British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/sydney-cbd-after-work-drink-meet-up-401034/)

chels Nov 10th 2006 12:21 am

Re: Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Hi all,

Sorry we ran out without saying goodbye to everyone last night. After way too much excitment shooting moose, we jumped in a taxi and sped off. :o Didn't mean to be rude.

Geordie George - I didn't realise you turned up! Which one were you? There were a lot of new faces as Swerv-o's mentioned. :)

Geordie George Nov 10th 2006 12:23 am

Originally Posted by chels
Geordie George - I didn't realise you turned up! Which one were you? There were a lot of new faces as Swerv-o's mentioned. :)

My mug shot's in the gallery. :o

chels Nov 10th 2006 12:33 am

My mug shot's in the gallery. :o

ah, now I know who you are - plus a process of elimination would have got there me there too eventually if I wasn't being so lazy. I never knew about the gallery before... I can see myself wasting even more time on here now being nosy.

Geordie George Nov 10th 2006 12:40 am

ah, now I know who you are - plus a process of elimination would have got there me there too eventually if I wasn't being so lazy. I never knew about the gallery before... I can see myself wasting even more time on here now being nosy.

It presents more opportunities for amusement than you'd ever imagine; particularly with boxes. ;) :D

When and where's the next meet then? Mr GG and I will have to make more of an effort next time around.

chels Nov 10th 2006 12:57 am

It presents more opportunities for amusement than you'd ever imagine; particularly with boxes. ;) :D

When and where's the next meet then? Mr GG and I will have to make more of an effort next time around.

Swerv-o wants to go upmarket and visit Establishment - though I'm not sure they'll let him in with his standard of jokes (ham tree? giraffes in bars?)

Geordie George Nov 10th 2006 1:14 am

Swerv-o wants to go upmarket and visit Establishment - though I'm not sure they'll let him in with his standard of jokes (ham tree? giraffes in bars?)

Feeling flush are we?! I'll have to make sure Patrick digs out something other than trainers to wear.

ETA: Just had a thought, I don't think Establishment does proper food on Thursdays? (If that's the day planned?) I think it's more just bar snack type stuff. But I may well be wrong.

sour kraut Nov 10th 2006 1:22 am

The giraffe joke was very, very poor quality I thought. The joke about the jews was much better. :scared:

chels Nov 10th 2006 2:00 am

Feeling flush are we?! I'll have to make sure Patrick digs out something other than trainers to wear.

ETA: Just had a thought, I don't think Establishment does proper food on Thursdays? (If that's the day planned?) I think it's more just bar snack type stuff. But I may well be wrong.

I expect once Swerv-o and the other men discover the prices there, we won't be staying that long, even if there is free sparkling wine (it is NOT champagne grrrrrrrrr - minor bugbear of mine) for women.

Swerv-o Nov 10th 2006 2:01 am

It wasn't a bacon tree, it was a ham bush...

Swerv-o Nov 10th 2006 2:03 am

We don't have to go there - it was suggested by somebody else.

Personally, I enjoy eating, because drinking on an empty stomach is never good for me...

S

northerner Nov 10th 2006 2:11 am

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
It wasn't a bacon tree, it was a ham bush...

Who could forget the ham bush joke? :D

Great night out and good to meet you all and thanks again to Swerv-o for organising it! Had a reasonable night's sleep on our camp bed, but I think the :beer: may well have helped with the :zzz:

Graham and Nic :)

Swerv-o Nov 10th 2006 2:13 am

Originally Posted by northerner
Who could forget the ham bush joke? :D

Great night out and good to meet you all and thanks again to Swerv-o for organising it! Had a reasonable night's sleep on our camp bed, but I think the :beer: may well have helped with the :zzz:

Graham and Nic :)

Sorry I didn't get to speak to you much, but Chels says that Nic is from Leicester? That's where I was living before I moved here...

Glad the camp bed worked out...

S

Geordie George Nov 10th 2006 2:17 am

I expect once Swerv-o and the other men discover the prices there, we won't be staying that long, even if there is free sparkling wine (it is NOT champagne grrrrrrrrr - minor bugbear of mine) for women.

:D

Well, they can prepare themselves for the shock by looking here:

http://www.merivale.com/establishment/estbar

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
We don't have to go there - it was suggested by somebody else.

Personally, I enjoy eating, because drinking on an empty stomach is never good for me...

S

I'll go wherever serves beer. I'm easily pleased. :)

stevemich Nov 10th 2006 2:21 am

:D

Well, they can prepare themselves for the shock by looking here:

http://www.merivale.com/establishment/estbar

I'll go wherever serves beer. I'm easily pleased. :)

Holy cow!
looks like a drink in there would wipe out my savings!!

There is an Irish bar next door to the Grace hotel (York St) that is probably a bit cheaper and looks ok (not that I have been inside..)
They serve Guinness too (black poo in the morning tho!:scared: )

Geordie George Nov 10th 2006 2:28 am

Originally Posted by stevemich
Holy cow!
looks like a drink in there would wipe out my savings!!

There is an Irish bar next door to the Grace hotel (York St) that is probably a bit cheaper and looks ok (not that I have been inside..)
They serve Guinness too (black poo in the morning tho!:scared: )

Do you mean PJ O'Briens? (It's on the corner of King and York.)