Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is the temperature of your pool now?

What is the temperature of your pool now?

Old Jan 9th 2012, 8:34 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What is the temperature of your pool now?

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Our thermo broke. But I reckon it's about 30ish.

Need to vist a pool shop to get a new one.
Yeah mine's still holding 30C now and will do overnight, unless we have a storm and the ambient drops ... ... very sticky still!
Old Jan 9th 2012, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

26c yesterday lunchtime, 29c at 6pm tonight, not even cooling anymore for a Scotsman.

By Wednesday evening it culd be bath material.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 9:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bingobob777
26c yesterday lunchtime, 29c at 6pm tonight, not even cooling anymore for a Scotsman.

By Wednesday evening it culd be bath material.
I checked back on m pics as I thought we had a max of 31C last year, but it got to 33C after a few days of +30's and it hit 37C in the garden.

So broke the 37 with 38 today, and that was @ 4pm.

33C water temp to beat! ... and yeah, don't do too well for cooling at the mo, but nice to get some evening use from the pool ...
Old Jan 10th 2012, 7:44 am
Account Closed

30C
Old Jan 11th 2012, 3:04 am
Account Closed

32C

33 the max last year .... come on!
Old Jan 12th 2012, 9:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Was 30.6 yesterday and I had a swim. I put my watch in for half an hour to check the temp.

Weather much cooler today and haven't checked it or gone for a swim. Will get a new thermo at Bunnings Sat.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 10:30 am
Account Closed

Was 30.6 yesterday and I had a swim. I put my watch in for half an hour to check the temp.

Weather much cooler today and haven't checked it or gone for a swim. Will get a new thermo at Bunnings Sat.
Yeah haven't been in today, but did run the sieve thing over it to pick out the few leaves that had fallen in, and when I handled the end it was warm.

Stuck me finger in and it was warm!

Old Jan 13th 2012, 12:14 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't see the thermometer because it's dark out but the water was perfect. 9 o'clock swim before bed is my idea of heaven.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 5:49 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Back after a month in UK. Pool is 32C and a very unattractive browny green colour with a distinctly rotten odour.

I've got a feeling that this year the pool is going to cost me around $500 and 8 hours of labour each time I want to swim in it!!!
Old Jan 26th 2012, 6:19 am
Account Closed

Currently 26C

Could do with some rain tho as getting a lil low.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Really? We've spent the day divebombing to try and get some out of ours

In between catching beasties and dropping them in a big spiders web and watching them get wrapped up
Old Jan 26th 2012, 8:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bingobob777
Really? We've spent the day divebombing to try and get some out of ours

In between catching beasties and dropping them in a big spiders web and watching them get wrapped up
LOL, that's one way!

Naaah, it's the highest i've ever seen it! ...
Old Jan 26th 2012, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Back after a month in UK. Pool is 32C and a very unattractive browny green colour with a distinctly rotten odour.

I've got a feeling that this year the pool is going to cost me around $500 and 8 hours of labour each time I want to swim in it!!!
From crystal clear to muddy brown green in 24 hrs.

More rain tomorrrow.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 9:56 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

41 yesterday. #1 daughter didn't bother to take the cover off and add water like I told her so not only was it low but freakin hot too.

Today after the addition of 3" of water and the cover being off it's a very refreshing 32. Lovely when the air is 42 and you've been working in the sun all day.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 12:03 pm
Account Closed

From crystal clear to muddy brown green in 24 hrs.

More rain tomorrrow.
Where's the mud coming from? ...

Originally Posted by Dorothy
41 yesterday. #1 daughter didn't bother to take the cover off and add water like I told her so not only was it low but freakin hot too.

Today after the addition of 3" of water and the cover being off it's a very refreshing 32. Lovely when the air is 42 and you've been working in the sun all day.
Nice! ... must be like a spa at that temp!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.