Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

In Sydney and like Indie music?

In Sydney and like Indie music?

Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:07 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: In Sydney and like Indie music?

Originally Posted by vix77
Hi,

If you are a fan of indie music and want to meet like-minded people to go to gigs, clubs and pubs that play all the classics along with all the new stuff but don't know where to go or have friends with good music taste to go with?

We organise fortnightly/weekly meet-ups to various indie pubs and clubs throughout Sydney CBD - the first one is this Saturday 14th at The Clare hotel for a night of classic British indie tunes - **Free Entry**- The Stone Roses, The Charlatans. Happy Mondays, Primal Scream, The Smiths, Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs, The Klaxons, Joy Division, The libertines, Blur, Oasis, Arctic Monkeys, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Fratelis etc etc

Interested? Reply to the thread and say hello.... .
God i love all those groups. I have been hunting high and low for a CD from Gold Frapp, but none of the Aussie shops have even heard of them
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
God i love all those groups. I have been hunting high and low for a CD from Gold Frapp, but none of the Aussie shops have even heard of them
U in Perth by any chance?
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:09 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
U in Perth by any chance?
How did you guess
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:10 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

and pockets that arent massive - they were HUGE in my Glebe local, you could've got a tennis ball in them...still, did make it easier for a novice
It was quite amusing on Friday actually - Vix77 had 'control' of the table, having won three straight games in a row, and she insisted that as it was her table, then British rules would be played.

One kiwi guy got quite irate at the whole thing!

Did you ever go to the Shark Bar? The pockets there are huge!

S
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

How did you guess
Wild stab in the dark

You need to have a trip to Melbourne - you'll be beside yourself with excitement
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:16 am
Account Closed

Wild stab in the dark

You need to have a trip to Melbourne - you'll be beside yourself with excitement
What the hell's wrong with Perth, jeez

I also love Souxiee and the Banshees. Long time gone now, but they have never heard of them.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
It was quite amusing on Friday actually - Vix77 had 'control' of the table, having won three straight games in a row, and she insisted that as it was her table, then British rules would be played.

One kiwi guy got quite irate at the whole thing!

Did you ever go to the Shark Bar? The pockets there are huge!

S
Brilliant.
Its is taken VERY seriously by some here isnt it, very entertaining.
Wheres the Sharks Bar? Doesnt ring a bell.
Main drawback where I used to play, pool comp night involved being subjected to cold chisel which isnt my idea of fun n games
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:18 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant.
Its is taken VERY seriously by some here isnt it, very entertaining.
Wheres the Sharks Bar? Doesnt ring a bell.
Main drawback where I used to play, pool comp night involved being subjected to cold chisel which isnt my idea of fun n games

I have never listened to any, so I can't comment.

S
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

What the hell's wrong with Perth, jeez

I also love Souxiee and the Banshees. Long time gone now, but they have never heard of them.
My god, they're a band from my youth. I still love the Clash loads.

Never ever been to Perth so no idea whats right or wrong with it, well apart from what I've heard on here once or twice, here n there

If you like music though - you'll love the cd/record shops in Melbourne.
Have you been?
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

I have never listened to any, so I can't comment.

S
You're taking the piss, you must've have
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

and pockets that arent massive - they were HUGE in my Glebe local, you could've got a tennis ball in them...still, did make it easier for a novice
the best pool tables are in the Coolabar in Pitt st - green felt, red and yellow balls, normal sized pockets... everything you could want in a pool table - only draw back is that the dam place is hardly open since the smoking ban as there is no outside area... oh well!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:31 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by vix77
the best pool tables are in the Coolabar in Pitt st - green felt, red and yellow balls, normal sized pockets... everything you could want in a pool table - only draw back is that the dam place is hardly open since the smoking ban as there is no outside area... oh well!
Yes, it was closed last night. And as Jonny Darko pointed out having to climb escalators to get to a pub really is just plain wrong...

S
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:32 am
has lost The Game

You're taking the piss, you must've have

I'd probably know some if it was pointed out to me.

S
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

I'd probably know some if it was pointed out to me.

S
Jimmy barnes was a member - not sure if it was a solo or with band but
last train out of Sydney is one thats usually accompanied by whole pubs of singing men in blue singlets.
Dont search it out though, ignorance is bliss in some cases
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

which goldfrapp cd you after? may have one in a folder i can email to you if my internet connection at home allows me.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.