Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What cant we get here?

What cant we get here?

Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:48 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What cant we get here?

Originally Posted by Dreamy
The thin cut crisps are the closest thing to crisps in the UK - I was hugely addicted to Walkers, now I find a bag of Smiths Thinly Cut will do quite nicely even if I do have to have Thai Sweet Chilli.
I like sweet Tai chilli crisps the best out of all of them some of the big bags were ok
Old Jun 9th 2009, 11:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ossigeno
A decent haircut
Quality business suit, shirts and shoes

Marks and Spencer would go down really well here. They have outlets in Singapore and Indonesia.
In Melbourne, to get good business dress, as a starter, I need to go to David Jones and pick. Spend at least 70 dollars, maybe more, for a shirt. Myer don't cut it at all with their standard ranges - they carry one or two lines but you pay in excess of 100 dollars per shirt.

Or a boutique shop in the CBD or down Toorak Road.

There's a few shops on Collins Street at the Paris End.

Many of the good shops in London are not as good as they used to be. I used to be a bit of a whore and get some TM Lewin - they have a never-ending sale - but they are not as good as they used to be.

These are good - but 50 pounds a pop, down from 80

http://www.hilditchandkey.co.uk/shop...6/93/index.htm

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Jun 9th 2009 at 11:43 am.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 11:48 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
In Melbourne, to get good business dress, as a starter, I need to go to David Jones and pick. Spend at least 70 dollars, maybe more, for a shirt. Myer don't cut it at all with their standard ranges - they carry one or two lines but you pay in excess of 100 dollars per shirt.

Or a boutique shop in the CBD or down Toorak Road.

There's a few shops on Collins Street at the Paris End.

Many of the good shops in London are not as good as they used to be. I used to be a bit of a whore and get some TM Lewin - they have a never-ending sale - but they are not as good as they used to be.

These are good - but 50 pounds a pop, down from 80

http://www.hilditchandkey.co.uk/shop...6/93/index.htm
Yeah, TM Lewin fall to bits in 5 mins.

Roger David? Better off finding the factory outlets where you can get some really good stuff for a third of the price including English suit brands like Ted Baker etc.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 4:20 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
U think Argos is ridiculous?! LOL How so? I find it very handy personally, does that make me a 'pikey' as my so lovely English OH calls it lol
He calls you a pikey slap him LOL ,no argos I found this site though they do some great offers http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/
Old Jun 9th 2009, 4:26 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Baby75
He calls you a pikey slap him LOL ,no argos I found this site though they do some great offers http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/
It's his English 'humour' apparently, didn't realise the English came with a sense of humour built in, thought us Irish had to teach them! HA
Old Jun 9th 2009, 6:09 pm
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

Im still laughing at the poster that said Lacoste trainees were cool!
Im old school though,forest hills,trim trab and Stan Smith adorned my feet with pride in the early/mid 80s!
Old Jun 10th 2009, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Sunbound
Not used it in a while but brief glances at the baby milks... i dont think they do . I used the organic stuff in the Uk ...organic hasnt quite kicked in fully here in the supermarkets so i know i would miss that.
I'm sure someone can recommend an equivalent

Thanks for your reply my son is 11month so im hoping to cut it down before we come over but he may still be on 1/2 cow&gate bottles a day x