Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Steve Irwin has died

Wikiposts

Steve Irwin has died

Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:22 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Steve Irwin has died

It is always hard to comprehend when you hear news like this...

Steve always seemed such a lovely person, so full of life and so committed to what he believed in.

our thoughts are with his family

RIP Steve
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:29 pm
Ready to go home!!!

Ginger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
It is always hard to comprehend when you hear news like this...

Steve always seemed such a lovely person, so full of life and so committed to what he believed in.

our thoughts are with his family

RIP Steve
Could not believe when I heard the news today, I have been walking around in total shock. My husband and I have been watching his programmes for the last 10 years and we absolutely loved him (can't believe I have just written 'love' in the past tense....)

We were lucky enough to visit Australia zoo a few weeks ago and we saw him, Terri and Bindi and it felt so surreal to see him in the flesh.

My heart goes out to Terri and his poor children and he will be sorely sorely missed........

RIP Steve- You were a Ripper!!!!!

Emma
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:34 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't believe it when my husband told me, i was dreading telling the kids as they think he's a hero, but they already knew when i picked them up from school.

I suppose that in 44 years he did more living than most of us will do if we live to be 100, it's just such a shame that a bloke who seemed like such a family man won't be able to share the lives of his children. I like most of us didn't know him personally but it felt like i did, he had such an infectious enthusiasm for life and everything in it. A big softie too, who could forget the episode of crocodile hunter where Bindi was born and he was in tears.

He just seemed like such a nice bloke..

Lynn
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

stardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: so upset about steve irwin..

I know it's weird when you feel upset about someone dying who you don't know but feel like you do. My kids will be gutted when they come home from school
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

KeilaK will become famous soon enoughKeilaK will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Re: Steve Irwin has died

Really upset by the sad news this morning. Like many others we had planned on visiting Australia Zoo when we get our PR. Such a terrible waste to lose such a young vibrant person from the world. Our thoughts and deepest sympathies are with Terri, Bindi, Bob and all the Australia Zoo family.

RIP Steve.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:40 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

What a sad loss of a true Ozzie icon...an absolute legend to conservation and Australia. I'm sure his good work will continue, but I hope Australia honours this great man. It's so sad when such a good person is lost from this world. Condolences and sympathy to his family and friends...he'll be sadly missed around the world.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of

Very sad indeed!...I let the Australia Zoo free shuttle bus go in front of me this morning in Mooloolaba,It was full of happy smiling tourist ready for a great day up there...little did they know
My family's thoughts are with the Irwins'
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:47 pm
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: so upset about steve irwin..

Originally Posted by stardust
I know it's weird when you feel upset about someone dying who you don't know but feel like you do. My kids will be gutted when they come home from school
It think, in this case, it's because we recognise what a contribution he made and not just because he was something like an overpaid soccer star on ridiculous money just to kick a ball about (albeit skillfully).
He was 'somebody' and he carried a message - the fact that we are all talking about it proves he must have got a lot of the message about conservation issues across.
Truly one of a kind.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:59 pm
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by theguitardoctor
What a sad loss of a true Ozzie icon...an absolute legend to conservation and Australia. I'm sure his good work will continue, but I hope Australia honours this great man. It's so sad when such a good person is lost from this world. Condolences and sympathy to his family and friends...he'll be sadly missed around the world.
I'm sure that Aus will honour him. They usually embrace their own.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

So terribly sad.

A legend, never to be forgotten...........

RIP Steve,
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

Keebs has a spectacular aura aboutKeebs has a spectacular aura aboutKeebs has a spectacular aura about

Like many, many British Expats we came across the Crocodile Hunter on British TV, once granted PR have made numerous visits to Australia Zoo.

My wife and I were fortunate to see Steve (& Family) in the flesh on Australia Day 2005, a day we shall always remember.

A loss to his family, friends, conservation/education, Queensland and Australia wide.

Even more bizarre when it's been reported only 17 reported deaths worldwide and only 2 in Australian waters from Stingrays!

RIP...
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

A truly great Aussie and gentleman .Such a sad loss indeed.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 10:37 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Can't quite believe that Steve Irwin's dead. I really feel for his wife and children. What a loss. His enthusiasm for all walks of life was amazing.

Ginny
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute

An Ambassador for Animals, he should be honoured for his achievements. He had probably forgotten more than most of us know about wildlife and conservation.

Such a shame, always the good die young. So shocking. Thought are with Terry, Bindi and Bob.

RIP Steve
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 10:44 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

“The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it’s real because that’s how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it’s very brightly coloured and it’s very loud and it’s fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, “Hey – don’t worry, don’t be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride…” And we… kill those people.

Or in this and many other cases they are taken from us, Irwin epitomised the above famous closer from my favourite comedian, he knew it was just a ride and he loved every minute of it..................god bless his wife and kids, I can't comprehend their loss..................

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.