Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Van Nguyen Execution

Van Nguyen Execution

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 4:28 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Van Nguyen Execution

Originally Posted by Des
unfortunately the death penalty has has not really helped reducing crime in most countries with capital punishment. despite that longlive the death penalty and i will vote for it anytime anyday.

may the mans soul rest in peace
Good onya Des. Your argument makes completes sense.

So it doesn't deter but you'd vote for it. So that makes you a blood thirsty imbecile right?
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 4:43 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are just a joke. Anyone who suggests that there is some merit in trying to control the uncontrollable by sanctioning the absolutely harshest penalty gets met with personal attack suggesting they are bloodthirsty etc.

Usually when a debate degenerates to the point of personal insults it gets aborted.

I doubt that many people on here are ardently saying that they are bloodthirsty they are saying that each country has its own laws and rights to those laws and if you contravene them then you should expect to suffer them. There was another aussie executed a short while back - maybe 2 or 3 yrs - but didnt warrant this level of pure BS .

English people working in Saudi knew they cant drink - have a drink and get publicly flogged - fair enough everyone knew. Just like eveyone in Australia knows that taking drugs into Asia will get you at LEAST 20 yrs in jail and at worst the death penalty.

You'd have to be really really really stupid to smuggle drugs into Asia - guess we just found one, and 9 more to boot.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice

Originally Posted by spalen
You'd have to be really really really stupid to smuggle drugs into Asia - guess we just found one, and 9 more to boot.
Young people tend to qualify. That's how they can convince them to leap out of trenches into withering machine gun fire.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 5:13 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Banksia
Young people tend to qualify. That's how they can convince them to leap out of trenches into withering machine gun fire.
What you mean in 1914... ? Er.. thats relevant
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice

What you mean in 1914... ? Er.. thats relevant
So 18 to 20 year olds in 2005 don't think they are bulletproof?

Got any or know any teenagers? They still volunteer to join armies to fight political wars. Iraq maybe?
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 5:21 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are just a joke. Anyone who suggests that there is some merit in trying to control the uncontrollable by sanctioning the absolutely harshest penalty gets met with personal attack suggesting they are bloodthirsty etc.

Usually when a debate degenerates to the point of personal insults it gets aborted.

I doubt that many people on here are ardently saying that they are bloodthirsty they are saying that each country has its own laws and rights to those laws and if you contravene them then you should expect to suffer them. There was another aussie executed a short while back - maybe 2 or 3 yrs - but didnt warrant this level of pure BS .

English people working in Saudi knew they cant drink - have a drink and get publicly flogged - fair enough everyone knew. Just like eveyone in Australia knows that taking drugs into Asia will get you at LEAST 20 yrs in jail and at worst the death penalty.

Just because no one can come up with a less barbaric penalty than death doesn't mean we have to all like the death penalty. What I'm trying to say badly is, killing someone is just plain wrong, regardless of the reason for doing it, a person could do the most horrific crime but no mater where in the world he is it would still be wrong to kill him. One day maybe mankind will come up with a better punishment that doesn’t resort to being as bad as the criminal. Until then I still say its wrong and I'm not your normal lily livered liberal, quite the opposite in fact.

As was mentioned earlier the death penalty is not a deterrent as proven by the fact the crimes are still being committed, the true deterrent is the thought of getting caught. If you could make sure you had a 100% crime cleanup rate then you would quickly stamp out all crime.

As a slight side issue, I had the misfortune of viewing one of Al zakawi’s beheadings on an internet download, where he did the dead to a helpless man with something that looked like a kitchen knife. Needless to say it was one of those things I really wish I hadn’t seen. My immediate thoughts were rage and wanting to nuke the whole of the middle east. But now even though I’ve witnessed that I still think it would be wrong for us to kill him. I’m not religious by any way but two wrongs don’t make a right.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 5:23 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty offended by that sentance Banksia and if you knew me you would realise that takes alot.
Are you trying to compare some tool who tried to make easy money smuggling drugs around the world and my great grandad who fought for king and country back in the day?

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all

I'll bet $10 his brother is dead within 12 months from an overdose.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 5:31 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are just a joke. Anyone who suggests that there is some merit in trying to control the uncontrollable by sanctioning the absolutely harshest penalty .
The caught the guy, just like they catch 1000's every year. Is catching them not some form of control ?
Once you have caught them and pat yourself on the back for saving the lives of countless thousands of other "scum" as some posters suggest, why go on to murder him ? Exactly what purpose does that serve towards humanity ?
Afterall, he wasnt going to forcing a single shot of heroin into anyones veins and there will ALWAYS be drugs no matter what babaristic laws a given country has.

The poster who said about the trenches isnt ar off either. Men and women fought for our freedoms. This world isnt a perfect one god knows but no matter what "scum" lives among us we should remember that its part of humanity and we learn to accept this because we understand that every living person has a basic right to life even when that person doesnt conform to socially acceptable standards, we shouldnt have the right to murder him.

Its one thing to have an belief in the death penalty, its babaric to continually post here with inhuman posts regarding it.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 5:38 am
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
I'm pretty offended by that sentance Banksia and if you knew me you would realise that takes alot.
Are you trying to compare some tool who tried to make easy money smuggling drugs around the world and my great grandad who fought for king and country back in the day?
I think you missed the point. my grandfather was in ww1 also

I believe what he was saying is that ALL young people think they are invinceable. At that age we dont really understand the full consequences.
I know I'll get flack for saying that but if you are older try to think back to your younger years... I dont know about you but when I think back I always say "bloody hell, we didnt give a damn back then at that age"
If I did half of what I did today of what I did when I was younger, I would be locked up myself probably.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
How on earth can I be accused of offending you personally, when I don't know you and I certainly don't know your great grandad. Did you know him? Did you discuss the question of male youthful exuberance with him? His role in the war? What he felt about his involvement?

My proposition is that young men do things and take risks they would not do or take when they are older and, usually, wiser. Can you deny that?

Your great grandad, like tens of thousands of others, was doing what their superiors told them to do; possibly at the threat of being shot. After years of slaughter, they began thinking for number one and started to mutiny. That helped bring the war to an end. The tendency for many (e.g. suicide bombers) to abandon their reason for that of their leaders is the cause of many of the world's ills.

Despite what you say, it sounds to me you are exceptionally predisposed to taking offence to make such an accusation.

I hope you know what they say about "patriotism." But it doesn't sound like it.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all

Mate, whats come over you ?
A while back I used to read your posts and think they were very funny, sarcastic and really entertaining.
Recently, you seem to have turned into some moralistic do-gooder who just rants and rants when someone doesn't share your views.
You haven't had a personaility transplant or found God have you ?
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 5:57 am
Banned

Originally Posted by eintracht
Mate, whats come over you ?
A while back I used to read your posts and think they were very funny, sarcastic and really entertaining.
Recently, you seem to have turned into some moralistic do-gooder who just rants and rants when someone doesn't share your views.
You haven't had a personaility transplant or found God have you ?
If you speak of me, I will tell you that I have strong views on killing someone for a crime. If this bothers you may I suggest you dont read this thread or if morality offends you, add my to your ignore list.

In saying that, the poster (and myself) have spoken about how things are for younger people, surely you can relate to this ?

Originally Posted by eintracht
28 years ago at the age of 13 I got done for shoplifting and 21 years ago while out on the piss at University I got done for criminal damage - had an arguement with a traffic bollard because it spilt my pint
so I decked the b*stard !!!! Unfortunately, a nice PC was walking by at the time !!
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:11 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Please enlighten me about patriotism Banksia as it seems you enjoy the sound of your own voice. Please make the post as long and boring as most of your others (I too can throw cheap insults around).

I fully believe this guy took the easy way out to get money and got caught and has to pay the penalty and should not be compared to people who fought during WW1.

How on earth can I be accused of offending you personally, when I don't know you and I certainly don't know your great grandad. Did you know him? Did you discuss the question of male youthful exuberance with him? His role in the war? What he felt about his involvement?

My proposition is that young men do things and take risks they would not do or take when they are older and, usually, wiser. Can you deny that?

Your great grandad, like tens of thousands of others, was doing what their superiors told them to do; possibly at the threat of being shot. After years of slaughter, they began thinking for number one and started to mutiny. That helped bring the war to an end. The tendency for many (e.g. suicide bombers) to abandon their reason for that of their leaders is the cause of many of the world's ills.

Despite what you say, it sounds to me you are exceptionally predisposed to taking offence to make such an accusation.

I hope you know what they say about "patriotism." But it doesn't sound like it.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:12 am
ah-beng

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
If you speak of me, I will tell you that I have strong views on killing someone for a crime. If this bothers you may I suggest you dont read this thread or if morality offends you, add my to your ignore list.

In saying that, the poster (and myself) have spoken about how things are for younger people, surely you can relate to this ?
You should change your nickname to Ned flanders.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.