Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Time for a Sydney Meet???????

Time for a Sydney Meet???????

Old Jun 30th 2004, 5:18 am
Just Joined

dougp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pants
Sorry to barge in on this but where abouts are you moving to in Sydney Doug?

It's ok just don't often see people moving from Brissy to Sydney..well not that often plus If you want to buy a gorgeous house and a choice of 2 cars we have them for sale.....pleaseeeeeee !!!LOL....
Well, aiming for St Ives, but not intending to buy immediately. Given the ludicrous rates of stamp duty etc. we want to give ourselves time to make the right decision, so we're going to rent for 6 months or so while we look. Unless of course I can interest anyone in a swap for a fantastic house on the Gold Coast....

We originally planted ourselves up here mainly because of family in the area, but work prospects (IT) have not been good in Brisbane and we've had itchy feet for a while.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 6:30 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

We had a picnic for ourselves on the Central Quay Parkway before meeting up last time and probably will do this again (with hot soup this time) so no food for us two. But I do like to sit down to have some booze.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 7:12 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

I dont even know where it is yet.
i know all the info is at the start of the thread, i just havent worked out how im gonna get there.
Ive got an interview tomorow so im not too sure i will be able to make it. but ill let u know as soon as. As for eating, well i doubt it or the food will run out 10 mins after arriving.
i dont see too many OAPs turning up needing a seat tho
Old Jun 30th 2004, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Location: Ascot Berks(06.04) to Cronulla nr Sydney back to Ascot (04.05)
Rosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really nice

We're here and have got a house...signing the lease tomorrow -In Sylvania - is that too Stepford Wives? Help! it does seem quite idyllic We need a car - pants can you pm me with your details? Weve even been to the two Sylvania schools (primary) to check them out and now just got to get jobs......Count us in for the 25th (5)
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:35 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rosie n family
We're here and have got a house...signing the lease tomorrow -In Sylvania - is that too Stepford Wives? Help! it does seem quite idyllic We need a car - pants can you pm me with your details? Weve even been to the two Sylvania schools (primary) to check them out and now just got to get jobs......Count us in for the 25th (5)
we looked at a house where u are, loved the house, but it was too far to drive in the morning to randwick.
the whole area looks great. on our way back from house hunting one day. we stopped at a small garage selling ex gov cars.

THE SYDNEY CAR CO
6 PRINCES H'WAY
KOGARAH

its well worth a look. the guy who owns it will drive u mad, hes a wee bit over the top with the patter. but u can get a good deal out of him.
we checked every garage up and down that road and his was the best deal.
good luck with the new home
soapy
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:43 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rosie I have sent you a PM...

Cheers

P
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 2:31 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

I domn't know the place we have agreed upon so perhaps the same is true of others - hope this helps:

Train: the nearest station is Martin Place. Other stations close to the Royal Botanic Gardens are St James and Circular Quay.

Ferry: an easy walk from Circular Quay

Bus: the 441 (Balmain via QVB Building) leaves York Street, Town Hall on weekdays, stopping outside the Art Gallery of NSW. The Sydney Explorer Bus also includes the Royal Botanic Gardens on its route and the 200 (Chatswood to Bondi, stops in Macquarie Street).

Car: there is metered parking along Mrs Macquaries Road, Hospital Road and Macquarie Street. Undercover parking is available at the Domain Carpark, Sydney Hospital Carpark and other commercial carparks nearby.

Look forward to meeting you all (with your rolf harris badges) about 12.45 on Sunday 25th July
Old Jul 4th 2004, 5:56 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally posted by yafm
I domn't know the place we have agreed upon so perhaps the same is true of others - hope this helps:

Train: the nearest station is Martin Place. Other stations close to the Royal Botanic Gardens are St James and Circular Quay.

Ferry: an easy walk from Circular Quay

Bus: the 441 (Balmain via QVB Building) leaves York Street, Town Hall on weekdays, stopping outside the Art Gallery of NSW. The Sydney Explorer Bus also includes the Royal Botanic Gardens on its route and the 200 (Chatswood to Bondi, stops in Macquarie Street).

Car: there is metered parking along Mrs Macquaries Road, Hospital Road and Macquarie Street. Undercover parking is available at the Domain Carpark, Sydney Hospital Carpark and other commercial carparks nearby.

Look forward to meeting you all (with your rolf harris badges) about 12.45 on Sunday 25th July
well, if im off work, count me in. i wont find out till next monday though.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 6:09 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally posted by JulesandChris
Sorry, it was a suggestion last time that RH badges could be used to ID each other. I was disappointed not to see any.
I'm only joking, the badges are not compulsory or expected.
What happened last time, we all sat at different tables eyeing each other for giveaway 'Britishness' until someone had the courage to get up and ask 'Hey are you an expat?'
The alcohol may have helped here
why dont we all make badges of our Avatar
Old Jul 8th 2004, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Location: Ascot Berks(06.04) to Cronulla nr Sydney back to Ascot (04.05)
Rosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really nice

And we will be celebrating....hubby just got himself a job at the airport!!!! Phew
Old Jul 8th 2004, 9:31 am
Master of verbal pish©

And we will be celebrating....hubby just got himself a job at the airport!!!! Phew
so he might not make the meet, ill drink his beer then, tell him i said good luck
Old Jul 14th 2004, 11:02 pm
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Hello!

Have now arrived in Sydney, staying temporarily in Bondi Junction, trying to organise somewhere for us to live and a job for me. The Bloke is very busy establishing himself as a high flying executive (!!) over here, while I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that my friends etc are no longer round the corner and available for a quick cup of tea. So feeling a bit lonely....and looking forward to the 25th!

chels
Old Jul 14th 2004, 11:39 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by chels
Hello!

Have now arrived in Sydney, staying temporarily in Bondi Junction, trying to organise somewhere for us to live and a job for me. The Bloke is very busy establishing himself as a high flying executive (!!) over here, while I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that my friends etc are no longer round the corner and available for a quick cup of tea. So feeling a bit lonely....and looking forward to the 25th!

chels

You will soon meet peeps Chels..just takes a while to establish friendships...back home all your mates and you have a history now here you are starting out all over again. Be better once you are working but keep your chin up ok...I know the feeling !!!

Old Jul 15th 2004, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of

Originally posted by chels
Hello!

chels
Hi Chels, we have just arrived in Sydney too and don't know hardly anyone yet either. Hubby is also looking for a job right now!

We three will definitely be at the meet up and will be eating.

See you all soon!
Old Jul 16th 2004, 12:43 am
too busy to work members

Hi Chels and others Looks like we will have a full house - great - now instead of the usual 'pray for rain' keep our fingers crossed for warm and dry (just for the day)

:PARTY:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.