Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

In Sydney and like Indie music?

In Sydney and like Indie music?

Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice
Default Re: In Sydney and like Indie music?

So long as we don't call him sergei he'll be fine!!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by briwi
I notce you haven't mentioned that anyone joining you's ability to do forward rolls across a dancefloor may be tested!!!
that is only required if sabotage is played...
Old Jul 14th 2007, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough

OWWWWW why cant you all live in Perth!!!
Old Jul 14th 2007, 11:48 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by vix77
Hi,

If you are a fan of indie music and want to meet like-minded people to go to gigs, clubs and pubs that play all the classics along with all the new stuff but don't know where to go or have friends with good music taste to go with?

We organise fortnightly/weekly meet-ups to various indie pubs and clubs throughout Sydney CBD - the first one is this Saturday 14th at The Clare hotel for a night of classic British indie tunes - **Free Entry**- The Stone Roses, The Charlatans. Happy Mondays, Primal Scream, The Smiths, Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs, The Klaxons, Joy Division, The libertines, Blur, Oasis, Arctic Monkeys, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Fratelis etc etc

Interested? Reply to the thread and say hello.... .

That sounds right up my street,the only problem is that im on the Gold Coast.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jamiefrod
OWWWWW why cant you all live in Perth!!!
why is it that everybody who is interested lives everywhere but Sydney...? At least you all know where to come if you ever venture down/across/up to Sydney
Old Jul 16th 2007, 12:15 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

why is it that everybody who is interested lives everywhere but Sydney...? At least you all know where to come if you ever venture down/across/up to Sydney
Well, I came and it was a bloody top night - well done for organising this one Vix.

What's that coming over the hill? Is it another Sydney Britpop night? I hope so...

S
Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:09 am
Just Joined

nattyp will become famous soon enough

Only just saw this but it sounds like a great night. I miss listening to decent music! The Kings X hotel had a good Saturday night thing going on before it was closed. When will the next one be?
Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Well, I came and it was a bloody top night - well done for organising this one Vix.

What's that coming over the hill? Is it another Sydney Britpop night? I hope so...

S
ahhh, glad it was a good one.
I'm jealous
Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:13 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
ahhh, glad it was a good one.
I'm jealous
You could always jet over for a weekend...

S
Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

You could always jet over for a weekend...

S
well... funny you should ask when the next one is.

After the success of the last britpop night (Brag magazine were there and said the vibe was awesome... his words, not mine, i am still not ready to say awesome in a normal conversation yet) anyway... it looks like there is going to be another night held on sat 28th july but the venue is yet to be confirmed... as soon as there are more details i will let you know...

other than that, the Clare Hotel on a Friday night is a regular haunt for us british expat indie lovers.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:46 am
LCT
Forum Regular

LCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud of

Where will you be posting the details for the next one?
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LCT
Where will you be posting the details for the next one?
Hi.. the next britpop night will be posted on this thread - should have the details confirmed mid week...

if you have any ideas for songs to play then any suggestions are very welcome... new and old
Old Jul 17th 2007, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

ok - so the next mini night out is this friday at the Clare Hotel on Broadway for 'Classics at the Clare' http://www.myspace.com/classicsattheclare - has a good mix of english and american indie music and a lot of dancing can be had if you are in the mood - it is free entry and there is a pool table where you can manipulate the Aussies into playing English rules... I will be there from 8pm

The next main night is *Saturday 28th July at The Abercrombie* on Broadway for '*Whingeing Poms present The Britpop Party*'. It is FREE ENTRY all night from 8pm until it decides to close...(usually around 4-5am) - if last week is anything to go by it should be a cracking night, put on your dancing shoes....

I will send an attachment with a link to the flyer as soon as it is available.

Let me know if any of you are interested in either night and if you want any more details and we can arrange a time to meet up... or let me know if you want to make some song requests for the night....
Old Jul 17th 2007, 3:49 am
has lost The Game

a pool table where you can manipulate the Aussies into playing English rules... I will be there from 8pm
Nice. 2 shots that carry for a foul... How I miss that!

And don't forget the forward rolls on the dance floor... With Sergei's permission obviously...

S
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Nice. 2 shots that carry for a foul... How I miss that!

And don't forget the forward rolls on the dance floor... With Sergei's permission obviously...

S
and pockets that arent massive - they were HUGE in my Glebe local, you could've got a tennis ball in them...still, did make it easier for a novice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.