Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Unemployment on the rise again.

Unemployment on the rise again.

Old Aug 13th 2011, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unemployment on the rise again.

Originally Posted by isgraham
How dare you post articles that show Australia to be anything other than perfect. Repeat after me 1000 times "Australia is the lucky country and house prices double every seven years".
Straw man alert http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
Old Aug 13th 2011, 8:09 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I considered sticking my head in the sand but then thought better of it. Aren't we the clever country now ? I can't keep up.

How dare you post articles that show Australia to be anything other than perfect. Repeat after me 1000 times "Australia is the lucky country and house prices double every seven years".
Old Aug 13th 2011, 10:24 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
Very good.

Another description could be scarecrow or even dummy.
Equally suitable.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

Originally Posted by northernbird
My Dad is lovely, he isn't big at all. He is a retired RAF/MOD employee who now spends most of his time on his 53ft canal boat. He wouldn't hurt a fly.
Ooh.. i'd love to try that lifestyle out..

I was down in Mandurah at the weekend.. and thought that it would be nice to live down on the canals down there..
Sadly the daily commute to Perth CBD would probably be the end of me..

now if i can combine one pie in the sky dream.. with FIFO ( another pie in the sky dream).. i can spend all my days in a dreamy existence..

oh well.. morning tea break over,, back to the reality of consultancy.. more chargeable time to be completed..
Old Aug 15th 2011, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

azakir is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by HelenTD
It's alright for some, though http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...arnings-table/. Perhaps more of you need to head west and liven up Perth.
Hi:

I got 176 wa visa this month. I am a corporate accountant from Bangladesh. I have 4.5 years of financial accounting experience. Can you tell me what to do after arrive in perth to get job as accountant? Do i have to do some courses to get job..... can you give me home hints regarding this?

One thing what month will be favorable for me to arrive in perth to get gob.

Last edited by azakir; Aug 15th 2011 at 5:36 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Here's another 1000 to add to the list

http://www.smh.com.au/national/indus...821-1j4sr.html
Old Aug 21st 2011, 11:28 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Very sad, especially with Gillard putting the boot in with the carbon tax.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 12:37 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is that Gillard and the Labour party don't want Australia to be a manufacturer in exactly the same way as we saw with the Labour Government in the UK.

''The next couple of weeks we are going to see huge numbers of jobs in the manufacturing sector go,'' he said.

''This is one of the worst periods Australian manufacturing has gone through since the Great Depression.''
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Its not just labour the libs ran the economy on housing manufacturing is a dirty word in the western world and has been for some time.

If we want to pay more for our things then manufacturing can survive, however people expound about how terrible things are, people losing jobs and then head down the road and try to get the cheapest deal they can. So we get the lifestyle that we bring about ourselves.

The new job losses in the steel industry will affect our community here very badly, its not just the loss of the steel mill its the contractors and businesses who give their service to the industry, i e the truckies who truck the steel every day.

Very sad state of affairs. Only Germany had the right idea, keep manufacturing but make it quality.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 1:29 am
Banned

The problem is that we dont produce much high quality high value stuff in this country, that is the reason manufacturing in the UK has stabilised and is actually looking reasonably healthy. They are producing high value items.
There is no way obviously that a high wage Western economy can compete with low wage Asian economies as far as everyday consumables, electronics etc.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 5:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I see your 1000 job losses and raise you 40pct of UK residents report reduced household income in August.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14608763

A race to the bottom, is one that the UK surely would be favourite to win.at present.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 5:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

A steel mill closed in the UK a few months ago.

Same ting.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 7:02 am
Banned

How on Earth has this got anything to do with the UK ?

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I see your 1000 job losses and raise you 40pct of UK residents report reduced household income in August.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14608763

A race to the bottom, is one that the UK surely would be favourite to win.at present.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 7:05 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
How on Earth has this got anything to do with the UK ?
It's a competition innit.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 7:24 am
Banned

Sorry, yes of course.

Originally Posted by bcworld
It's a competition innit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.