Sydney meet-up

Old Aug 13th 2006, 11:30 pm
Just Joined

Raiinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sydney meet-up

Hi,

I've been thinking about trying to organise a meet-up in Sydney, is anyone interested?

I've been in Sydney a few months but still don't know where would be a good place to go, so suggestions are welcome.

Rai
Old Aug 13th 2006, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney meet-up

Originally Posted by Raiinoz
Hi,

I've been thinking about trying to organise a meet-up in Sydney, is anyone interested?

I've been in Sydney a few months but still don't know where would be a good place to go, so suggestions are welcome.

Rai

Good on you Rai!

Usually there is a mix of singles, couples and kids who come to the meets so it needs to be somewhere which is suitable for everyone. Beaches with play areas are good or somewhere like Bicentennial park (very convenient for you!!!) is great as well. There is a great play area and lots of cycle tracks for the kids to use, as well as BBQ's for use by the public. People generally bring their own food, so I guess a cafe is not necessary, but toilets are!!!!

Anyway, I am sure others will have suggestions for you.

Take care

Rudi
x
Old Aug 13th 2006, 11:53 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raiinoz
Hi,

Rai
Well, I'm definitely up for a meet - My hamfisted attempts at meeting people could only be described as laughable at best.

I'm in Newtown at the moment, and there are some excellent restaurants and bars around here. Failing that, there's also some nice parks too. Let me know what you think.

S
Old Aug 14th 2006, 12:14 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rudi
Good on you Rai!

Usually there is a mix of singles, couples and kids who come to the meets so it needs to be somewhere which is suitable for everyone. Beaches with play areas are good or somewhere like Bicentennial park (very convenient for you!!!) is great as well. There is a great play area and lots of cycle tracks for the kids to use, as well as BBQ's for use by the public. People generally bring their own food, so I guess a cafe is not necessary, but toilets are!!!!

Anyway, I am sure others will have suggestions for you.

Take care

Rudi
x
i second this idea Rudi
we had a few meets at this park and found it a fantastic place to have a meet.
good luck guys
Old Aug 14th 2006, 12:25 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by soapy
i second this idea Rudi
we had a few meets at this park and found it a fantastic place to have a meet.
good luck guys
Thumbs up from the grand master of Sydney meets... we all miss you down here mate. Could you return one weekend and organise a meet? Or perhaps pass down your wisdom to an apprentice?
Old Aug 14th 2006, 2:25 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
Thumbs up from the grand master of Sydney meets... we all miss you down here mate. Could you return one weekend and organise a meet? Or perhaps pass down your wisdom to an apprentice?

Have you ever been to any of the meets?! I might be persuaded out of retirement if the company's right.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Have you ever been to any of the meets?! I might be persuaded out of retirement if the company's right.
I did a couple in my early days and made a good set of friends, but then time became an issue and we moved out of the city and and and basically I'm an antisocial bugger nowadays.
Chance of a night out sounds like a fantasy to me now.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 2:36 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

I did a couple in my early days and made a good set of friends, but then time became an issue and we moved out of the city and and and basically I'm an antisocial bugger nowadays.
Chance of a night out sounds like a fantasy to me now.

My little cup of sympathy doth runneth over. Or summat.

Anyhoo, I have to get to uni. Catch you later, tater.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 4:53 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

i just posted the date and everyone turned up lol
Old Aug 14th 2006, 4:54 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Geordie George
I might be persuaded out of retirement if the company's right.
oh is that right, what are u trying to say?
Old Aug 14th 2006, 5:01 am

modest, it was the "free beer here tomorrow" sign that did it
Old Aug 14th 2006, 5:03 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Thats cause everyone thought "Oh we better go to this meet & see what this idiot really looks like".

I know cause I did the Melbourne ones.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 5:05 am
Master of verbal pish©

modest, it was the "free beer here tomorrow" sign that did it
im sure i titled a thread like that once lol
Old Aug 14th 2006, 5:06 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Bordy
Thats cause everyone thought "Oh we better go to this meet & see what this idiot really looks like".

I know cause I did the Melbourne ones.
and they weren't disappointed
Old Aug 14th 2006, 8:04 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Good on you for starting this thread - I was only saying (last week i think) on our "any ladies free on Tuesdays" thread that it was about time we organised a weekend meet so that other halves can join in too!

So, it looks like a suitable venue has been mentioned . . . . . all we need now is a date . . . . . anyone!

B

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.