Tasmania??

Old Jul 28th 2007, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

shallwe shantwe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tasmania??

Originally Posted by busterboy
Interestingly my two favourite places in Australia so far are Denmark WA and Hobart, Tas.

I would find it difficult to choose.
Hi busterboy....choosing is...there must be more to do in Hobart though...where you in Denmark when any thing exciting was going
Old Jul 28th 2007, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

shallwe shantwe is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Teabag....Do you think Hobart has more to Offer than Perth then..
Old Jul 29th 2007, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Tracker is just really niceTracker is just really niceTracker is just really niceTracker is just really niceTracker is just really niceTracker is just really niceTracker is just really niceTracker is just really nice

Originally Posted by shallwe shantwe
H tea bag...what do you think of New Norfolk or Sorel... some nice places for sale in those areas...

Sorel is only 21k from Hobart. Nice place.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shallwe shantwe
HI Teabag....Do you think Hobart has more to Offer than Perth then..
Bloody Hell yeah!

Maybe not for shopping, but for quality family time with weekends away, bushwalking, camping, fishing, etc. no flies
Old Jul 30th 2007, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Teabag
Bloody Hell yeah!

Maybe not for shopping, but for quality family time with weekends away, bushwalking, camping, fishing, etc. no flies
Sounds fab

All the reasons we are moving to Tas , Please more about the 'flies' please

Cos if there are no flies that's my idea of paradise !! bugger all the spiders and snakes
Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jerzo
Sounds fab

Cos if there are no flies that's my idea of paradise !! bugger all the spiders and snakes
Haven't been here for Summer yet, but haven't seen any flies yet, people tell me that there are hardly any flies though, yippee!!! Venture out in W.A. and you constantly do the great aussie salute!
Old Jul 30th 2007, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds fab

Yep, got to agree with you on that one, as flies are a real pain!!
Tas is still our No 1 choice in Oz, I'm still boring everyone to death about our holiday in May/June, whatever they are talking about it, I'll direct it cleverly back to Tasmania

Sammy
Old Jul 30th 2007, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Yep, got to agree with you on that one, as flies are a real pain!!
Tas is still our No 1 choice in Oz, I'm still boring everyone to death about our holiday in May/June, whatever they are talking about it, I'll direct it cleverly back to Tasmania

Sammy
We have to be careful, we don't want too many people going there
Lets hope it's as good as it sounds ( if not im stuffed )

Have you got your visa ??
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Have you got your visa ??[/QUOTE]

God, no!!
No way near yet, OH has got long winded skills assessment as a pharmacist, still has to sit a poxy exam in Sept in London, which so far they have only had a 25% pass rate for! EEK.
Then we can finally apply for visa, at long last (well, thats if he has passed, otherwise he's being sent to live in garage as punishment).
We started everything back in Feb/March time and its really frustrating as we haven't even started on the visa yet but such is life, patience is a virtue and all that.
Where are you in the process and where are you thinking of heading to in Tas?
Sammy
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

All done and dusted , we got the golden tickets in May (well little stickers in passports ) and we are all ready to book and go as soon as the house sale is completed , which if it all goes ok this time should be 28 days from now!!

Can't Wait
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

All done and dusted , we got the golden tickets in May (well little stickers in passports ) and we are all ready to book and go as soon as the house sale is completed , which if it all goes ok this time should be 28 days from now!!

Can't Wait
OMG how exciting
Where are you headed, what line of work are you in, do you have kids, where are you stating initially?
That was a bit nosy, wasn't it? I can't believe we might be in the same postion one day, still so far off for us but I spend all my time thinking about it still.
Keeping fingers crossed for you house sale, stressful time, I imagine and good luck with everything
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

OMG how exciting
Where are you headed, what line of work are you in, do you have kids, where are you stating initially?
That was a bit nosy, wasn't it? I can't believe we might be in the same postion one day, still so far off for us but I spend all my time thinking about it still.
Keeping fingers crossed for you house sale, stressful time, I imagine and good luck with everything

Hi not nosy at all thats what this forum is all about!! We are going to Kingston initially to rent and suss out the surrounding areas to see where to buy, My OH is a Bricklayer so hopefully he'll find work easily I have 4 sons so it's a HUGE decision for all of us but we just want to do something different and make a big change, it's an awful thing being stuck in a rut and I just couldn't live in one place for the rest of my life .

Its good you know what you want to do as you can do loads of research before you start and pick the brains of BE members !!!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

How old are your children and what do they think to it all?
We have 2, aged 9 and 11, at the moment they think it is exciting but not real yet.
We are the same in wanting to try something diferent, we have moved around the UK alot and just feel there is so much more to see in the world and try out different things, I was 40 this year and I think that gave me the push, I didn't want to be in the same position in 10 years time, wishing I had tried something new.
Have you been to Oz or Tas before?
Sammy
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

How old are your children and what do they think to it all?
We have 2, aged 9 and 11, at the moment they think it is exciting but not real yet.
We are the same in wanting to try something diferent, we have moved around the UK alot and just feel there is so much more to see in the world and try out different things, I was 40 this year and I think that gave me the push, I didn't want to be in the same position in 10 years time, wishing I had tried something new.
Have you been to Oz or Tas before?
Sammy
My boys are 15,9,7 & 16 months! and we want a much more outdoorsy ( is that a word??) lifestyle for the family as a whole not just the boys and we are in our 30s now it feels like it's time to do it.
We haven't been but all my family have and they loved it so we are going to give it a really good go and we have to be prepared to get over the 1st year even if it's really hard . The boys are excited , thankfully

going to do some housework (Grrr!!)

Bye for now

Zoe
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:58 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Hi,
With what you have both been saying in the last couple of posts you will love Tasmania, Just like you said don't tell to many people.
There are lots of places for nice walks with lots of outdoor activaties.
And from what people I have spoken to have said it changes as the seasons change so you could do the same walk but it would look totally different.
Also with lots of cheap airlines about you can fly to Melbourne and have a day out there.
Tasmania seems to have lots of little events in the Summer, Even having two big race meetings in The Hobart Cup and The Launceston Cup.
There is also car and motorbike racing at Symmonds Plane. Lots of places to go camping and even places to go Skiing in the winter months.
Me and my wife are moving there at the end of November and are going to live with my wifes mum and her partner at first till we can find jobs and nice property or a block of land to build on.
Hope it all works out well for other people looking at moving to Tassie. And I hope it does not get spoilt.
Gary and Vikky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.