British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/sydney-cbd-after-work-drink-meet-up-401034/)

rubyredlips Jan 22nd 2007 9:34 am

Re: Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

I usually spend too much if i ventue to the big smoke of a Saturday! Have fun :thumbup:

Swerv-o Jan 22nd 2007 10:22 am

Originally Posted by rubyredlips (Post 4313902)
I usually spend too much if i ventue to the big smoke of a Saturday! Have fun :thumbup:

Hold on - Your signature says 'Live by the seat of your pants' yet you're worried about spending too much money!

Make up your mind! :D

S

IndigoFoot Jan 22nd 2007 10:37 am

7.30 Saturday eh! Count me in for that please, hope to have recovered from Friday by then. Look forward to it. See y'all soon.

Geordie George Jan 22nd 2007 10:47 am

Originally Posted by IndigoFoot (Post 4314117)
7.30 Saturday eh! Count me in for that please, hope to have recovered from Friday by then. Look forward to it. See y'all soon.

Are you on your own or with someone else? (I'm booking a table, so need to know numbers.)

Swerv-o Jan 22nd 2007 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Geordie George (Post 4314156)
Are you on your own or with someone else? (I'm booking a table, so need to know numbers.)

Lets just clarify that this is NEXT weekend - Saturday 3rd.

Geordie George Jan 22nd 2007 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Swerv-o (Post 4314174)
Lets just clarify that this is NEXT weekend - Saturday 3rd.

Good call - this could get confusing!

OK, Saturday 3rd Feb - meet up with Hels and Penny at Bungalow 8, Darling Harbour.

http://www.bungalow8.com.au/

That's why I'd said to PM me if you plan to come - I wanted to try and keep it seperate from this thread, so as not to confuse people. Maybe I'll start a new one. And you can post about plans for the next westies' meet?

ETA: OK, I've started a new thread. It can be found at: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=420958 :)

rubyredlips Jan 22nd 2007 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Swerv-o (Post 4314075)
Hold on - Your signature says 'Live by the seat of your pants' yet you're worried about spending too much money!

Make up your mind! :D

S

Aw, I know! but you cant spend what you aint even got! if i had pants I would be living by the seat of them! :blink:

rubyredlips Jan 22nd 2007 11:04 am

AND boring me is working that weekend day & night so maybe I can afford to join you when that pays off!!!!:D :D :D

sour kraut Jan 23rd 2007 10:07 am

RR, we'll take you up on that!

Chels, thanks, bike is fixed now, all is well. And there's quite a few lucky ones living over this end, too! ;)

rubyredlips Jan 23rd 2007 10:34 am

Its a shame youre out this Sat instead of a weeknight, as I could manage a schooner this thur or fri?

Hmmmmm........

Swerv-o Jan 23rd 2007 10:52 am

Originally Posted by rubyredlips (Post 4318102)
Its a shame youre out this Sat instead of a weeknight, as I could manage a schooner this thur or fri?

Hmmmmm........

I think that a group of us is heading into the city on Friday for the Australia Day celebrations.

You're more than welcome to come along and join us then, though there is no real plan yet...

S

Mctree Jan 23rd 2007 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Swerv-o (Post 4318152)
I think that a group of us is heading into the city on Friday for the Australia Day celebrations.

You're more than welcome to come along and join us then, though there is no real plan yet...

S

Plan is being formulated as we speak. Probably gonna involve food and beer.

Hey, these new smilies are cool :blink:

Swerv-o Jan 23rd 2007 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Mctree (Post 4318259)
Plan is being formulated as we speak. Probably gonna involve food and beer.

Hey, these new smilies are cool :blink:

Excellent Smithers!

S

rubyredlips Jan 24th 2007 9:21 am

Yeah, I forgot about Australia Day being tomorrow.......wheres my rock to crawl back under..?

Our Street has a good old Street Party with bbq, beer & neighbourly nosiness! Fandabbydosey! So I'll be tied up with that. Have fun! & dont forget your flags :thumbup:

Count me in for next week!

Swerv-o Jan 24th 2007 3:55 pm

If anyone is interested in coming along, the Sydney CBD drinking association will be meeting in The Shellbourne Hotel on Sussex street between 1 and 2 pm for drinks and a bit to eat for Australia Day.

The plan is then to head to the harbours for the afternoon and have a poke about. We shall re-convene in the evening for some evening drinks and maybe for a spot of dancing in the evening.

All welcome.

S