Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Yes I am deeply offended and very upset

Yes I am deeply offended and very upset

Old May 19th 2005, 4:01 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yes I am deeply offended and very upset

I just got one thing to say "dont let the b@stards get ya down" !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 19th 2005, 4:02 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maggy
But what about my stock cubes no more home made soup for me
u will just need tae get a sheeps heed and boil it up fit soup..........or you could boil up 3 legs baws lol.....boil in the bag hahaha
Old May 19th 2005, 6:15 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by maggy
But what about my stock cubes no more home made soup for me
Hate to say this but Jill could be going down for nothing, They do Knorr stock cubes up here, I'l check to see if they have the ham ones and grab you some.

How dya look in Orange overalls Jill?

Kala
Old May 19th 2005, 6:35 am
Merlot

Happened to me with OXO cubes from Blighty.

Jill, I hope you don't mind but thought I would put this debate to vote as we are going around in circles without resolution. I don't want to see anymore upset for anyone.

Chin up chicken, think of M&S & the Metro Centre. Mind it is piddling down today.

M

Old May 19th 2005, 6:36 am

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Sorry to break up the WA party. Living in Melbourne, I don't usually pay too much attention to the Perth threads, but I caught this one after seeing a thread in the general forums. I think it would be terrible if someone was made to feel too uncomfortable to post on this forum because of the behaviour of one poster towards them. Please rise above the lone heckler and listen to the praise of those who appreciate what you write. From my own job experiences in entertainment I have come to realise that you can't please everybody but if you're making some people happy by what you say it's worth it. Accept any constructive criticism that comes your way, but any unnecessary nastiness comes from the person giving it, rather than as a reflection of what they are commenting on.

Carl

ps. constructive criticism.....don't give up posting your diaries, as hopefully I'll be going to Perth soon and I want to start reading them
Old May 19th 2005, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

AliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
I am stunned at the personal attack on me, truely stunned. It's irrelevant whether it was mean't as a joke or not I am extremely upset by it.

Thankyou to my lovely husband who put it so right in his post.

I sit here with tears streaming down my face and I am supposed to be helping Imogen at school. How can someome be so cruel. Yes I know this is only a forum, but words hurt.

I wish to God I had never switched to computer on, what the hell have I done to deserve this?

You got your wish, you won't be hearing from me again and I hope that you are happy that today you have made me feel totally crap.

What stuns me even more is that I arranged for a meet up with this guy at Kings Park when he was on a reci. He didn't turn up which was fine as they would have been very busy, but why attack me now?

Jill

edited for typo.
Cheer up. I think you are paying the price of fame. What is it about us Brits -whenever someone is doing well and becoming popular (as your diaries are) we have a pop at them.

C'mon open a bottle of Bolly and think like Patsy. Sh*t happens but don't let it get you down for long. There are lots of folk out there that will benefit from you posting (you will as well).

Ali
Old May 19th 2005, 6:38 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fireeater
Sorry to break up the WA party. Living in Melbourne, I don't usually pay too much attention to the Perth threads, but I caught this one after seeing a thread in the general forums. I think it would be terrible if someone was made to feel too uncomfortable to post on this forum because of the behaviour of one poster towards them. Please rise above the lone heckler and listen to the praise of those who appreciate what you write. From my own job experiences in entertainment I have come to realise that you can't please everybody but if you're making some people happy by what you say it's worth it. Accept any constructive criticism that comes your way, but any unnecessary nastiness comes from the person giving it, rather than as a reflection of what they are commenting on.

Carl

ps. constructive criticism.....don't give up posting your diaries, as hopefully I'll be going to Perth soon and I want to start reading them

Ditto, don't let them win and stay
Old May 19th 2005, 6:52 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser
Ditto, don't let them win and stay
What Fraser said!
Old May 19th 2005, 6:55 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
I am stunned at the personal attack on me, truely stunned. It's irrelevant whether it was mean't as a joke or not I am extremely upset by it.

Thankyou to my lovely husband who put it so right in his post.

I sit here with tears streaming down my face and I am supposed to be helping Imogen at school. How can someome be so cruel. Yes I know this is only a forum, but words hurt.

I wish to God I had never switched to computer on, what the hell have I done to deserve this?

You got your wish, you won't be hearing from me again and I hope that you are happy that today you have made me feel totally crap.

What stuns me even more is that I arranged for a meet up with this guy at Kings Park when he was on a reci. He didn't turn up which was fine as they would have been very busy, but why attack me now?

Jill

edited for typo.
OMG Jill, what has happened. I'd better read rest of the post and see. Whatever it is I'm sure whoever did it is a jerk.
You are well liked and respected on here.
Sarah
Old May 19th 2005, 7:30 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue
Jill, we all love you and enjoy the contributions you make to this forum. Please do not let this bad apple spoil your day.

Sue

and i'll second that

rooksie xx
Old May 19th 2005, 7:32 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

*big hugz*
sent you a PM
Old May 19th 2005, 7:57 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jill

Come on don't let him get to you...Look at all these replies and support. Sadly most of us have been on the end of some sort of offence on this site but you are made of stronger stuff than this..come on matey don't let them win. I still look in and love reading what you have to say as I know many others do too.
Hugs to you

P
Old May 19th 2005, 8:07 am
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice

I was having a really crummy day yesterday, so was sitting nose to the computer watching while the whole thing panned out..... It's not the first time I've read stuff that's made me feel like I was back in the playground watching some bully kick the sh*t out of some other kid... sickened and rather guilty to not be stepping in to stop it! Sorry I didn't post - like many others, the vitriolic responses some post get makes me think twice these days....
What particularly amazes me is that someone can complain about a diary, when it is clearly..... a diary..... doesn't pretend to be anything else... so why read the damn thing if you're not interested?????
There are loads of us out there that have read bits or all of your diaries and love them, find them full of insight, information, humour..... Look at all the best-selling travel-type books... most are in the form of diaries..... look at classical literature... PEOPLE LIKE TO READ ABOUT PEOPLE!!!! Maybe to some people that make us sad individuals but WE DON'T CARE!!!
Hopefully all these responses will make you think again.... and maybe all those self-satisfied smug members who scoff at the rest of us will realise that this forum isn't their private playground!!
Old May 19th 2005, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

AvronW is on a distinguished road

Jill, as much as I don't fully identify with your shopping cravings (being a typical male), hearing how you guys experience things down there really helps us mentally prepare for much of what we are likely to face when we move and has been invaluable (as well as hugely entertaining).

Whatever is said or implied, please brush it off and keep up the great work!
Old May 19th 2005, 8:21 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Hate to say this but Jill could be going down for nothing, They do Knorr stock cubes up here, I'l check to see if they have the ham ones and grab you some.

How dya look in Orange overalls Jill?

Kala
Maggy,

Have sent you a PM but just incasse.

Looked for Knorr Ham cubes, they only had chicken or fish, but they did have Continental Bacon.

Continental and Knorr and both Unilever companies and ham and bacon are both pig so thought they should be either the same or very similar. I grabbed you a couple of packets so if you haven't tried them and want to PM me your address and I'l send them down.

Just out of curiousity, on what grounds do they blow the food up, is it because they are not allowed in or that they expect you to pay import duty on them?

Cheers
Kala

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.