sense.Also for me personally I would want to pay cash monthly for the service and not have a DD on my bank account,so will ask that question as well,as payment options have not been mentioned yet.
In email to me yesterday, they quote that 20 euro of the 89 initial payment is the equipment deposit and that 20 euro would be refunded when/if equipment is removed.
Old May 14th 2014, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by maccro
In email to me yesterday, they quote that 20 euro of the 89 initial payment is the equipment deposit and that 20 euro would be refunded when/if equipment is removed.
So does that mean that every time you have it reinstalled you pay 89 and only get back 20 ?? That does not make sense. The 89 as I read it is 60 for the cost of a receiver and 29 for a router.If they cannot get their equipment back then they are not out of pocket. Anyway all will become clearer in the next few days.
Old May 14th 2014, 5:19 pm
Montesol, Ayamonte

maccro is an unknown quantity at this point

So does that mean that every time you have it reinstalled you pay 89 and only get back 20 ?? That does not make sense. The 89 as I read it is 60 for the cost of a receiver and 29 for a router.If they cannot get their equipment back then they are not out of pocket. Anyway all will become clearer in the next few days.
Here's what they said about 20 euro refund for return of receptor and router if the contract is cancelled:

we offer is a real internet speed if you contract 10Mb. This works with a little WIFI receptor that we'll install in your tv antena with a wire that will go directly to your router.You will have 10Mb real no less, you don't need a previous landline, there isn't line rental charges nor a permanency contract required. The only you will pay is the activation service and the wifi router that will cost you 89€. 20€ from this amount will be a deposit fee so if you eventually decide to cancel your contract then our technician will pick up the wifi receptor and the wifi router then we will returned the deposit fee. Also if you decide to contract our service now you will have 3Mb for free until june to try the service, so that means that in the installation day you will pay the 89€ and you won't pay anything else until june when you will have your 10Mb.
Old May 14th 2014, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by maccro
Here's what they said about 20 euro refund for return of receptor and router if the contract is cancelled:

we offer is a real internet speed if you contract 10Mb. This works with a little WIFI receptor that we'll install in your tv antena with a wire that will go directly to your router.You will have 10Mb real no less, you don't need a previous landline, there isn't line rental charges nor a permanency contract required. The only you will pay is the activation service and the wifi router that will cost you 89€. 20€ from this amount will be a deposit fee so if you eventually decide to cancel your contract then our technician will pick up the wifi receptor and the wifi router then we will returned the deposit fee. Also if you decide to contract our service now you will have 3Mb for free until june to try the service, so that means that in the installation day you will pay the 89€ and you won't pay anything else until june when you will have your 10Mb.
So if what he told me on phone this morning is wrong,then you are paying nett 69 euros every time to to have it installed,and reinstalled. So not free installation.They are seeing a lot of people Friday because he said he could fit us in on Friday but after dark because of the numbers of requests. So hopefully one of the "Friday" people can come on here and give us the real deal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.