Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who are the other Australians on this site?

Who are the other Australians on this site?

Old Apr 26th 2007, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

coriuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who are the other Australians on this site?

Can you all identify yourselves please. If you are living in the UK now and are planning on returning at some point (like me) or have recently done so it would be useful to hear of your experiences.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 8:48 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who are the other Australians on this site?

Originally Posted by coriuk
Can you all identify yourselves please. If you are living in the UK now and are planning on returning at some point (like me) or have recently done so it would be useful to hear of your experiences.
I wish!!!!
OH is Australian by descent but this will be his first time living there, but looking forward to it!!! Good Luck for your return..... C x
Old Apr 27th 2007, 12:00 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Hels Bells and Vash are both aussies, though unfortunately neither of 'em post as much as they used to . Seems to have been a bit of an influx of aussies to the forum lately (not that I'm complaining). I'm Australian by decent (aussie dad, aussie gramps etc) ...
Old Apr 27th 2007, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

kmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Who are the other Australians on this site?

Hi i am Sam was born in Sydney lived there till the age of 11 when my parents brought me back to the UK . Am now married with 4 kids 16,13, 8 and 7.We have been in Oz now for just over 6 months .Me hubbie and 3 of the kids love it. 16 year old not so keen but that is her age i hope. Couldnt afford Sydney and also wanted a quiter lifestyle so we are in Perth . My only regret is we didnt do it years ago ,maybe then the oldest wouldnt be so keen on going back to the UK.I to feel like a Brit as i dont know anything about Australia.And am just as scared /worried as everyone else on BE.Any questions just ask.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 3:36 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Hi - I'm Alicia, aussie born and bred, moved to the UK to be with my English partner (now husband) in '99. Moved back to Brisbane 6 months ago with OH and our 18month old son. Moving back was very hard as I loved the UK, but commuting 4 hours a day for work, barely seeing my son and not being able to access / afford decent schools for him made the decision easier. Having family on two sides of the globe is always a challenge but they've all been pretty accepting of it and we travel back and forth as much as we can to try and keep them all happy. My husbands parents (in their late 70s) have embraced Skype and we chat / webcam every week, so that takes the edge off.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

I'm Mark. Born in Sydney, moved to the UK when I was 4, so a brit really. Heading for Sydney Early next year with my english wife Anita.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

There are quite a few on the "Spouse Visa Circle" thread who are married to Brits - Kristyhans and others, am sure they will be along soon!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

Hands up - we're Aussies who spent 14 years in the UK so now we are Brits as well!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 11:09 am
1 week to go!

Little Koala is an unknown quantity at this point

I am. I was born in Oz and moved to London in 1999. I'd planned to stay "for a couple of years" but I loved living over here so much that I stayed for 8! I've had dual citizenship for the last couple of years.

I found this site when I was with my English boyfriend (now ex) and we were investigating moving to Oz together. We broke up but I still find this site really helpful as after 8 years away there is an awful lot to learn about moving back! In return I try to answer other people's questions about Oz.

I fly out to Melbourne on the 10th May so it's a mad rush trying to pack, sort out bank accounts, do last minute sightseeing, saying goodbye to friends and so on....it's an emotional rollercoaster at the moment!

Em
Old Apr 27th 2007, 11:38 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

I am. I lived on Skye for about 3 years and came back to Australia (omg has gone so fast) 2 years ago now. Have been working my butt off trying to get back to Scotland since landing here but got visa issues. Have a half-Scottish toddler and keen to get her back there before she starts school (or earlier for my sanity). Came across this site initially to try and find advice for her dad to get into Oz. Tend to lurk in the "Returning to UK" forum now as they seem to be more in my frame of mind! Miss Scotland so much I can't see straight and couldnt' care either way about Oz (and from experience have discovered the feeling is mutual, yar bastard!). Hoping for SNP victory on 3rd of May so they alter immigration situation and I can head back.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 12:02 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Originally Posted by RachelH
There are quite a few on the "Spouse Visa Circle" thread who are married to Brits - Kristyhans and others, am sure they will be along soon!

Here I am

I'm Aussie, born in SA, lived in QLD for most of my teens and early 20's. Moved to the UK in 2002 to be with my Welsh partner (now husband) and now we're going back to Brisbane before next March! Yay!!

I've liked living in the UK, being so close to Europe and being able to travel etc, but I miss home, I miss my family and I miss the way of living that I'm used to. I would never say I hated living here in the UK as I haven't - although I have found it more expensive.

So thats me!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matildaskye
Hoping for SNP victory on 3rd of May so they alter immigration situation and I can head back.
Most polls predict a Labour drubbing across the nation, and the SNP may well become the largest party in Scotland. Scottish independence will make for some interesting political developments, if nothing else. The end of Britain as a political concept for a start, and no more British passports. Separate Scottish embassies round the world and significantly less influence for Scots on the international scene.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

coriuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your relplies. I think as Australians who have spent so long away we have a unique perspective.
I am also Aussie born and bred (Newcastle NSW) I left in '92 have been back and forth many times but only recently decided that it might be time to move back as we now have two children. My DH is Australian also but we met here in the UK, in a YHA. Have been married 10 years and will be headed for sydney if we take the plunge.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Ha, believe it or not, my dad is an Aussie, Grandfather an Aussie. I was born in UK. They too live in UK.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 2:29 pm
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute

I am a Brisbane girl who has an English husband and we have lived in the Uk for most of my adult life. We are back in Brissy now and planning to go back to the UK. I am just not ready to settle in Brisbane for the rest of my life quite yet. Not yet 100 years old.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.