Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Western Australia Ambulance Service/SJAA

Western Australia Ambulance Service/SJAA

Old Jan 30th 2012, 6:32 pm
Perth WA

Twinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud of
Default Re: Western Australia Ambulance Service/SJAA

Originally Posted by Kateve
when you going over twinsdad? Alora Drive looks good too
Looking at flying over 26th march, move in to the house 11th april, that's when the owners fly back to the uk. Can't wait
Old Jan 30th 2012, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

rascal13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zuluman7
Visa granted
Hi zuluman, good to see that you got your visa. I am just going to start the paper work. How long did yours take?
Old Jan 31st 2012, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Kateve is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Twinsdad
Looking at flying over 26th march, move in to the house 11th april, that's when the owners fly back to the uk. Can't wait
perfect good luck with it all,
Old Jan 31st 2012, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Zuluman7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rascal13
Hi zuluman, good to see that you got your visa. I am just going to start the paper work. How long did yours take?
Hi rascal13 it took about 2 weeks and 3 days I think it could have been quicker but I delayed my medicals. good luck
Old Jan 31st 2012, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Zuluman7
Hi rascal13 it took about 2 weeks and 3 days I think it could have been quicker but I delayed my medicals. good luck
Cheers zuluman, that seems quiet quick. Thought it might take longer, not sure if i should wait to buy my flights till i get the thumbs up from the visa.

Has anyone had any really good deals on flights, quantas seem to be good. I flew with air Asia long haul recently, think its worth spending the little extra to get the bells and whistles.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Medical and Physical booked for Wed 8th Feb, in Glasgow, hope its not too taxing
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 4:11 am
Account Closed

hater is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers zuluman, that seems quiet quick. Thought it might take longer, not sure if i should wait to buy my flights till i get the thumbs up from the visa.
DO NOT! I repeat DO NOT! book flights before the visa is granted.
Visa Grant times vary a lot...And there are heaps of people who had to start one or two courses later as there visa didn't get thru on time.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Does anyone know if the pension scheme with SJAA is 100% inflation proof same as our UK Superannuation? and can you transfer any UK pensions into theirs once employed and over there?
Old Feb 4th 2012, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hater
DO NOT! I repeat DO NOT! book flights before the visa is granted.
Visa Grant times vary a lot...And there are heaps of people who had to start one or two courses later as there visa didn't get thru on time.
Cheers hater, good advise. I'll just have to take me chances with the late flights deals. Seems strange as they sent me all the visa stuff over, but no mention of a medical. Think i'll give them a ring on monday. scott
Old Feb 4th 2012, 10:59 am
Just Joined

Medical and Physical booked for Wed 8th Feb, in Glasgow, hope its not too taxing
Medical is simple BP, HR, reflex test with urine sample (which I think was just BM). Then the physical was a little more in depth, but if you have a reasonable level of fitness you will be fine. I did mine in NZ, so it may vary,

30 secs of press up (max 20)
Flexibility test
Squats with a small amount of weight
One leg squats to test you bio mechanics

And step HR test

These are the ones I remember , there may be a few more. They are not looking for super fit people, I didn't complete the full HR test but still got in.Good luck with it! Scott
Old Feb 4th 2012, 1:07 pm
Account Closed

hater is an unknown quantity at this point

@Rascal:
You can only do the visa-medical when you have recieved your number....Which is generated when the agent loged your visa...
BUT: As the visa won't be granted without one and the doctors for the visa sometimes have a waiting list....It might be wise to get an appointment before you lodge the visa..Not all doctors give you one without the number...But it worth a try...I recieved my "number" on the day of the medical

And BTW: Consider the european "flight-searches" as well...A british friend of mine just booked a bargain-flight to HKG...As the pound is standing much better than the euro....

Last edited by hater; Feb 4th 2012 at 1:56 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Medical is simple BP, HR, reflex test with urine sample (which I think was just BM). Then the physical was a little more in depth, but if you have a reasonable level of fitness you will be fine. I did mine in NZ, so it may vary,

30 secs of press up (max 20)
Flexibility test
Squats with a small amount of weight
One leg squats to test you bio mechanics

And step HR test

These are the ones I remember , there may be a few more. They are not looking for super fit people, I didn't complete the full HR test but still got in.Good luck with it! Scott
thanks very much I had a medical in July for my visa and all was ok, I also go to fitness classes a few times a week so fingers crossed it'll be ok
Old Feb 6th 2012, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

bigdaisy is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks very much I had a medical in July for my visa and all was ok, I also go to fitness classes a few times a week so fingers crossed it'll be ok
hi kateve,
just finished the fitness test at ross hall, pretty much as rascal said, squats, one legged squats, press ups, flexibilty tests, and step test. Hardest bit of it was the heat in the room! But will hopefully need to get used to that.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by misbookie
Thanks for that Kateve, i was thinking that I should have received something. I'll give them an email and hope that I get a reply. Good luck with your interview....exciting times!!
Hi Misbookie have you heard any news yet?
Old Feb 7th 2012, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bigdaisy
hi kateve,
just finished the fitness test at ross hall, pretty much as rascal said, squats, one legged squats, press ups, flexibilty tests, and step test. Hardest bit of it was the heat in the room! But will hopefully need to get used to that.
Oh that sounds pretty good then, yeh I'm there tomorrow so fingers crossed, they contacted me today asking for availability for my video conference, so its all happening now eh! good luck with it all and hopefully meet up with you sometime soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.