Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Yes I am deeply offended and very upset

Yes I am deeply offended and very upset

Old May 19th 2005, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

TraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Yes I am deeply offended and very upset

Hi Jill,
Don't stop writing your diary my love. There are loads of us out here who really enjoy them. Three legs diary was funny to read if just taken as a bit of fun but I'm not down with anyone being left in tears.
You are a strong and intelligient woman who writes interesting, informative and funny stuff. So what if three legs finds some of it boring, our lives of full of humdrum stuff aren't they? I for one like to hear about that kind of stuff, makes me feel normal, reassured and confident that life will carry on as normal once we get to Oz.
I can't believe that you're going to let one person prevent you from writing your diary Jill. In a couple of days this will all seem irrelevant and you won't even care. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm sure three legs didn't mean to upset you. Maybe an apology is in order from three legs?
If not forthcoming, don't worry about it hon.
Take care and karma coming your way.
Tracey.
Old May 19th 2005, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

I feel so saddened about how this has all gone. There seems to be a horrible tone on the forum at the moment. At the end of the day, we are all on here wanting to share experiences and learn as much as we possibly can about what our new lives might be like.

Jill, I have loved your posts and even though I only started reading them in March, I keep referring to them as it makes my wait to get to Oz worthwhile. Please do not let this prevent you from sharing your obvious wealth of experience.

I read 3Legs' post yesterday and obviously missed something because I thought it was harmless enough. Whatever I missed I am sad that it has upset you so much. You have clearly contributed so much to this forum and I sincerely hope it continues.

I hope it all blows over soon and you feel better. In the mean time, hang in there.

Best wishes,

SArah
Old May 19th 2005, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Jill I don't really know what has gone off just started looking at this today.But whatever it is do not let it get to you.Since going on this site I have looked at many of your posts and you seem a really nice person.You must have put so much time and effort into your diaries and we all thankyou for that.
Please do not be down rise above it.Take Care
Please do not stop posting will you.
Gaynor
Old May 19th 2005, 9:18 am
Professional Princess

Jill, I too couldnt believe this attack on you.

I have had the odd comment about my writing too and it's made me come to the conclusion that when something is going well for a particular poster on this forum, ie. yourself, there is always someone usually not a regular poster of the site that will just wait for an occasion to have a go.

Now I fully support the fact that we might not all like to read certain posts, which is fine. But if something is not to someone else's liking then the answer is simple, don't read it.

You write very well Jill and I enjoy reading your diaries as do many others.

The person that took the piss out of your writing probably has no potential in the literary world and therefore resents you because you do.

And I know someone else posted that people that don't have money might resent certain things that are posted and it may have got their backs up. Well life is like that. I dont own my own house and work my tits off to have what I do.

When it comes to people on here saying they can buy their houses outright and will be mortgage free, then Im not jealous, I think 'Good on you'.

So although that poster may be a tad jealous, that doesnt give him/her the right to have a personal dig purely for a member writing a diary.

So please keep posting Jill because I am sure it will be just a matter of time before we see your diaries published.

And then 3legs will really have something to moan about.

Love Sam

Old May 19th 2005, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
I am stunned at the personal attack on me, truely stunned. It's irrelevant whether it was mean't as a joke or not I am extremely upset by it.

Thankyou to my lovely husband who put it so right in his post.

I sit here with tears streaming down my face and I am supposed to be helping Imogen at school. How can someome be so cruel. Yes I know this is only a forum, but words hurt.

I wish to God I had never switched to computer on, what the hell have I done to deserve this?

You got your wish, you won't be hearing from me again and I hope that you are happy that today you have made me feel totally crap.

What stuns me even more is that I arranged for a meet up with this guy at Kings Park when he was on a reci. He didn't turn up which was fine as they would have been very busy, but why attack me now?

Jill

edited for typo.
I personally wouldnt stop writing your diaries. Writing is a wonderful medium and if it helps other people and gives enjoyment or advise then carry on. I’m sure everyone has at some point in their lives received critisicism for something they have said or done. Most of the time it is just somebodies opinion, something which everyone it entitled to have, including you.

Keep on posting.
Old May 19th 2005, 9:39 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

storm in a tea cup....
Old May 19th 2005, 9:57 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

missed all the uproar as havent been on for a couple of days.....why dont people just read the threads they think may be useful to them and leave it at that??
I only read the odd thread now and then....if i think it might be relevant to me, or i feel i can make comments and contribute something.....
This reminded me of something that happened to me; I once got heavily critisized by a poster (who is now a mod! ) for posting a message about date rape that had been posted on my university's intranet - I wasnt aware it was an urban myth thing......and as i wasnt a computer expert/geography major i wasnt aware of the inconsistencies of the story. Result was a public flogging - however,it does really hurt when you are publicly slated, and you do feel humiliated, but at the end of the day i now couldnt give a toss - and nor should you jill........they arent worth expending the energy on - your life is too short to waste it on worrying about what one d###head thinks, when you know the people who count - your friends - appreciate what you do for them (and you seem to have lots of friends on here )

chin up jill

sue
Old May 19th 2005, 10:03 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla1
storm in a tea cup....

Agree....
Old May 19th 2005, 10:04 am
Banned

Traa dt liooar is an unknown quantity at this point

http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...cat=500&page=1

A nasty piece of work if ever I saw one...

"Look at the eyes...the eyes...not around the eyes...the eyes...you're under...

When you wake you will realise that Three Legs is a really nice chap who doesn't like to offend anyone...

Click...

You're back in the room !"

Tdl (Three Legs confidant)
Old May 19th 2005, 10:08 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Traa dt liooar

When you wake you will realise that Three Legs is a really nice chap who doesn't like to offend anyone...

Click...

Lovely sunset/sunrise pictures ... nice family scene too ...
Old May 19th 2005, 10:09 am
Go Banana's !!

Smile Re: Yes I am deeply offended and very upset

Click...

Yes he is a very nice chap, who has just sent me a beautifully scripted sincere apology, which I have accepted with no hard feelings what so ever. I promise not to scratch his eyes out should he actually turn up to a meet this time Tell him from me

Plus the fact I can't resist a fellow Little Britain fan quoting my favourite line on me, that my husband does to get me into bed !!!

All is truely forgiven

Jill

Old May 19th 2005, 10:12 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Yes he is a very nice chap, who has just sent me a beautifully scripted sincere apology, which I have accepted with no hard feelings what so ever. I promise not to scratch his eyes out should he actually turn up to a meet this time Tell him from me

Plus the fact I can't resist a fellow Little Britain fan quoting my favourite line on me, that my husband does to get me into bed !!!

All is truely forgiven

Jill
That's really good to hear!
Old May 19th 2005, 10:13 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Click...

Come back... come back where ever you are...

personally I thought the first posting was well funny.. and not a personal dig.. but hey ho.. Didnt see the other one

Personally I also like 3 legs previous posts..

something is happening to these boards.. getting clique... used to be fun..used to be very good for information, which Jills diary was great for..
Old May 19th 2005, 10:15 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Yay!

Old May 19th 2005, 10:16 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

All is truely forgiven

Jill
Three Cheers for Three Legs!

(now can I have that hour back?)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.