British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Your 'USERNAME',tell us why you chose it....! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/your-username-tell-us-why-you-chose-294872/)

lynnbrooks Apr 6th 2005 10:21 pm

Your 'USERNAME',tell us why you chose it....!

It has come to my attention that when it comes to imagination on names,I haven't got one!
They wanted a name,so I gave them one......mine!
It seemed to be the obvious choice at the time untill I saw some of the others, now I feel so boring!!!!.........

..I've often wondered why people have chosen names like 'HUP' , 'Renth' and many others....so please tell us what's the story behind the names?????

I apologise at this point for those that are at the mercy of choosing their own name,like I did, rendering us of anything exciting to say but I'm sure we will get our moment of fame another time...SO......COME ON.......GO!!!!!!!

Lynn :)

soapy© Apr 6th 2005 10:27 pm

Re: Your 'USERNAME',tell us why you chose it....!

its a secret ;) :p

fireeater Apr 6th 2005 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by lynnbrooks
It has come to my attention that when it comes to imagination on names,I haven't got one!
It seemed to be the obvious choice at the time untill I saw some of the others, now I feel so boring!!!!.........

..I've often wondered why people have chosen names like 'HUP' , 'Renth' and many others....so please tell us what's the story behind the names?????

I apologise at this point for those that are at the mercy of choosing their own name,like I did, rendering us of anything exciting to say but I'm sure we will get our moment of fame another time...SO......COME ON.......GO!!!!!!!

Hi Lynn, my name sounds quite exciting but the reason I chose it is as unimaginative as your reason. I tried my real name, Carl but someone had used that, then tried Carl1 but someone had used that, and then decided to use my profession as I didn't think anyone would have used it. So I am a fire-eater by name and profession :)

Carl

numbers Apr 6th 2005 10:34 pm

I guess im the same as you Lynn, I used mine obviously, then after a while i realised i should have been more adventurous. Actually, i may yet change mine, i think ive upset a few :p Tony

scissors Apr 6th 2005 10:37 pm

hi lynn,lol,i think mines obvious,im sure everyone knows by now :D

tracey

soapy© Apr 6th 2005 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by scissors
hi lynn,lol,i think mines obvious,im sure everyone knows by now :D

tracey

ah but can u cut hair????? lol

Wol Apr 6th 2005 10:40 pm

I decided not to use my real name but instead have one that wasn't too way out.......

numbers Apr 6th 2005 10:41 pm

on a related matter, how do you get your little animated Gifs to work below your names, ive tried on my edit pade and it just dun work :(

scissors Apr 6th 2005 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by soapy
ah but can u cut hair????? lol

lol,dunno,dont think so,to much experience,lol :D

tracey

Mel Gibson Apr 6th 2005 10:44 pm

l am not really Mel Gibson as you may have guessed. l acquired the nickname
Mel Gibson because as l am ugly my friends used to call be Mel Gibson as a joke. Have you heard the saying " Your not exactly Mel Gibson" or " Your not exactly Brad Pitt".

TrickyTree Apr 6th 2005 10:49 pm

Mine is a nickname of my favourite football team (FOREST) who were all but relegated last night after loosing (again) to Coventry. :(

A sad TT

numbers Apr 6th 2005 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
Mine is a nickname of my favourite football team (FOREST) who were all but relegated last night after loosing (again) to Coventry. :(

A sad TT

sorry, but thats helps us in Plymouth :p

SalSa Apr 6th 2005 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by TrickyTree

A sad TT

Just got in...... what was the score?
:mad:

numbers Apr 6th 2005 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by SalSa
Just got in...... what was the score?
:mad:

4-2 to Chelsea

SalSa Apr 6th 2005 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by tonyclark
4-2 to Chelsea

Forest???