Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What cant we get here?

What cant we get here?

Old Jun 5th 2009, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all
Default What cant we get here?

Friend in the Uk asked me what things we couldn't get here..
Can anyone think of anything they wish we could have readily available here?

I can think of kids clothing ,decent quality but much cheaper than say Target.
I could fill a trolley in the Uk in Sainsbury's TU brand stuff ,fab quality and spend only £50. Cant do that here.

Oh and maybe a good little vacuum cleaner with a small nozzle especially to clean the gullys in the sliding windows...urgh those flies !!!

Sunbound
Old Jun 5th 2009, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of
Default Re: What cant we get here?

Originally Posted by Sunbound
Friend in the Uk asked me what things we couldn't get here..
Can anyone think of anything they wish we could have readily available here?

I can think of kids clothing ,decent quality but much cheaper than say Target.
I could fill a trolley in the Uk in Sainsbury's TU brand stuff ,fab quality and spend only £50. Cant do that here.

Oh and maybe a good little vacuum cleaner with a small nozzle especially to clean the gullys in the sliding windows...urgh those flies !!!

Sunbound
Rain every day of the week

Paddy
Old Jun 6th 2009, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fairwayskid

Paddy
Yes ... Thank goodness !!
Old Jun 6th 2009, 12:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.blackanddecker.com.au/hom...catno/PV1205B/
Old Jun 6th 2009, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Class
Old Jun 6th 2009, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

aussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Class
Yep, the British newspapers are full of classy Brits.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

LM109 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by fairwayskid

Paddy
Good answer
Black peas, yorkie bars and skips
Lisa
Old Jun 6th 2009, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

For the windows?
Old Jun 6th 2009, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about

Pampers nappies and pampers baby wipes! Only the best for baby's bum!
Old Jun 6th 2009, 11:41 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Sunbound
I maybe wrong, but don't vacuum cleaners come with a narrow nozzle attachment that is capable of doing that?
Old Jun 6th 2009, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Burkins
Dito that one!!!
Old Jun 6th 2009, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Bloke
I maybe wrong, but don't vacuum cleaners come with a narrow nozzle attachment that is capable of doing that?
They do.... however everyone i've tried just will not suck up all the crap in the window tracks Drives me nuts having to stick a wetwipe on a toothbrush to try and get it all out !!!!
Old Jun 6th 2009, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Burkins
Dont you find Huggies do a good job? I always used Pampers during the day and Huggies at night, only because Pampers seemed slightly less bulky. When we got here i just stuck to Huggies.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Dont you find Huggies do a good job? I always used Pampers during the day and Huggies at night, only because Pampers seemed slightly less bulky. When we got here i just stuck to Huggies.
I have found I get a bit of the gel from the huggies. I didn't have any sore bums with my first 2 kids but do this time around. The pampers baby dry were always good for us at night and the sensitive wipes seemed more sensitive. I did look into buying some pampers from a website but at double the cost of huggies I'll live with the huggies!
Old Jun 6th 2009, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

They do.... however everyone i've tried just will not suck up all the crap in the window tracks Drives me nuts having to stick a wetwipe on a toothbrush to try and get it all out !!!!
That's because of the silicon spray that's been used as a lubricant in it.

Anyway. I want Potato waffles. There waffly versatile you know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.