Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

In Sydney and like Indie music?

In Sydney and like Indie music?

Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all
Default Re: In Sydney and like Indie music?

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Jimmy barnes was a member - not sure if it was a solo or with band but
last train out of Sydney is one thats usually accompanied by whole pubs of singing men in blue singlets.
Dont search it out though, ignorance is bliss in some cases
oh - i know that song... when i first moved over here i went to a bar where they played that and the place went mental... i was really worried in case that was the best it was going to get - almost jumped on the next plane home - its an awful song... not as bad as 'The Dragons - Rain' the lyrics are something to behold.... i recommend you listen to it sometime, it never fails to amuse me how bad music can get...
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:49 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by vix77
which goldfrapp cd you after? may have one in a folder i can email to you if my internet connection at home allows me.....
Not sure which album, but the one with Strict machine on would be good and oh la la la.
If you have it let me know and i will PM you my e-mail addy.

Cheers.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

oh - i know that song... when i first moved over here i went to a bar where they played that and the place went mental... i was really worried in case that was the best it was going to get - almost jumped on the next plane home - its an awful song... not as bad as 'The Dragons - Rain' the lyrics are something to behold.... i recommend you listen to it sometime, it never fails to amuse me how bad music can get...
I'll listen out for it, may even download it for a listen, spoil myself.
x
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Not sure which album, but the one with Strict machine on would be good and oh la la la.

Cheers.
i will check which one i have when i get home and let you know....
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

I'll listen out for it, may even download it for a listen, spoil myself.
x
i think i offended the australians in my office when it came on the radio - couldnt stop laughing...
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

i think i offended the australians in my office when it came on the radio - couldnt stop laughing...
lol.....thats funny
I gave up worrying about offending when it came to anything to do with CC.
Had a look on limewire for the rain number but not enough people want to share it
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

lol.....thats funny
I gave up worrying about offending when it came to anything to do with CC.
Had a look on limewire for the rain number but not enough people want to share it
how selfish of them to keep it to themselves... songs like that should be shared - just listen to vega radio station and it is bound to be on at least 3 times everyday, they also play the last train to sydney every day... thats the radio station that is on in my office - coming into work is just a hoot (!)
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:22 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

how selfish of them to keep it to themselves... songs like that should be shared - just listen to vega radio station and it is bound to be on at least 3 times everyday, they also play the last train to sydney every day... thats the radio station that is on in my office - coming into work is just a hoot (!)
Well, I've just checked my work music server, and no sighn of any Cold Chisel at all! Yay!

I did look them up in Wikipedia though - Looks to be some kind of 80s pub band? Is that right?

S
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Well, I've just checked my work music server, and no sighn of any Cold Chisel at all! Yay!

I did look them up in Wikipedia though - Looks to be some kind of 80s pub band? Is that right?

S
Yes that'll be them. They were HUGE here & worshipped by most sydney chaps who frequent pubs. Didnt know they were a pub band. Its considered sacrilege not to like them.
If they're playing one day when you're in a pub, the reaction to 'what is this terrible song' is very entertaining indeed, thoroughly recommended for a giggle
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm sure I'm very behind the times but I've only recently discovered The Coral - do you guys know them?
Brill, cant stop playing them
Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

I cant get radio vega up round these here parts, just tired, shame
Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:16 am
Just Joined

katbullock81 is an unknown quantity at this point

I LOVE Indie music!! All my fav types of bands named!! Have hardly had any decent nights out yet since arriving in dec!
Keep us posted when they are and hope to make a few nights out!!
I miss the English music scene and gigs!!!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by katbullock81
I LOVE Indie music!! All my fav types of bands named!! Have hardly had any decent nights out yet since arriving in dec!
Keep us posted when they are and hope to make a few nights out!!
I miss the English music scene and gigs!!!
you will love the music at the britpop night! keep an eye on the thread, we will be adding all the meet ups here... first mini one is this Friday at the Clare Hotel on Broadway but if you can't make that then the next big night out it next sat 28th at the Abercrombie... the more people that come along the merrier...
Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz

Cheers.
found the goldfrapp folder and it does have strict machine etc..but i am having trouble emailing it to myself so I can email it to you - i will not let technology defeat me...
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:27 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

found the goldfrapp folder and it does have strict machine etc..but i am having trouble emailing it to myself so I can email it to you - i will not let technology defeat me...
Thanks. It's ok if you can't do it, no probs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.