Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Televisions down under

Televisions down under

Old Apr 4th 2008, 5:18 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Televisions down under

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
we have 2 dishes, one is a master, one is a slave, running foxtel IQ in 2 locations.

I am told, the LNB on each dish can output, via f type connector to 4 separate signals, receivers.
Each Foxtel iQ requires 2 LNB's. I am guessing, but I suspect your dishes will be will each be fitted with dual LNBs - therefore one dish doing one iQ, one the other.
When I had iQ installed I asked guy to fit quad LNB to single dish for future proofing - he said no way they were very expensive and here and rare (comman as muck in UK where they are now installing octo's LNBs).

If this is the case you can't just split one of the feeds from the dish into a 3rd box if that what you're trying to do. It wont work and may damage equipment. Check your dishes - if one has a quad LNB then you can run caox from this to new box no problem. If not you have to get a proper redistibutor to properly split dual signal from single LNB.

Hope this helps - I know what I mean but m,aybe not explained very well.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

viksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant future

i know you might not be able to tell me unless you watch bollywood films or summit but...

what about like bollywood channels like zee tv and b4u, will they work on fox

Vik
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:42 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by viksta1000
i know you might not be able to tell me unless you watch bollywood films or summit but...

what about like bollywood channels like zee tv and b4u, will they work on fox

Vik
Sorry I cant answer but there was a thread recently about Indian and ethic TV on Foxtel. Try and search and Im sure answers will be in there for you
Old Apr 4th 2008, 9:39 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Very interested by an earlier "Panasonic LCD" quote. Never knew thay made them!
Panasonic Viera

Re : the lnb debate, and to reply to you. Told we have quad LNB on each dish.

So can we get a 3rd foxtel fitted as a 3rd slave? if that makes sense , thus bypassing need to pay extra off the Foxtel Corporation
Old Apr 6th 2008, 5:56 am
Devil's Advocate

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Panasonic Viera

Re : the lnb debate, and to reply to you. Told we have quad LNB on each dish.

So can we get a 3rd foxtel fitted as a 3rd slave? if that makes sense , thus bypassing need to pay extra off the Foxtel Corporation
Maybe. Technically yes, run the coax from one of the spare LNBs ports to the "new box". But this is where it gets tricky. In UK you could do this and recieve all the free to air channels without involving Mr Sky. Next step was to get a card from Sky, register it once and then you could a couple of the encrypted but still free channels without a subsritpion. Here I don't know whether they have the equivelant of Free satellite channels. There is another forum on the web here
http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showforum=71
that will have some more specifc info. I had a quick look and it looks like you can only get the terrestial free and you must use a Foxtel box. Good luck,
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:58 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Will check them out, I have used that forum before so will go have a looksy, thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Ste
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hutch
Now that MyStar has launched (the equivalent of Sky+ ... and yes, I know Foxtel IQ has been out for ages) ... you can get the missing 3 channels, complete with EPG.

But not in HD
Old Apr 6th 2008, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

cj321 will become famous soon enoughcj321 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by EvannTel
In UK you could do this and recieve all the free to air channels without involving Mr Sky. Next step was to get a card from Sky, register it once and then you could a couple of the encrypted but still free channels without a subsritpion. Here I don't know whether they have the equivelant of Free satellite channels.
There is no equivalent to the freesat channels here. Even BBC World and Sky News needs a paid subscription card. Unless you want to pay subscriptions for each box (card) there is no point in having satellite TV just put up with the free channels and get your TV from the internet (thebox etc.) I can see no reason to subscribe to Foxtel unless you are a sports fan and want UK soccer.