Tasmania??

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Tasmania??

Originally Posted by Bishop3912
Blackmans bay has two primary schools one private one state. Not sure about senior think you have to get bus to get to one. You could walk depending on where you were, but my god the hills here are something to be desired!!! Leg muscles or what!!!
Your 3 year old wont go to school (Kindergarden) till they reach the age of 5. 8 year old will be in primary as will 11 year old, I think your 12 year old will go into the equivilant of our first year of senior school, not sure though depends on their birthday date. Check on the discovery tasmania web site as it has a link to schools site where it tells you the cut off dates for their ages. Hope this help.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:28 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Your 3 year old wont go to school (Kindergarden) till they reach the age of 5. 8 year old will be in primary as will 11 year old, I think your 12 year old will go into the equivilant of our first year of senior school, not sure though depends on their birthday date. Check on the discovery tasmania web site as it has a link to schools site where it tells you the cut off dates for their ages. Hope this help.
Yeah my 12 year old is in the first year of the comp here, with my 11 year old starting there in Sept (if we stayed in UK).
My 3 year old has been in full time school since she was 3, last September, so it will be a shock to have her home with me in Tas
Beth x x
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Yeah my 12 year old is in the first year of the comp here, with my 11 year old starting there in Sept (if we stayed in UK).
My 3 year old has been in full time school since she was 3, last September, so it will be a shock to have her home with me in Tas
Beth x x
Tell me about it my 5 year old has been in school in Uk since he was 3, now he does 2 days a week and is bored badly!!!! Never mind we back in the UK next week as need to come back to UK (wont go into details) for a while so he will go back to school full time again.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:36 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Tell me about it my 5 year old has been in school in Uk since he was 3, now he does 2 days a week and is bored badly!!!! Never mind we back in the UK next week as need to come back to UK (wont go into details) for a while so he will go back to school full time again.
You're coming back to the UK!!!!!
Oh don't tell me Tas is that bad!!!! I'm totally depressed about staying in the UK and just want to leave it for Tas..........
Beth x x
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Beth

Check here for some details of schools in Tas:

http://www.education.tas.gov.au/school/parents

You can find listings for all the schools and most have websites, I found it quite time consuming looking at them as I don't know where we will end up but its a start.
My 11 year old has decided she likes the look of Taroona High School but I have tried to tell her that we may not live there!

Any news with the house?

We had an offer on Monday, £20k less the asking price but we would consider it but the next day the EAs told the couple have made a t least 3 o4 other offers on other houses, the wife does not even like our house and they are in a complicated chain, so I think we are well rid of buyers like that!
Have dropped the price now, having lots of viewings but no offers

Sam
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear you are back to the Uk again, you must feel like you are on a permanent roller coaster.

Hope everything sorts itself out for you

Sam
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:48 am
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi Beth

Check here for some details of schools in Tas:

http://www.education.tas.gov.au/school/parents

You can find listings for all the schools and most have websites, I found it quite time consuming looking at them as I don't know where we will end up but its a start.
My 11 year old has decided she likes the look of Taroona High School but I have tried to tell her that we may not live there!

Any news with the house?

We had an offer on Monday, £20k less the asking price but we would consider it but the next day the EAs told the couple have made a t least 3 o4 other offers on other houses, the wife does not even like our house and they are in a complicated chain, so I think we are well rid of buyers like that!
Have dropped the price now, having lots of viewings but no offers

Sam
Thanks for the link hun
Have to have a really good look into schools etc. and where to settle in Tas.
No news on our house :curse: but you sound like you are well rid of those buyers!!!!
We can't drop our price any more so we just have to wait for that buyer to come along!!!
Beth x x
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the link hun
Have to have a really good look into schools etc. and where to settle in Tas.
No news on our house :curse: but you sound like you are well rid of those buyers!!!!
We can't drop our price any more so we just have to wait for that buyer to come along!!!
Beth x x

Beth

Sorry to hear no buyer

Will you leave house with EA if you leave before you sell?
We need money from the sale to pay for flights, removals etc and start up once we are there, so we have to sell before we go.
I am so stressed at the moment, I keep crying, problem with our visa (or non visa) is not helping, at the weekend I was on cloud nine now I'm a nervous wreck

Sam
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:44 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Beth

Sorry to hear no buyer

Will you leave house with EA if you leave before you sell?
We need money from the sale to pay for flights, removals etc and start up once we are there, so we have to sell before we go.
I am so stressed at the moment, I keep crying, problem with our visa (or non visa) is not helping, at the weekend I was on cloud nine now I'm a nervous wreck

Sam
Haven't you had the grant email then? New Jersey said he just looked at the VEVO site and could see his visa had been granted, even though he hasn't had an email yet.
House selling is a killer at the mo..........we're thinking of validating in August if we still haven't sold by then.
I'm at rock bottom at the mo......
Beth x x
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Haven't you had the grant email then? New Jersey said he just looked at the VEVO site and could see his visa had been granted, even though he hasn't had an email yet.
House selling is a killer at the mo..........we're thinking of validating in August if we still haven't sold by then.
I'm at rock bottom at the mo......
Beth x x

Hi,
No, we haven't had an email so I phoned Adelaide on Monday night to be told there is no record on their system that we have been granted our visa. i told her what was on the VEVO sytem but she said that was not showing on their system! Said they would look into it for me but emphasised that we should not make any plans!
Couldn't wait any longer so phoned Australian Embassy, who have also said there is no record on their system and thought perhaps our file has been muddled up with another, and our application has not been granted at all
I really don't know whether to cry or scream

Sam
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:52 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Hi,
No, we haven't had an email so I phoned Adelaide on Monday night to be told there is no record on their system that we have been granted our visa. i told her what was on the VEVO sytem but she said that was not showing on their system! Said they would look into it for me but emphasised that we should not make any plans!
Couldn't wait any longer so phoned Australian Embassy, who have also said there is no record on their system and thought perhaps our file has been muddled up with another, and our application has not been granted at all
I really don't know whether to cry or scream

Sam
Oh never!!!!!!!
Think NJ has this to come too then!!!!!
Don't get too down hun..........maybe the system takes a while to send the info to their end. Fingers crossed it's all good for you babe.
Beth x x
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beth

In my moaning I forgot to ask what you will do about Andrew's job if you can't sell?
Selling the house is just the pits.

My hubby, Angus, has made a good job contact, and as soon as we know what is going on with the visa, he's going to contact them again. Might mean he would have to go out sooner and I'll stay here trying to sell the house.
We would have to take a large loan out to pay the mortgage which would make a further dent in our finances but if they were prepared to offer him work, it would be perfect for him.

So, we'll have to wait and see if they can sort our file out, it seems to have been doomed since the beginning when the system crashed on us!

Sam
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 1:05 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Beth

In my moaning I forgot to ask what you will do about Andrew's job if you can't sell?
Selling the house is just the pits.

My hubby, Angus, has made a good job contact, and as soon as we know what is going on with the visa, he's going to contact them again. Might mean he would have to go out sooner and I'll stay here trying to sell the house.
We would have to take a large loan out to pay the mortgage which would make a further dent in our finances but if they were prepared to offer him work, it would be perfect for him.

So, we'll have to wait and see if they can sort our file out, it seems to have been doomed since the beginning when the system crashed on us!

Sam
Andrew's job is still ok for a while longer......but how much longer I don't know
Andrew has already said he won't leave me and the girls for him to go out to Tas on his own while I stay to sell the house.......so options are now few and far between!!!
Stress levels are quite high at the mo.....plus the girls are off school until the middle of next week!!!!
Sometimes I feel it's just not meant to be
Beth x x
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Well Im gone for just one day and look what has happened

Sam.....Im so sorry about the Visa situation....how on earth they managed that

Bishops.....I hope you are all ok ?? You must be going through so much at the minute mentally&emotionally,Take Care & keep us posted xx

Beth...we felt exactly the same as you ...i'm sure your house will sell xxx Its just soooo stressful and it can't happen fast enough,especially when you want to get going with the next part of your life!

I haven't gone and read everything...house full of kids as i have my neice & nephew today so 6 kids running riot!!!

I hope all is ok with everyone else xxx
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 1:29 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by jerzo
Well Im gone for just one day and look what has happened

Sam.....Im so sorry about the Visa situation....how on earth they managed that

Bishops.....I hope you are all ok ?? You must be going through so much at the minute mentally&emotionally,Take Care & keep us posted xx

I haven't gone and read everything...house full of kids as i have my neice & nephew today so 6 kids running riot!!!

I hope all is ok with everyone else xxx
6 kids running around and heavily pregnant........you sound a right proper valley woman...LMAO
I've got my 4 in today and they're doing my head in now
Beth x x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.