Western Australia Ambulance Service/SJAA

Old Mar 2nd 2012, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

rascal13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Western Australia Ambulance Service/SJAA

Originally Posted by Zuluman7
Congratulation Kateve and rascal13
Cheers mate!!

Good to see there are a few of us heading out on or around the same time. I get there 27th march. Think a meet up is in order! Beer anyone?

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 7th 2012 at 9:12 am. Reason: fixing quotes so they are correctly attributed
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 4:16 pm
Perth WA

Twinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud of

Can anyone tell me what the failure rate of the induction course is and how many people have been binned and sent back to the UK ? Also, is there any difference on the induction course between paramedics and AO2 - you can PM me if you'd prefer rather than put it on an open forum.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

normanstanleyfletcher is an unknown quantity at this point

hey everyone - recently had the thumbs up and opted for the July intake.
Phew.....its been a long slog but I'm sure its all been worth it. Flights blah blah booked to arrive 12 days before Day 1 - but still a little apprehensive about where to stay initially etc so any diamond tips from anyone that expands on what's already mentioned previously in thread will be welcome. Decided that rest of family best to follow a month or so later when i will hopefully know a bit more about where to rent etc.

Also - how soon do you reckon one might need to be getting a car?

Can't wait to meet a few of you - exciting times!

NSF
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Kateve is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks Big Daisy, it might be that your VC was originally later than mine and mines was cancelled then resheduled?? they might still have our files in that order, I'm sure you'll hear on Monday,
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Zuluman7
Congratulation Kateve and rascal13

Hater I will be there in April I arrive the 25th March. Hope things have been going well with yourself.
cheers Zuluman

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 7th 2012 at 9:14 am. Reason: fixing quotes so they are correctly attributed
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Faith1
Hi congratulations! I'm on the July intake! We opted for that one hoping our house will sell been on Market since nov.
congrats Faith1 see you over there then, I was told 29th July just looked and thats a Sunday? will that be right?

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 7th 2012 at 9:14 am. Reason: fixing quotes so they are correctly attributed
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Faith1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Twinsdad
Can anyone tell me what the failure rate of the induction course is and how many people have been binned and sent back to the UK ? Also, is there any difference on the induction course between paramedics and AO2 - you can PM me if you'd prefer rather than put it on an open forum.
You got me worried now can they fail you and with draw your offer??? I'm kinda hoping if they do they will give you an ambulance officer job instead of an ap1. Has anyone who's on an earlier course than July got pre reading material???
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Faith1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kateve
congrats Faith1 see you over there then, I was told 29th July just looked and thats a Sunday? will that be right? ]
Yeh I've been told 29th never thought to look on the calendar. Mmmm interesting. I need to email them re some question in the contract pack that I have received I'll ask.

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 7th 2012 at 9:15 am. Reason: fixing quotes so they are correctly attributed
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 11:24 am
Perth WA

Twinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud of

You got me worried now can they fail you and with draw your offer??? I'm kinda hoping if they do they will give you an ambulance officer job instead of an ap1. Has anyone who's on an earlier course than July got pre reading material???
Sorry didn't mean to worry you. I had an email from someone over there now that has put me on my toes a bit - Yes you do get sent reading materials, the skills manual and clinical practice guidelines.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 11:32 am
Perth WA

Originally Posted by hater
Hey,
as I lost the overview who is coming in april, would everybody from the april intake please write me a PM? I have a few important infos for you....
(Beside Twinsdad, you get a mail directly).

regards,
Phil
Mate - good luck Keep us updated........
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kateve
[congrats Faith1 see you over there then, I was told 29th July just looked and thats a Sunday? will that be right? ]
maybe they having a meet and greet on the sunday first.
Good luck to everyone who is on course and due to start. I did the QAS thing a while back.You will all have your ups and downs but stick with it as long as you can, like I didnt. there will be things done differently and not how you like or used to but some things will be better. you have to be open to change and not keep going on about how things were done differently in the UK. The Aussies dont like that.
How do yo all feel about going on a 457 visa? Do you have to take out private medical cover? Dont think I would have been brave enough to go on that visa due to added expense and risk of having to leave at 28 days notice.

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 7th 2012 at 9:16 am. Reason: fixing quotes so they are correctly attributed
Old Mar 5th 2012, 7:24 am
Just Joined

Goodbye uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Lots of happy people on here this week :-)

Congratulations to all of you heading over in the next couple of months.

To Anyone going through the application process, be patient as things can become a little slow at times but as a few have shown recently, things can move very quickly once the ball starts rolling.

Ive got my initial tel interview in a couple of days and have to admit Im getting slightly nervous now ( way out of character for me ) but looking forward to hopefully getting through each stage as it comes.

Better nervous than cocky I suppose.

Finally, to all of you who are going over soon, please do keep in touch with those of us still bitting our nails at this end.

Any updates of your highs and lows with the move would be much appreciated.

See you on the other side
Old Mar 5th 2012, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Yeh I've been told 29th never thought to look on the calendar. Mmmm interesting. I need to email them re some question in the contract pack that I have received I'll ask.
its when the 8 week rota changes on a Sunday that's why, I have a friend in Perth who has a friend that's a paramedic and she has been e-mailing me a couple of bits of information.

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 7th 2012 at 9:17 am.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by misbookie
Hi Everybody,
I've read all the way through this thread and it is great. The information is really helpful. I submitted my application on the 13th of December, but have not received any acknowledgement or anything? Does this usually take a while? I know that there was the Christmas break so I'm hoping that has something to do with it. From the sounds of it, it is taking a very long time to go through the process, which I am glad of in one respect so that I can get ready for the fitness test but also I would love things to get started, like most of you we're stuck in limbo at the moment!
Hi Misbookie any news yet you any further forward ? hope all is going well

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 7th 2012 at 9:18 am. Reason: fixing quotes so they are correctly attributed
Old Mar 5th 2012, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GoForYourLife
Hi Guys

I've read the thread from the beginning and its so great to see people getting through the process after a long wait. You must all be so chuffed!

I have submitted my application and am waiting for a reply. I am already studying my JRCALC!

If anybody could please give me tips on what to expect in the interview and what to prepare, i'd really appreciate it. Interviews are not my favourite thing, though i guess most would agree!

I'll keep checking the thread to see how everybody is doing!

Thanks a lot!!!

Good luck!
Hi GFYL hows it all going any news, hope its all going well

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 7th 2012 at 9:18 am. Reason: fixing quotes so they are correctly attributed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.