British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Yes I am deeply offended and very upset (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/yes-i-am-deeply-offended-very-upset-303808/)

Go Banana's !! May 18th 2005 11:37 pm

Yes I am deeply offended and very upset

I am stunned at the personal attack on me, truely stunned. It's irrelevant whether it was mean't as a joke or not I am extremely upset by it.

Thankyou to my lovely husband who put it so right in his post.

I sit here with tears streaming down my face and I am supposed to be helping Imogen at school. How can someome be so cruel. Yes I know this is only a forum, but words hurt.

I wish to God I had never switched to computer on, what the hell have I done to deserve this?

You got your wish, you won't be hearing from me again and I hope that you are happy that today you have made me feel totally crap.

What stuns me even more is that I arranged for a meet up with this guy at Kings Park when he was on a reci. He didn't turn up which was fine as they would have been very busy, but why attack me now?

Jill

edited for typo.

andy & jayne May 18th 2005 11:52 pm

'go Bananas!' Whats Wrong??

What the hell has happened?? No idea! I feel awful but really do not know whats going on! Sorry!

Jayne :confused: :confused:

LauraIreland May 19th 2005 12:01 am

Re: Yes I am deeply offended and very upset

[QUOTE=Go Banana's !!]I am stunned at the personal attack on me, truely stunned. It's irrelevant whether it was mean't as a joke or not I am extremely upset by it.

I sit here with tears streaming down my face and I am supposed to be helping Imogen at school. How can someome be so cruel. Yes I know this is only a forum, but words hurt.

I wish to God I had never switched to computer on, what the hell have I done to deserve this?

You got your wish, you won't be hearing from me again and I hope that you are happy that today you have made me feel totally crap.

Dear Jill,
don't be upset, people who make anonymous jibes are generally lacking in self confidence and communication skills in reality.
I must say I was shocked by this behaviour. I am a new member and use the site to try and glean any morsel of info that may help my visa app and have been delightfully amused by the thoughts and comments of most of the members including yours.
Laura

Tass May 19th 2005 12:13 am

Jill , please don't go ! Although I don't think we have ever talked before I have loved reading your posts over the past year or so. I haven't read what this other person said about you but you know it's not the majority of us.
I'm sure , if you think back , we did a poll on the best "posters" and I remember your name being up there with the best.I know you're hurt and offended but please don't let the B##t#rd get you down.
Virtual <hug> and best wishes,
Tass.

Bix da Boss May 19th 2005 12:15 am

Re: 'go Bananas!' Whats Wrong??

Originally Posted by andy & jayne
What the hell has happened?? No idea! I feel awful but really do not know whats going on! Sorry!

Jayne :confused: :confused:

I was just thinking the same after scanning the new posts! What was said to have upset Jill so much? Will have to ask Bix when he gets home!
Sorry to read someone got to her so badly - people can be really cruel thats partly why I stopped posting for a few months. I'm really careful what I answer now and think twice about what I say :(

Hope she is ok now as really enjoyed reading her posts as did loads of other people :)

Gill

Tiawamutu May 19th 2005 12:28 am

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
I am stunned at the personal attack on me, truly stunned. It's irrelevant whether it was meant as a joke or not I am extremely upset by it.

Thank you to my lovely husband who put it so right in his post.

I sit here with tears streaming down my face and I am supposed to be helping Imogen at school. How can someone be so cruel. Yes I know this is only a forum, but words hurt.

What stuns me even more is that I arranged for a meet up with this guy at Kings Park when he was on a reci. He didn't turn up which was fine as they would have been very busy, but why attack me now?

Jill

edited for typo.

I have just experienced the same sort of thing Jill (which I will not go into as it may cause more trouble)
There are some cruel and nasty people around these days, who just set out to hurt other people and don't deserve to be registered on forums.
Don't lose faith in your writing, as you do a wonderful job, and it's so nice to hear about your stories.
Keep your chin up, and don't let one sad **** ruin a great thing :)

Sue May 19th 2005 12:53 am

The poster in question is being dealt with. I wish to apologise for not checking it sooner and let the whole situation run away with itself. Jill, we all love you and enjoy the contributions you make to this forum. Please do not let this bad apple spoil your day.

Sue

I am stunned at the personal attack on me, truely stunned. It's irrelevant whether it was mean't as a joke or not I am extremely upset by it.

Jill

edited for typo.

renth May 19th 2005 12:55 am

Don't let some "virtual idiot" upset you, it's not worth it. Keep coming back to the forum, you are a great contributor. :p :p

flip May 19th 2005 1:14 am

Do continue - When I first found the site I must have spent a good few hours reading all about your life in Australia - it's good for newcomers as well as your friends to get an insight into the day to day as well as getting all the help and support everyone gives on the site. Good luck.

Carolyn

Pollyana May 19th 2005 1:17 am

Big hug Jill, please keep posting - I don't often read the diary stuff, but I have read a lot of your posts, and both you and Warren post valuable info. I know what it feels like to be attacked via the forum, it knocks the stuffing out of you, but I suggest you do what I did, take a few days away from it, large drink, deep breath and come back in the knowledge that we want to read your posts. :)

I have to say that I really admire you for coping so well for so long when it was just you and Imogen, with Warren still in the UK. You've got guts, girl!!! ;)
===============
As has been said before, people who don't like a particular type of post should just ignore it and read something else.

jad n rich May 19th 2005 1:19 am

Jill

edited for typo.

As an outside ie with no interest in Perth, or not knowing either of you three legs or yourself, both threads seem harmless enough. Each will appeal to different people.

However any of us tho who put a lot of personal info or opinions on a website we must be prepared for it to not go down well with everybody.

3 legs might have been a bit insensitive about you but sometimes your threads were a bit insensitive too, why open the thread back up to point out you are now driving a car thats about three years wages in Perth :confused:
Imagine reading that sitting there in Perth while struggling to find work :eek: Or when you compared youself to a single parent :D those women/men deserve a lot of respect especially from people as fortunate financially as you (or indeed I) obviously are.

My point is a lot of people read this and it is easy to offend we just have to accept that a bit of flack or piss taking will come of it now and again.

All the best J&R

Simone May 19th 2005 1:26 am

For the confused peeps:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303688

And this one nearly the same, but quite a bit more offensive in the later posts:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303625

I've said my bit in other threads but to summarise:

- Personal attacks are just not acceptable
- The diaries was on-topic, and even helpful to many people. Anyone who doesn't like it should just ignore it(unless it's offensive to them, which I can't imagine)

I personally don't care much if Jill leaves the forum, because I'll see her in real life, but I think it would be a great loss to many others on the forum. For humour, information, and other stuff about life in Oz, etc etc.

JayDeee May 19th 2005 1:31 am

Jill

edited for typo.

Cheer up Jill, What people on an online Forum say really isn't that important in the big scheme of things.
As long as you are happy with you and yours then all is good.

Looks like Sue's banned ol 3 legs now anyway

Kala

Madhouse! May 19th 2005 1:37 am

Sent you a pm Jill, Keep your chin up and Keep strong!

Claire

maggy May 19th 2005 2:11 am

Jill

edited for typo.

Hugs and kisses doll please dont stop posting.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx