Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wanted Down Under starts again...

Wanted Down Under starts again...

Old Jan 28th 2011, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Wanted Down Under starts again...

Originally Posted by EmilyA
At least the presenter actually turned up to meet the family for real today! Thought it was interesting to see the second visit and a family who seemed to be doing well.
I do find it amazing how many children and young people we have seen in this series who don't seem to be able to tear themselves away from their friends, though. Whatever happened to having a spirit of adventure?
Yeah I enjoyed today's show! Nikky Chapman was forced to vary her script and actually had to engage face to face with people - bet that was a shock to her system!
Interesting to follow the couple's journey from arrival in Oz a couple of years ago to now when they seem quite settled, having bought their own home and a new baby on the scene.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mazza12
Yeah I enjoyed today's show! Nikky Chapman was forced to vary her script and actually had to engage face to face with people - bet that was a shock to her system!
Interesting to follow the couple's journey from arrival in Oz a couple of years ago to now when they seem quite settled, having bought their own home and a new baby on the scene.
Hi there - agree with you! Todays programme was great! really enjoyed it. Made a change from the usual predictable wooden clap-trap!
Old Jan 29th 2011, 12:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Nikki Chapman? Isn't she that woman who was involved in UK Idol or something years ago? I thought she was a record producer or something, what's she doing presenting a (non) reality show?
Old Jan 29th 2011, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

Davesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to all

Am I right in thinking they've steered clear of Perth so far ..?
Old Jan 29th 2011, 8:13 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsE
Hi there - agree with you! Todays programme was great! really enjoyed it. Made a change from the usual predictable wooden clap-trap!
Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Nikki Chapman? Isn't she that woman who was involved in UK Idol or something years ago? I thought she was a record producer or something, what's she doing presenting a (non) reality show?
Originally Posted by Davesax
Am I right in thinking they've steered clear of Perth so far ..?
Yes - I agree
Yes - needs the work?
Yes - not sure why
Old Jan 29th 2011, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

EmilyA is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the last series was mostly Perth and Darwin and this time it seems to be Adelaide and Melbourne.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

mattbenecci is a name known to allmattbenecci is a name known to allmattbenecci is a name known to allmattbenecci is a name known to allmattbenecci is a name known to allmattbenecci is a name known to allmattbenecci is a name known to allmattbenecci is a name known to allmattbenecci is a name known to allmattbenecci is a name known to allmattbenecci is a name known to all

Originally Posted by EmilyA
I think the last series was mostly Perth and Darwin and this time it seems to be Adelaide and Melbourne.
Its Brisbane as well. but all episodes have had to be rescheduled for the 2nd week in feb due to the floods. There are 3 more Brisbane shows to go.

Simon
Old Jan 29th 2011, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Currently in Redmond, Washington, returning to Sydney 2013!!
SamG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mattbenecci
Its Brisbane as well. but all episodes have had to be rescheduled for the 2nd week in feb due to the floods. There are 3 more Brisbane shows to go.

Simon
Also nothing in Sydney - possibly deemed unaffordable with the UK's housing market/exchange rate double whammy??
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 12:20 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedT
At least Phil has a clue what he's talking about, and a proper budget, and he's realistic with the couples on the programme.

As soon as one person says 'ooh, the bathroom is a bit small' Nicki is on there in her mock shock voice going 'oh dee-ah, the whole move could be in jeopardy'...wtf?

Although of course I've told my husband that if we look at even one flat with a small bathroom I'm coming straight home to live with my mum...

Tx
Here's one Phil did on Canberra recently:

Old Feb 5th 2011, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

mattbenecci is a name known to allmattbenecci is a name known to allmattbenecci is a name known to allmattbenecci is a name known to allmattbenecci is a name known to allmattbenecci is a name known to allmattbenecci is a name known to allmattbenecci is a name known to allmattbenecci is a name known to allmattbenecci is a name known to allmattbenecci is a name known to all

Hi

Just to let all know that of the remaining five episodes due to be shown next week, the three Brisbane ones - including ours - have been postponed for the third time.This time due to Cyclone Yasi flattening parts of Qland. The Beeb said that it was too sensitive an issue in the wake of the floods last month.

No date for the episodes have been given, am now wondering if it was all a waste of time.

Was it all a dream...........

Simon x
Old Feb 5th 2011, 7:18 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattbenecci
Hi

Just to let all know that of the remaining five episodes due to be shown next week, the three Brisbane ones - including ours - have been postponed for the third time.This time due to Cyclone Yasi flattening parts of Qland. The Beeb said that it was too sensitive an issue in the wake of the floods last month.

No date for the episodes have been given, am now wondering if it was all a waste of time.

Was it all a dream...........

Simon x
They will show them eventually. I can understand why they want to postpone them though.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know when this series ends? We're off on holiday (yes, to Australia) next week and need to know how much space to find on the Sky+.....
Old Feb 16th 2011, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

The answer appears to be this Friday (18th February) given that something else is on at 9.15am on BBC1 on Monday.

And Phil's last episode appears to be next Friday (25th February) as far as I can see.

Which is a great relief, 'cos I think WDU is pretty dreadful (yet I can't tear myself away, just in case something interesting happens.... daft, isn't it!!).
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:21 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louie
We're off on holiday (yes, to Australia) next week and need to know how much space to find on the Sky+.....
Enjoy the flight louie!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bcworld
Enjoy the flight louie!
First time I've ever looked forward to a flight - and all thanks to you, Mr World

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.