Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wanted Down Under starts again...

Wanted Down Under starts again...

Old Dec 30th 2010, 7:15 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wanted Down Under starts again...

on Monday at 9am (I think) on BBC1. God how I love to watch this show, moan about it then look forward to the next days episode! I torment my poor husband by making him watch it too. He gets really wound up at the obvious choosing of families where some want to move and some don't and all the life changing decisions they have to make in a 45 min show

Bring it on

Tx
Old Dec 30th 2010, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of
Default Re: Wanted Down Under starts again...

Originally Posted by RedT
on Monday at 9am (I think) on BBC1. God how I love to watch this show, moan about it then look forward to the next days episode! I torment my poor husband by making him watch it too. He gets really wound up at the obvious choosing of families where some want to move and some don't and all the life changing decisions they have to make in a 45 min show

Bring it on

Tx
Sooperb! We saw that advertised this morning - yippee! We love watching and sit moaning about it too!
Old Dec 30th 2010, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

Bring it on

Tx

Just noticed your timeline! When are you Oz-bound? (or not??)
Old Dec 31st 2010, 3:12 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

We leave on July 25th! We have a four night stopover in Singapore then it's on to our new lices in Sydney..can't wait!
Old Dec 31st 2010, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

We leave on July 25th! We have a four night stopover in Singapore then it's on to our new lices in Sydney..can't wait!
How exciting!!!! Congratulations!
Old Dec 31st 2010, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Satch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to all

Thanks for letting us know. I just had my wife set it up to record on Sky.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 9:40 pm
not sure...

Course I meant new LIVES in Sydney, not new LICES haha!! That would be gross...it's NYE, I've been pished since breakfast
Old Jan 1st 2011, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

I sat & watched a couple of old Perth episodes the other evening. Last time I saw them was just before we left the UK so thought it would be interesting to see how much I recognised now we've been here a few months.

Not sure I'll be watching anymore for a while as I couldn't stop crying when they showed the guilt trip dvd's to the families. Use to bring me to tears in the UK knowing we'd be in that position with friends & family soon but even worse now they are all hundreds of miles away

No doubt hubby will download them though for viewing at a later date.

Alison x
Old Jan 1st 2011, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

rozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud of

We are over here in Sydney, where can we watch it? Is it on Foxtel or can I look for it online somewhere. I am a "sticky beak" and love my car crash TV.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 4:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rozellem
We are over here in Sydney, where can we watch it? Is it on Foxtel or can I look for it online somewhere. I am a "sticky beak" and love my car crash TV.

Ive only watched it in the UK, love how it always comes on in january when everyone has the dooms, and up springs OZ on the telly with its half price everything and constant sunshine Ahum..
Old Jan 1st 2011, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Originally Posted by rozellem
BBC iPlayer, need a vpn though as BBC won't let you watch outside uk.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Davesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to all

Great - more unrealistic drivel about couples who are ' in the process ' of getting visas or don't stand a chance of getting one and just fancied a free trip to the sun, looking round a few houses they won't buy and with the current exchange rate can't afford. . . then the programme ends and you're left thinking ' so what happened then - did they go? .."

Very watchable all the same
Old Jan 1st 2011, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Davesax
Great - more unrealistic drivel about couples who are ' in the process ' of getting visas or don't stand a chance of getting one and just fancied a free trip to the sun, looking round a few houses they won't buy and with the current exchange rate can't afford. . . then the programme ends and you're left thinking ' so what happened then - did they go? .."

That's probably why they've also done Wanted Down Under Revisited so you can find out whether some of the couples made the move or not

Alison x
Old Jan 1st 2011, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Davesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to all

Originally Posted by al150n
That's probably why they've also done Wanted Down Under Revisited so you can find out whether some of the couples made the move or not

Alison x
Yes - more rivetting entertainment. What's the percentage that actually move..i'd like to know 5 - 10 ?
Old Jan 1st 2011, 7:26 pm
not sure...

Originally Posted by Davesax

Yep, that's why it's so entertaining! It's also perfect for playing Bullshit Bingo to. Get yerself a glass of wine and notebook and pen and note down every time whatsherface says:

This house is something to aspire to

It's just slightly over their budget..by $200,000....

This puts their plans in REAL danger

This assumes of course you're watching it on Sky+ after work. Although if you want to drink wine at 9am knock yourself out...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.