Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is this karma all about?

What is this karma all about?

Old Nov 6th 2004, 5:28 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is this karma all about?

Originally Posted by madsad
Darts was huge in Dubai, played some real legends when i was young, Jocky W, Bobby George, Alan "The Ton Machine" Glazier, Leighton Rees. I loved darts, the only qualitys you needed where a fat gut and the ability to walk 7 yards backwards & forwards!!

hey donna,

just read about your car, you poor things, i cannot believe it!!!

Hopefully things will start to look up very soon. Any news on the house yet?

I have sent Heather a Pm so hopefully she wont mind.

laura
x
Old Nov 6th 2004, 5:29 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by madsad
Darts was huge in Dubai, played some real legends when i was young, Jocky W, Bobby George, Alan "The Ton Machine" Glazier, Leighton Rees. I loved darts, the only qualitys you needed where a fat gut and the ability to walk 7 yards backwards & forwards!!
I remember seeing Bobby George at our local ... I thought he was royalty then! More like Jimmy Saville in retrospect, but there you go.

I still like the game, it's a totally classless "sport" that combines drinking with sociable laughs and the minimum of equipment. You do have to remember those "outs" though, it's not all supping and following-through
Old Nov 6th 2004, 5:42 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
hey donna,

just read about your car, you poor things, i cannot believe it!!!

Hopefully things will start to look up very soon. Any news on the house yet?

I have sent Heather a Pm so hopefully she wont mind.

laura
x
Laura, donna has got mixed up!! Heather is in Yeppon near Brisbane!! if you want Sydney Info PM Soapy!! he is a top man.

Malcolm.
Old Nov 6th 2004, 5:45 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
I remember seeing Bobby George at our local ... I thought he was royalty then! More like Jimmy Saville in retrospect, but there you go.

I still like the game, it's a totally classless "sport" that combines drinking with sociable laughs and the minimum of equipment. You do have to remember those "outs" though, it's not all supping and following-through
that was always my downfall mate!! i just kept hitting twenty's until i got to a manageable double!! done a 13 dart 501 when i was 15!!
Old Nov 6th 2004, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Hi Donna & Malcolm

It doesn't take much, but I'm actually speechless. I don't know what to say to comfort you and make you feel everything will be OK. Having fallen in with the wrong crowd hasn't helped the situation. Sam is probably trying to make your life as difficult as possible. Although you gave her the opportunity to go with you, and she declined, she probably feels jealous or betrayed in some way that you are leaving her behind. I know that's not fair but that's probably how she sees it. I'm not very good at the psycho-analysis stuff and I know it runs a lot deeper than that, but it's difficult to try to understand what drives people to do what they do.

Remember, if you want a rave or blow off some steam, I'm here...

D D

Hi DD,
I understand what your saying,
I assumed with things being quiet for so long that Sam was just getting on with her life,Taking a step back from her has been the hardest thing i have ever done in my life,i took a chance hoping it would bring her back to her senses,I have tried to be as open with Sam as i could,we had a great mother,daughter relationship,I had Sam when i was sixteen !! i was dam sure i was going to rear my daughter without the restraints my mum put on me as a child & i did a dam good job until now that is.
Away back at the begining of this year we thought by October ish time we would have our visa & would be getting prepared to go before xmas,Sam was originally on our application so she was well aware of our plans because at this time she was still coming with us.
I think now she is sitting thinking its just a matter of time & maybe reality is sinking in that her mum is really going,so yes she must feel jealous,the fact that she has trashed a fantastic opportunity whether now or in the future for someone of her age & betrayed by the fact that the one person who has stood by her through thick & thin has turned her back on her.

Donna.
Old Nov 6th 2004, 10:35 pm
Cotswolds to Perth

Fremantleraider will become famous soon enough

Evening all!

Just finished work..............................

I seem to have missed a bit but hope every one is ok....

LUv and Karma all round
Old Nov 6th 2004, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Fremantleraider
Evening all!

Just finished work..............................

I seem to have missed a bit but hope every one is ok....

LUv and Karma all round

Quick Cheeky has started a new thread tonight,i bored this one!

Donna.
Old Nov 6th 2004, 10:51 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat

Its a shame that the professional darts players split into 2 factions, it would have been best for the viewing public to just have 1 "world championship" really.. I did always have a chuckle at how the BBC championship tried to hype up their players by giving them all themes e.g. the viking with his viking hat, the pie man with his pies (I have a mate called Andy Smith and he looks just like andy "the pie man" smith too.. bizarre!) and also the likes of Bobby "the Dazzler" with that ridiculous chandeleer he would always carry on stage. My favourite was Ted "the count" though. He would come on stage with a cape and throw novely plastic vampire bats into the crowd. The look on his face was as if he didn't really want to do it but some World Darts marketing guys had put him up to it!! I wonder what would happen if someone got injured by one of the flying bats??
Old Nov 7th 2004, 11:09 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NJJ
Its a shame that the professional darts players split into 2 factions, it would have been best for the viewing public to just have 1 "world championship" really.. I did always have a chuckle at how the BBC championship tried to hype up their players by giving them all themes e.g. the viking with his viking hat, the pie man with his pies (I have a mate called Andy Smith and he looks just like andy "the pie man" smith too.. bizarre!) and also the likes of Bobby "the Dazzler" with that ridiculous chandeleer he would always carry on stage. My favourite was Ted "the count" though. He would come on stage with a cape and throw novely plastic vampire bats into the crowd. The look on his face was as if he didn't really want to do it but some World Darts marketing guys had put him up to it!! I wonder what would happen if someone got injured by one of the flying bats??
Ted Hankey is always a laugh, you're right about him being the LAST person who wanted to dressed-up

Peter "One Dart" Manley always looks an irritable sod too, I remember one World champs when the crowd started to get on his back, he looked like he'd wade in there and kill 'em. Might've done the ratings a favour too ...

There's a lesson there, don't have a silly nickname you can't like up to - like the Alan "Iceman" Warriner, he always looks like he's on the edge of the nervous breakdown.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 10:04 am
kingofcats2005

Ok we're going off on tangents here - what is this Karma about? I'm the new cool cat and have calmed down. This is a serious question as it really gets to me as I believe that this site is very informative and helpful - most of the time!
What is the point in this Karma Krap?!
By the way, thanks to everyone for their kind words re my apology - really meant a lot and hope we can move on from here on this site. Cheers!
dave

Old Nov 9th 2004, 11:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kingofcats2005
Ok we're going off on tangents here - what is this Karma about? I'm the new cool cat and have calmed down. This is a serious question as it really gets to me as I believe that this site is very informative and helpful - most of the time!
What is the point in this Karma Krap?!
By the way, thanks to everyone for their kind words re my apology - really meant a lot and hope we can move on from here on this site. Cheers!
dave
Troll