Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

who is sick of Australia?

who is sick of Australia?

Old Oct 9th 2008, 2:17 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: who is sick of Australia?

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
Americanised = like America?

What I meant is that Australia shares alot of similarities with America. That I was quite clear to be honest.
Oh. I don't really see too much similarity, but then like I said I lived fairly close to the American border. It may be more apparent to those who didn't. Thanks.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Oh. I don't really see too much similarity, but then like I said I lived fairly close to the American border. It may be more apparent to those who didn't. Thanks.
Having spent significant time in Australia, Europe (incl. UK) and the USA I would have to say Australia and the USA are more similar than any other two countries in my experience. Every time I go back to visit Australia it feels more like America to me.

I'm not necessarily saying this is a bad thing, it's just a fact.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

TrentEnd will become famous soon enough

Well it's no wonder taking into account all the American tv shows here in Oz. I sometimes forget which country I'm in..
Old Oct 9th 2008, 6:21 am
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TrentEnd
Well it's no wonder taking into account all the American tv shows here in Oz. I sometimes forget which country I'm in..
TrentEnd, you're not a Forest fan by any chance?
Old Oct 9th 2008, 6:24 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

TrentEnd, you're not a Forest fan by any chance?
I am (a forest fan)
Old Oct 9th 2008, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

koalatea is on a distinguished road

If so, commiserations to you both. Old CC's comin a-cropper
Old Oct 9th 2008, 6:26 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koalatea
If so, commiserations to you both. Old CC's comin a-cropper
indeed
Old Oct 9th 2008, 6:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Grayling
I am (a forest fan)
I am a Notts fan. You should have stuck with Charlie Mac! He's doing well at Notts.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 6:32 am
Bitter and twisted

I am a Notts fan.
I used to watch then 35 years ago.....because I got free tickets
Old Oct 9th 2008, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Sadly yeah, but the less said about that the better.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 6:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Grayling
I used to watch then 35 years ago.....because I got free tickets

It's ok to admit that you have a soft spot for Notts.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

...is it?
Old Oct 9th 2008, 6:42 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by TrentEnd
...is it?
Better them than Derby......where I was born.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Don't swear on here
Old Oct 9th 2008, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

All this talk about the UK weather.........

Today 9th October here in Sussex - they day all my stuff turned up in a big container from Oz.........it is beautiful........clear blue skies, a nip in the air and it feels fresh.

No doubt soon it'll be scraping ice off of the car conditions but at least I know once I have done that I'll go to a place of work that is somewhat interesting and challenging and I won't have to listen to mindless talk and I can learn new things.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.