Tasmania??

Old Sep 4th 2007, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all
Default Re: Tasmania??

ah yes I remember you telling us those plans. 2 hours from Launnie to Hobart
Old Sep 4th 2007, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

carina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Teabag
what's happening with all our soon to be Tasmanian's?
Hi Teabag

We had our medicals on 24th Aug, so hopefully we will hear soon !
Hoping to settle in or around Devonport area. Depending on where the jobs are ! Hows things going for you ?

Carina
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Hi all, Mr Travelbug here, just noticed my OH has booked our return flights to Perth to carry on with our reccie the day before Hobarts Beerfest. Gonna have words when she gets in from work later!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 4th 2007, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

Hi our house is going through at mo and we hope to be out mid-end Oct, all being well with the house. Keeping everying crossed and cant wait. Count us in if we are in Tas then. Can't wait to put faces to some tags!!
Old Sep 4th 2007, 9:43 pm

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Beerfest, sounds good but i won't be near Hobart.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Just had an email from The Beer Festival and it still looks like it is going ahead!!!!
So are we going to have a Tasmanian meet at the beer festival.

Also how about a meet up the week before Crimbo, Maybe in the middle then people from Launceston and Hobart can meet up??
Any Sugestions Ian and Hel??
Speak soon
Gary andVikky
halfway between hobart and launnie are one-horse towns like Campbelltown and Ross which are good for a half-hour coffee stop but you wouldn't want to spend much more time there....
Old Sep 4th 2007, 10:10 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
halfway between hobart and launnie are one-horse towns like Campbelltown and Ross which are good for a half-hour coffee stop but you wouldn't want to spend much more time there....
No probs Ian and Helen,
Where would you recomend???
Will maybe have to have a vote on Launnie or Hobart?? And see who could make which place???
Gary and Vikky
Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Munchmel will become famous soon enough

Hi all, we've just heard OH has got a job he applied for just outside Swansea! So we'll be heading over there from the sunshine coast at the end of October.

We just had a weeks reccie trip, and Swansea area was 1 1/2 hours from both Hobart or Launceston!! Apart from the lovely bakery...not sure where you could meet tho! Great views tho.....could all sit on the beach if you rug up. Bit worried about finding schools for our 4 kids tho, they seem to be a bit thin on the ground along the East coast. Any info.recommendations greatly received. (secondary mainly, swansea primary looks good!)

sorry to butt it!

Mel
Old Sep 7th 2007, 8:15 am
Just Joined

tvomp is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Teabag!
I have got a job of a GP in New Norfolk. I should be there by end of September or early October. Can I manage by renting a house in Glenorchy or nearby instead of New Norfolk. A have to be on after hour duty once a week.
TVOMP
Old Sep 7th 2007, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tvomp
Hi Teabag!
I have got a job of a GP in New Norfolk. I should be there by end of September or early October. Can I manage by renting a house in Glenorchy or nearby instead of New Norfolk. A have to be on after hour duty once a week.
TVOMP
glenorchy is easily commutable from new norfolk or vice versa, about 20 km along the highway, takes about 20 mins in the heavy Tas traffic!!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 9:41 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Munchmel
Hi all, we've just heard OH has got a job he applied for just outside Swansea! So we'll be heading over there from the sunshine coast at the end of October.
Hi, why are you moving from the sunshine coast if you don't mind me asking. Going to Tassy real soon my self.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

We only had tempory work on the Sunshine coast, and we've been here nearly 4 months now, so a good permanent opportunity has come up and we're going for it. The sunshine coast has been amazing, but more like a holiday for us. Tas was always where we were origionally going to settle, we're big foodies. LOVE all the local produce available, the slower pace of life, the climate, the wildlife, the bushwalks..... It really suits us better, and hopefully when we find somewhere to live, we can make some permanent roots. I'm a bit of a hermit too....so being rural has always suited me...lol
Where are you planing on heading?

Melx
Old Sep 7th 2007, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Munchmel
We only had tempory work on the Sunshine coast, and we've been here nearly 4 months now, so a good permanent opportunity has come up and we're going for it. The sunshine coast has been amazing, but more like a holiday for us. Tas was always where we were origionally going to settle, we're big foodies. LOVE all the local produce available, the slower pace of life, the climate, the wildlife, the bushwalks..... It really suits us better, and hopefully when we find somewhere to live, we can make some permanent roots. I'm a bit of a hermit too....so being rural has always suited me...lol
Where are you planing on heading?

Melx
what line of work is your OH in?
Old Sep 7th 2007, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

He's a chef.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Hi all

We hope to be in Tassie at the end of Oct at the very latest and we are thinking of settling south of Hobart (up to 1 hr away) cant wait , OH is a bricklayer so if any one knows of a specific place with loads of possible work for him let us know!! Thanks

Zo x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.