Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why British wants to go Australia?

Why British wants to go Australia?

Old Jul 2nd 2009, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why British wants to go Australia?

Originally Posted by Deancm
Yeah, family is overrated.
Yep and missing friends even less rated, they move on and so do you. Going back is never the same as it was.
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 7:56 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mijora
Ok I am so sorry... they are not poor
They are SAD
This is sad:

Old Jul 2nd 2009, 8:43 pm
Banned

mijora is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by paulry
Whats a Cat got to do with Bambis moter? your SAD
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Ok I am so sorry... they are not poor
They are SAD
How bloody dare you call my children sad!

Hi - This is her daughter now. I'm a 19 year old law student studying in a top 30 University. I could not be happier with the way my mother bought me up -in fact in contrast with my peers, I find myself hard working, determined and driven to succeed. In fact, during my university summer vac, I am working a full time job. I hardly think you can say that those traits would be cultivated by a visit to Blackpool Pleasure Beach. My mother provided frequent holidays abroad to several continents, allowing us to indulge in different cultures and, consequently, enriched our characters. As a child I enjoyed horse riding, reading and country walks - lots of fresh air that did me a world of good (without additional sun damage ) Theme parks are for the easily amused, and unfortunately I am not easily amused!

How bloody dare you insult the way my mother a) bought me up or b) call me sad. I think I am able to assess my mental wellbeing, thank you.
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 8:53 pm
Banned

mijora is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by livinginreality
How bloody dare you call my children sad!

Hi - This is her daughter now. I'm a 19 year old law student studying in a top 30 University. I could not be happier with the way my mother bought me up -in fact in contrast with my peers, I find myself hard working, determined and driven to succeed. In fact, during my university summer vac, I am working a full time job. I hardly think you can say that those traits would be cultivated by a visit to Blackpool Pleasure Beach. My mother provided frequent holidays abroad to several continents, allowing us to indulge in different cultures and, consequently, enriched our characters. As a child I enjoyed horse riding, reading and country walks - lots of fresh air that did me a world of good (without additional sun damage ) Theme parks are for the easily amused, and unfortunately I am not easily amused!

How bloody dare you insult the way my mother a) bought me up or b) call me sad. I think I am able to assess my mental wellbeing, thank you.
Thanks livinginreality daughter. I am so glad I AMUSE you =))
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 10:03 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gemnic
Bringing the thread back on topic.... we are planning to move because, although we live in a lovely area in Surrey, we don't have the disposable income to spend on entertaining our family on days out in relation to the UK weather. We want to be able to spend much more time doing things outside i.e. going to the beach/lake/playparks. The outdoor space in the UK, whilst largely very pretty, green and vast, is often dirty, disorganised and with little provision of things to 'do'. Having heard what my sister does with her friends children for little cost (i.e. barbies on the beach, outdoor play-pools etc) we want to give this a try.

Also, whilst I am not opposed to the genuinely needed coming to the UK as refugees, I am constantly reminded in my locality that more and more and more Polish, Romanian, Hungarian, Nigerian, Iranian and other 'so called refugees' are moving in and making genuinely needy people in the UK feel guilty about claiming governmental help. As an example, in my sons future school we were told that 25% of the children are from refugee families and therefore pay nothing for school uiform, school meals, school trips etc.... that, in my opinion, is a lot for a sleepy corner of Surrey.

I understand that by coming to Oz we are becoming economic migrants, just like many of these people moving to England, but the difference is we have work lined up and intend to 100% pay our dues.

Whilst I understand that Oz is expensive, I get the impression that (definitely on my sisters part) she has a great deal more disposable income than she ver had in the UK. She owns a 4 bed house (at 24!) as opposed to renting a 2 (well, 1.5!) bed flat in the UK for the same money. She has a better social life and definitely more Ozzie friends than British ones.

I want my children to grow up with a broader knowledge of the world, and moving to Oz will only enrich this, I think.

In short we're going to have a better QUALITY of life, I hope!
I think you'll find that the Poles, Romanians & Hungarians are all EU citizens and not "refugees", they are able to live and work in the UK just as Brits can in Spain, they have very limited rights to claim anything until they have been in gainful employment for a couple of years.

The other "refugees" you mention , I assume you mean asylum seekers, are not allowed to work in the UK whilst their case is being heard, the UK gov can be very slow accomplishing this, so they have no choice but to live of limited benefits.
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 10:42 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by caliburn
Looks like I'm really crap at cracking jokes.
This must be the second time I have agreed with you now

Old Jul 3rd 2009, 12:09 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Yep and missing friends even less rated, they move on and so do you. Going back is never the same as it was.
You can say that again. Homesickness is the mind playing tricks on you.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 12:44 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

ATTENTION ALL! I think we should all have a wip round, So as the poor children living with "livinginreality" can go to Blackpool. What parents. Obviously Australien
as trolls go I give you 3 out of 10
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 1:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks livinginreality daughter. I am so glad I AMUSE you =))
I suggest you stop slinging insults or your career on this forum will be very short.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sunitram
While a lot of Korean regard immigration as life changing decision like marriage, I think it seems that some British people just think it a kind of moving house from town to town. Please don't get me wrong and please understand the reason why I ask this question.
Anyway, getting back to the original poster you make a good point about how some Brit's see emigration as sort of like moving from town to town. I hadn't really thought of it like that before. But, yes, spot on.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 11:45 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm
Yeah, family is overrated.
For some people family is overrated. I have a sister in Brisbane who I wouldn't spit on if she were on fire. And I've never been close to the other 8 siblings, so it makes no difference whether I'm here or 5 minutes down the road. As for my parents, my father and I emailed at least twice a week up until he was too ill to use the computer anymore. My mother and I speak regularly and she is happier that I'm here, 1/2 way around the world, living a life that makes my husband happy.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 1:40 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

This thread has gone into a parallel dimension. Weird.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why British wants to go to Australia?

Originally Posted by sunitram
Oh. It was my total misunderstanding. Thank you. I really need to learn more English before I go to Australia.

Before I ask British on this question I think I should add more reason why I ask this. There are several reason why the most of Korean want to go to abroad like Australia, USA or UK. Economic difficulties, children education - especially for English language - and escaping from bloody competition all through ones life. Due to limit natural resources and highly dense population like other Asian countries, my people live in extremely competitive environment from kindergarten to grave. Most high school student cannot go to bed before 12 or 1 and must go to school before 7 A.M. to be admitted by decent college. After graduation they are facing a bloody competition and have to resign before their 50th. No welfare. No beautiful gray life because they have to support their children to live the same life with them repeatedly. Maybe it's focused only on negative aspect, but it contains truth. This is the reason many Korean (or Chinese too) having a high rated position in their country willingly go to Australia even if they will get relatively low position than they had.

Anyway Thank you for your comment.
Yes i have had a lot of dealings with Koreans and know what you mean.
In Australia there is a developing Korean population which numbered 52,760 in the 2006 Census.It has increased by 35.8% in five years with most living in Sydney(33,220) Around the suburb of Campsie can be found a large Korean population,but they are found in all states of Australia.
A lot of Korean students come to study English in Australia and have met a number here in Perth.
Traditionly British have formed the backbone of Australian immigration and although still number one source country the overall percentage is declining as other groups become more numerous such as Chinese,Indians,etc become
more numerous while the older communities fade away with the age.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
I think you'll find that the Poles, Romanians & Hungarians are all EU citizens and not "refugees", they are able to live and work in the UK just as Brits can in Spain, they have very limited rights to claim anything until they have been in gainful employment for a couple of years.

The other "refugees" you mention , I assume you mean asylum seekers, are not allowed to work in the UK whilst their case is being heard, the UK gov can be very slow accomplishing this, so they have no choice but to live of limited benefits.
You are totally correct apart from Romania as far as i'm aware is not yet in The Union.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.