Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why British wants to go Australia?

Why British wants to go Australia?

Old Jul 3rd 2009, 4:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why British wants to go Australia?

Originally Posted by Gemnic
Bringing the thread back on topic.... we are planning to move because, although we live in a lovely area in Surrey, we don't have the disposable income to spend on entertaining our family on days out in relation to the UK weather. We want to be able to spend much more time doing things outside i.e. going to the beach/lake/playparks. The outdoor space in the UK, whilst largely very pretty, green and vast, is often dirty, disorganised and with little provision of things to 'do'. Having heard what my sister does with her friends children for little cost (i.e. barbies on the beach, outdoor play-pools etc) we want to give this a try.

Also, whilst I am not opposed to the genuinely needed coming to the UK as refugees, I am constantly reminded in my locality that more and more and more Polish, Romanian, Hungarian, Nigerian, Iranian and other 'so called refugees' are moving in and making genuinely needy people in the UK feel guilty about claiming governmental help. As an example, in my sons future school we were told that 25% of the children are from refugee families and therefore pay nothing for school uiform, school meals, school trips etc.... that, in my opinion, is a lot for a sleepy corner of Surrey.

I understand that by coming to Oz we are becoming economic migrants, just like many of these people moving to England, but the difference is we have work lined up and intend to 100% pay our dues.

Whilst I understand that Oz is expensive, I get the impression that (definitely on my sisters part) she has a great deal more disposable income than she ver had in the UK. She owns a 4 bed house (at 24!) as opposed to renting a 2 (well, 1.5!) bed flat in the UK for the same money. She has a better social life and definitely more Ozzie friends than British ones.

I want my children to grow up with a broader knowledge of the world, and moving to Oz will only enrich this, I think.

In short we're going to have a better QUALITY of life, I hope!
I grew up in (went to school)in both countries and became far more enriched with a much broader knowledge of the world in the UK than ever in Australia.
Kids these days don't spend a lot of time outside at least not without supervision.
Does she own or paying off??Plenty of people here live beyond their means....but will agree to more disposable income..but not to social life and a lot of immigrants say the same that it is somewhat difficult making friendships in Australia...just my experience living a long time in both countries....
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm
Funny that the wealthy aren't leaving in droves.
Unless for political upheaval in the nature that the incoming government is about to redistubute the riches of the wealthy when have any elite or people of money ever felt the need to relocate?
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 4:52 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
You are totally correct apart from Romania as far as i'm aware is not yet in The Union.
Romania joined in 2007 along with Bulgaria to push the EU25 to EU27.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 5:56 pm
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point

I never mentioned houses. 60 million people in a country the size of Victoria, at least 570,000 of which are illegal immigrants - another good reason to leave and find some space. It's going to get very ugly, very soon once the north sea oil runs out now the "miracle economy" has been revealed as a sham.

Yup, and its all turned to shit in the uk!
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
With Turkey set to join EU, i wouldnt be surprised if Russia or other CIS nations demand to get on board...
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 6:28 pm
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ronan_in_Oz
With Turkey set to join EU, i wouldnt be surprised if Russia or other CIS nations demand to get on board...
More the merrier
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 6:38 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by sunitram
Good Day Mates!!

I'm S.Korean who applied 175 visa this year and still I'm waiting for CO assignment. While I was waiting, and getting a lot of valuable information from you after having found this forum, I was just wondering why so many British people want to go to Australia.
As a Korean, I myself have a dream of living in well developed country and having more job opportunities. Probably the most of you have never heard about S.K, and truth is working condition here is not comparable in A. or UK. I strongly believe that the most of grown Korean think about immigration if and only if they have a chance. Fortunately I can speak just a little bit better than average of my people (for Korea is kind of isolated country with our own language and characters, we don't have a lot of chances to be exposed in English daily lives), so I could have a chance to apply.
But, Why British people? UK is, in my thought, one of the most wealthy and powerful, effective countries in the world. You have fantastic living standards and good nature, aren't you? Why do you want to go to Australia?

(If this is already answered question, please let me know how to find it and I apology in advance)
I don't know really lol...maybe it's the sun, cause if the weather was crap there, i'm sure they wouldn't bother emigrating.
I emigrated to OZ but i am back in UK now grass was not greener afterall.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 12:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Does she own or paying off??Plenty of people here live beyond their means....but will agree to more disposable income..but not to social life and a lot of immigrants say the same that it is somewhat difficult making friendships in Australia...just my experience living a long time in both countries....
Depends on you, your family, your friends, your work, your friends' work. Where you live - yes, very much so, unfortunately.

Demographics the most important key in my opinion...
Old Jul 4th 2009, 2:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
Been down under too long and it escaped my memory,yes ofcourse it joined New Years Day 2007......
Old Jul 4th 2009, 2:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ronan_in_Oz
Think it will be some time before Turkey is admitted as several countries have issues with that...but in time they may find it convinent to allow Turkey in to anchor it in the Western Camp. Immigration is one contentious in allowing membership.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 4:44 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
<snip>and the government has let in far too many people from other countries whose values are opposed to those of the native population.
Ohhhh, the irony

It's even better than "I left the UK because of rising immigration" ...
Old Jul 4th 2009, 4:45 am
ABCDiamond

Kids these days don't spend a lot of time outside at least not without supervision....
That might vary a bit, as the kids seem to spend lots of time outside in my area. Although those with British parents seem a bit more reluctant to allow it, than the locals.

Old Jul 4th 2009, 5:42 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
That might vary a bit, as the kids seem to spend lots of time outside in my area. Although those with British parents seem a bit more reluctant to allow it, than the locals.
Strange really when one considers that these same British parents were allowed to roam free from a young age.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 5:50 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Ohhhh, the irony

It's even better than "I left the UK because of rising immigration" ...
Well spotted

Then again, the whole concept of "native population"/"sons of the soil" is a load of boll@cks.

Old Jul 4th 2009, 6:04 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by paulry
Strange really when one considers that these same British parents were allowed to roam free from a young age.
It may be because we 'appeared' to live in an innocent age back then, but we see that things are so different these days, and the world is a much more scary place to be in.

However, if we had the same media back then, the internet, instant 24/7 news etc., maybe we would have know what it was really like back then ?

Only a few hours ago I mentioned to my younger daughter how, in my early childhood, we had to go to the cinema to watch the news, "Pathe News" and see what was happening outside our little area. These days we hear things in minutes, from anywhere in the world, and we seem to hear just about "everything" that happens.

It also brings to mind an incident when I was 11, and a young boy from our area was abducted etc... We knew about it, but did the rest of the country ?
That is still in my mind even now, as it was such a big thing to hear about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.