Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

In Sydney and like Indie music?

In Sydney and like Indie music?

Old Jul 11th 2007, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all
Default In Sydney and like Indie music?

Hi,

If you are a fan of indie music and want to meet like-minded people to go to gigs, clubs and pubs that play all the classics along with all the new stuff but don't know where to go or have friends with good music taste to go with?

We organise fortnightly/weekly meet-ups to various indie pubs and clubs throughout Sydney CBD - the first one is this Saturday 14th at The Clare hotel for a night of classic British indie tunes - **Free Entry**- The Stone Roses, The Charlatans. Happy Mondays, Primal Scream, The Smiths, Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs, The Klaxons, Joy Division, The libertines, Blur, Oasis, Arctic Monkeys, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Fratelis etc etc

Interested? Reply to the thread and say hello.... .
Old Jul 11th 2007, 3:46 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In Sydney and like Indie music?

Originally Posted by vix77
Hi,

If you are a fan of indie music and want to meet like-minded people to go to gigs, clubs and pubs that play all the classics along with all the new stuff but don't know where to go or have friends with good music taste to go with?

We organise fortnightly/weekly meet-ups to various indie pubs and clubs throughout Sydney CBD - the first one is this Saturday 14th at The Clare hotel for a night of classic British indie tunes - **Free Entry**- The Stone Roses, The Charlatans. Happy Mondays, Primal Scream, The Smiths, Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs, The Klaxons, Joy Division, The libertines, Blur, Oasis, Arctic Monkeys, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Fratelis etc etc

Me, me, me, me, ME!!!!!!

S
Old Jul 11th 2007, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Now where were you guys when I lived there?
I used to go to gigs on my tod as no one I knew was interested.
Enjoy it
xxx
Old Jul 11th 2007, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Enjoy it
xxx
tell me about it... i really missed going to gigs and clubs when i first came over to sydney and thought there were bound to be people in the same situation..
Old Jul 11th 2007, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Me, me, me, me, ME!!!!!!

S
obviously you are included S - you still helping me with the flyers? should be a good night...
Old Jul 11th 2007, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

tell me about it... i really missed going to gigs and clubs when i first came over to sydney and thought there were bound to be people in the same situation..
I know. I used to feel like Billy no mates
Ironically, where I am now friends are into going but theres only a few gigs worth going to - gotta laugh
Good idea though getting people from here to play
Old Jul 11th 2007, 4:02 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy it
xxx
I agree too. very few of the people I have met here are interested in going to gigs and clubs. This is a real breath of fresh air!

Finally, I don't have to be in at 11pm on a weekend!

S
Old Jul 11th 2007, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

I know. I used to feel like Billy no mates
Ironically, where I am now friends are into going but theres only a few gigs worth going to - gotta laugh
Good idea though getting people from here to play
where are you now?

it is always the way - as soon as you are able to go places there is suddenly nothing worth going to see.. I came over from london where there were loads of really good gigs to go to every week and am finding it a bit slow in Sydney but i guess i just need to get used to australian music...
Old Jul 11th 2007, 4:09 am
has lost The Game

where are you now?

it is always the way - as soon as you are able to go places there is suddenly nothing worth going to see.. I came over from london where there were loads of really good gigs to go to every week and am finding it a bit slow in Sydney but i guess i just need to get used to australian music...
There are some excellent local bands to go and see in some of the smaller places.

Drum Media and brag need to become your friends.

S
Old Jul 11th 2007, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I agree too. very few of the people I have met here are interested in going to gigs and clubs. This is a real breath of fresh air!

Finally, I don't have to be in at 11pm on a weekend!

S

Do you know The Black Seeds - Kiwi band - brill to see.
Kind of mix of funk/reggae, really good horns section - studio 1 style. well worth checking out
I've just discovered The Coral (behind the times, bloody brill)

Vix - I spent a few years in Sydney, Jan/Feb seemed to have more gigs. We were spoilt in Uk with gigs, know what you mean about the slowness. How long've you been there.
I'm going to see Alabama 3 when home for the 1st time, cant wait
I'm up about 10 mins from Byron Bay - went to bluesfest this year - was good - like a mini mini festy, few good bands there though.
Getting used to Oz music - ha ha. The amount of people who used to tell me, caterogically that Cold Chisel were brill, a great Aus band. They're still shite mate, wherever their from.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Do you know The Black Seeds - Kiwi band - brill to see.
Kind of mix of funk/reggae, really good horns section - studio 1 style. well worth checking out
I've just discovered The Coral (behind the times, bloody brill)

Vix - I spent a few years in Sydney, Jan/Feb seemed to have more gigs. We were spoilt in Uk with gigs, know what you mean about the slowness. How long've you been there.
I'm going to see Alabama 3 when home for the 1st time, cant wait
I'm up about 10 mins from Byron Bay - went to bluesfest this year - was good - like a mini mini festy, few good bands there though.
Getting used to Oz music - ha ha. The amount of people who used to tell me, caterogically that Cold Chisel were brill, a great Aus band. They're still shite mate, wherever their from.
haven't heard of the black seeds but i will check them out...

been in sydney just over 2 months now and have managed to get to see the Cold War Kids (excellent US band) and The View (scottish) - i have a couple more lined up, The Editors and Maximo Park and am off to Spendour in the Grass up in Byron next month which I cant wait for... need to try to move away from the British bands but a lot of the aussie bands are not quite the same.. found 2 that i like so far... The Holidays and The Bungalows, I dont think either of them are signed yet so it is a good time to check them out if they ever head up near you...
Old Jul 11th 2007, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

haven't heard of the black seeds but i will check them out...

been in sydney just over 2 months now and have managed to get to see the Cold War Kids (excellent US band) and The View (scottish) - i have a couple more lined up, The Editors and Maximo Park and am off to Spendour in the Grass up in Byron next month which I cant wait for... need to try to move away from the British bands but a lot of the aussie bands are not quite the same.. found 2 that i like so far... The Holidays and The Bungalows, I dont think either of them are signed yet so it is a good time to check them out if they ever head up near you...
Good one, I'll check them out too.
Went to Splendour last year (bring wellies, often decides to bucket down that weekend in true festy style If you're still here, the Bluesfest every easter is good. Older crowd, lots of bands from all over, really friendly too
Enjoy it
Old Jul 11th 2007, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Good one, I'll check them out too.
Went to Splendour last year (bring wellies, often decides to bucket down that weekend in true festy style If you're still here, the Bluesfest every easter is good. Older crowd, lots of bands from all over, really friendly too
Enjoy it
thanks for the advice... it will be just like glastonbury!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

I notce you haven't mentioned that anyone joining you's ability to do forward rolls across a dancefloor may be tested!!!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:39 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by briwi
I notce you haven't mentioned that anyone joining you's ability to do forward rolls across a dancefloor may be tested!!!
Only if they receive permission from the door staff...

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.