Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Your 'USERNAME',tell us why you chose it....!

Your 'USERNAME',tell us why you chose it....!

Old Apr 10th 2005, 12:37 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your 'USERNAME',tell us why you chose it....!

Originally Posted by Didnaeseeu
Aye right!!!!

Wumin wisnae in Barlinnie when you wis in, only blokes, my mate fa served time wi u bought u soap n a rope (aye traded in phone cards an athing to solve the problem) bit no you kept cuttin aff the rope so you could drap the soap and be popular wi the boys!!!!!!

Hence the name SOAPY!!!!!!!! (boy were they glad to see the back a ye - oops ye ken fit a mean)!!!!!!
i saw that wan comin .......oops i mean.....ummm eh have u seen the weather ootside
Old Apr 10th 2005, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

Didnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by soapy
i saw that wan comin .......oops i mean.....ummm eh have u seen the weather ootside
No probs Soapy!!!

Unfair advantage its Friday night (oh fucj its Saturday) I'm just slightly pished, and niver mind the bloody weatjher ootside!!!!!!
Old Apr 10th 2005, 12:41 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Didnaeseeu
No probs Soapy!!!

Unfair advantage its Friday night (oh fucj its Saturday) I'm just slightly pished, and niver mind the bloody weatjher ootside!!!!!!
geez the fitbaw scores then
dont bother , just seen them. oh Motherwell eh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 10th 2005, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Your 'USERNAME',tell us why you chose it....!

Chosen because I am a Nice Guy!!!!

I thankyou
Old Apr 10th 2005, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all
Wink Re: Your 'USERNAME',tell us why you chose it....!

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Chosen because I am a Nice Guy!!!!

I thankyou

Do you look like cliff?
Old Apr 10th 2005, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnbrooks
Do you look like cliff?
Thanks for the compliment lynnbrooks, but sad to say I lookmore like Gollum than anyone else, although I have been mistaken for Jack Nicholson as well.

In my younger days I apparently also looked liked Ian Hislop or round the other way!!!

I thankyou
Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:39 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Your 'USERNAME',tell us why you chose it....!

Hiya everyone while we are on the subject of usernames can i ask for some advice on my real name, i am hopefully emigrating to sydney when the visas come through with sparkyeng(rob), piglet(thomas) and then theres me poshrice (Sheila) anyone notice the big problem here well for those that haven't it is my name Sheila don't worry i have had all the jokes already off most of our family and friends. firstly it gives the impression of me being a lot older than i am (i am only 30) secondly well what can i say sheila and oz say no more. so what do you think i should do? i do have a nickname the children i look after have given me that is leila because they couldn't pronounce sheila anyway for any good suggestions i will be free with my karma
Yours hopefully
Poshrice
Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:43 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Firstly I have to repeat an old saying to you "you are only as old as you feel".......and if you need help with this I am readily available

On the more serious subject of your unfortunate name dilema I think you really should change it to Bruce
Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:49 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bix
Firstly I have to repeat an old saying to you "you are only as old as you feel".......and if you need help with this I am readily available

On the more serious subject of your unfortunate name dilema I think you really should change it to Bruce
LOL very funny bix ok at the moment i feel about 60 as hubby sparkyeng is in sydney leaving me to look after a 16mnth old piglet, sell our house and organise piglets medical we had our xrays done 1st april (we are going to sydney on long term temp visa) maybe u can answer another of my questions do we need to have medical checks as they have not requested migrationa gent just sent us forms for our xrays and piglets medical.

thanks for cheering me up here have some karma
Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshrice
Hiya everyone while we are on the subject of usernames can i ask for some advice on my real name, i am hopefully emigrating to sydney when the visas come through with sparkyeng(rob), piglet(thomas) and then theres me poshrice (Sheila) anyone notice the big problem here well for those that haven't it is my name Sheila don't worry i have had all the jokes already off most of our family and friends. firstly it gives the impression of me being a lot older than i am (i am only 30) secondly well what can i say sheila and oz say no more. so what do you think i should do? i do have a nickname the children i look after have given me that is leila because they couldn't pronounce sheila anyway for any good suggestions i will be free with my karma
Yours hopefully
Poshrice
I was going to suggest 'Kylie', but she's cracking on a bit as well.

I've just realised I don't know the names of any young attractive Oz women. Well not their 'real' names anyway,

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:56 pm
Tired but Happy

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I was going to suggest 'Kylie', but she's cracking on a bit as well.

I've just realised I don't know the names of any young attractive Oz women. Well not their 'real' names anyway,

Cheers,
JTL
Cheers jack it is not the age thing really it is more the fact of being sheila and living in oz although my book on oz has a slang dictionary and it does say that a sheila is a blokes kind of women so i suppose that describes me to a tee
Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:03 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Sheila,

If you are on a 457 temp visa and not entering the Health or Education industry then no, you and Rob may not need to do meds.

We are on a 2 year temp. Two boys had meds but me and Da Boss were only asked to do x-rays.

Only thing I am not sure about is the time thing. You are presumably on a 4 year stint. I guess as they have not asked it's same for you though.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:07 pm
Tired but Happy

Originally Posted by Bix
Sheila,

If you are on a 457 temp visa and not entering the Health or Education industry then no, you and Rob may not need to do meds.

We are on a 2 year temp. Two boys had meds but me and Da Boss were only asked to do x-rays.

Only thing I am not sure about is the time thing. You are presumably on a 4 year stint. I guess as they have not asked it's same for you though.
Thats great bix thanks for your help yeah we are going on a 4 year visa how long after meds did it take to get your visa piglet hasn't got his till may partly because they are fully booked till late april and partly cause my parents are taking us to gran canaria as sparkyeng not back till 13th may
Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:20 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

We had a lot of fun and games leading up to it but the actual visa process was pretty smooth.

Nomination lodged by employer end April.
Online application early May.
Visa granted 21 June.

It could have been quicker - we discovered the meds were sitting in the UK for no reason 3 weeks wasted.

So I reckon it could have been 6 weeks start to finish.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:26 pm
Tired but Happy

Originally Posted by Bix
We had a lot of fun and games leading up to it but the actual visa process was pretty smooth.

Nomination lodged by employer end April.
Online application early May.
Visa granted 21 June.

It could have been quicker - we discovered the meds were sitting in the UK for no reason 3 weeks wasted.

So I reckon it could have been 6 weeks start to finish.
brilliant thats a great help the company rob has a job with has appointed the migration agent so we just leaving it all up to them we have had a few delays because of getting rob's rtrade qualifications recognised he is a service engineer so he needs to get a license so there has been a lot of paperwork going backwards and forwards i.e college certificates pain in the bum cause we havce had to have copies certified by a judge before they would accept them he has taken the last lot out with him along witht the originals so hopefully that will speed things up a bit can't wait to get out to sydney never been to oz in my life neither had hubby till last week he just applied for a transfer and got the job that was in october last year so fingfers crossed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.