Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

In Sydney and like Indie music?

In Sydney and like Indie music?

Old Jul 22nd 2007, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough
Default Re: In Sydney and like Indie music?

I'm in Sydney between 26th of Sept and Oct 3rd and I wouldn't mind an Indie night one bit so let me know if ones on! Hopefully with some belle and sebastian!
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jamiefrod
I'm in Sydney between 26th of Sept and Oct 3rd and I wouldn't mind an Indie night one bit so let me know if ones on! Hopefully with some belle and sebastian!
I am sure we will be able to come up with something during the week you are in sunny sydney... and i am sure we can get them to play a bit os belle and sebastian but that may be early on in the night, it is not the most exciting music to dance to?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Ok so the next night out is planned... there is a British Indie music party happening this saturday 28th at the Abercrombie hotel on Broadway, opposite the university... it is Free Entry all night and the drinks are nice and cheap too. I will be there from 8pm...

here is the link to the flyer...

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...rforemanq4.gif

Hands up who is interested....
Old Jul 24th 2007, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

me and him will be there
Old Jul 24th 2007, 4:27 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by briwi
me and him will be there
Yeah, I'm in too. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Well, perhaps for the world. I could then pay people to put on another one.

S
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:14 am
Just Joined

Ju12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oooh... I might be tempted... have a party to go to but might come along after.. free entry, where's the harm??! See if I can rope boyf into coming. He loves the music just doesn't much dance. That's what happened when you grew up to Ride and Slowdive.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ju12
Oooh... I might be tempted... have a party to go to but might come along after.. free entry, where's the harm??! See if I can rope boyf into coming. He loves the music just doesn't much dance. That's what happened when you grew up to Ride and Slowdive.
excellent - the more the merrier... it will be going on until around 3am so plenty of time to join in... you never know, we may be able to get him dancing again once he is reminded of the good old days?
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:31 am
Just Joined

Ju12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Possibly depemnds on the amount of alcohol drunk....

Will listen out for the pommie accents - although given the flyer there might be a few of us!

jx
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ju12
Possibly depemnds on the amount of alcohol drunk....

Will listen out for the pommie accents - although given the flyer there might be a few of us!

jx
just go to the big, tall dj and ask for vicky... i will not be far away (probably dancing away somewhere...)
Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vix77
just go to the big, tall dj and ask for vicky... i will not be far away (probably dancing away somewhere...)
Well - the Britpop night was a success... you know you have had a good night when you wake up with unexplained bruises and weirdly brown stained hands? loved the 'last song of the night group hug' that seems to happen on dancefloors where you bond with fellow indie dancers...

there are no plans this weekend as I am off to Splendour in the Grass.. can't wait!

Anyone coming to the Editors at the Metro tonight?
Old Aug 11th 2007, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Right - lets get this thread back up and running...

The next indie night out will be at the Abercrombie on Broadway this Saturday 18th from 8pm - will be a night of classic indie tunes with a bit of new stuff thrown in...

see the link below for the flyer - looking like it is going to be a good night

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9...2eflyermp2.gif

who is up for it?
Old Aug 11th 2007, 6:26 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vix77
Right - lets get this thread back up and running...

The next indie night out will be at the Abercrombie on Broadway this Saturday 18th from 8pm - will be a night of classic indie tunes with a bit of new stuff thrown in...

see the link below for the flyer - looking like it is going to be a good night

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9...2eflyermp2.gif

who is up for it?
Yup, I'll be there. Particularly if he is going to plan America! F**k Yeah! to annoy any interloping septics like last time...

S
Old Aug 14th 2007, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

Bidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really nice

Can we come too?? I don't post a lot, I'm more of a lurker... Attempted the Bungalow 8 meet a few months ago and we were sloping around listening out for familiar accents but unfortunately didn't hear any... also asked some staff members who looked at us quite strangely...

Tina
Old Aug 14th 2007, 4:23 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Bidd
Can we come too?? I don't post a lot, I'm more of a lurker... Attempted the Bungalow 8 meet a few months ago and we were sloping around listening out for familiar accents but unfortunately didn't hear any... also asked some staff members who looked at us quite strangely...

Tina
Definitely! There are two nights this weekend - Classics at the Clare on Friday, and the Whinging Poms Britpop Night at the Abercrombie on Saturday.

At either, ask the big tall DJ with glasses (you really can't miss him) for either Nathan or Vicky, and he will point you in our direction!

That Bungalow 8 Meet was months ago! I hope you havn't been floating around friendless all that time!

S
Old Aug 14th 2007, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Definitely! There are two nights this weekend - Classics at the Clare on Friday, and the Whinging Poms Britpop Night at the Abercrombie on Saturday.

At either, ask the big tall DJ with glasses (you really can't miss him) for either Nathan or Vicky, and he will point you in our direction!

That Bungalow 8 Meet was months ago! I hope you havn't been floating around friendless all that time!

S
Saturday night at the Abercrombie will be the best night to come out if you have the choice between the friday and the saturday... will start earlier and last longer!

As Nathan said - look for the 6'7" dj with glasses and he will point you in the right direction...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.