Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Spa/Swimming pool thread.....

Spa/Swimming pool thread.....

Old Feb 22nd 2009, 7:28 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spa/Swimming pool thread.....

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Looks gorgeous Furkew, is that the 'Moroccan' pool?

You got it just in time for the rest of the summer anyway, enjoy
Yep, its a Moroccan. You know your pools

The kids (and half the neighbourhood) spent most of the weekend in it.

Got it up to 28 degrees today, and with next weeks forecast, its should get up to about 30 with any luck.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 8:16 am
Living on the Gold Coast

Spellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to behold

I think you can click on the highlighted link on my quote to my blogspot to see the photo. I dont know why the pictures not showing, I must be doing something wrong!
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 8:26 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spellbound
I think you can click on the highlighted link on my quote to my blogspot to see the photo. I dont know why the pictures not showing, I must be doing something wrong!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HG0m7Y4yGn...h/DSCF0628.JPG

I cant get it show either, but the link works.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 8:40 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furkew
Yep, its a Moroccan. You know your pools

The kids (and half the neighbourhood) spent most of the weekend in it.

Got it up to 28 degrees today, and with next weeks forecast, its should get up to about 30 with any luck.
Lovely

...small confession....I looked on the Leisurepools site
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 8:42 am

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spellbound
Or just do it like this
Attached Thumbnails Spa/Swimming pool thread.....-spa.jpg  
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 10:20 am
Mav
Forum Regular

Mav is an unknown quantity at this point

Anybody else got any nice piccies of their pool
heres a few pics of my self build concrete 12mtr x 6mtr pool,the water has changed to a nice blue colour now,but i have still got to landscap around the pool edge,
Attached Thumbnails Spa/Swimming pool thread.....-pool-041.jpg   Spa/Swimming pool thread.....-pool-spray-003.jpg   Spa/Swimming pool thread.....-pool-spray-115.jpg   Spa/Swimming pool thread.....-pool-spray-171.jpg   Spa/Swimming pool thread.....-pool-spray-205.jpg  

Old Feb 22nd 2009, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Mav
heres a few pics of my self build concrete 12mtr x 6mtr pool,the water has changed to a nice blue colour now,but i have still got to landscap around the pool edge,
That looks lovely Mav

When you say 'self build' what do you mean?

What I mean is...what does the process involve, and can anybody do it?
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 7:20 pm
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by Mav

12 x 6 is an excellent size. Looks great as well.

Actually getting the pool in is easy IMO. Its tidying up the building site afterwards & the landscaping thats the biggest project.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 8:53 pm
Mav
Forum Regular

Mav is an unknown quantity at this point

That looks lovely Mav

When you say 'self build' what do you mean?

What I mean is...what does the process involve, and can anybody do it?
If you can use a phone and a pc then anyone can do it and save alot of $$$,if you are a practical person even more $$$ can be saved
i had plans drawn up in brisbane,then got approval from the council,
after that it was a case of phoning up the trades that are needed for quotes,digger man for the hole,concrete sprayers for the shell, pool finishers for the pebble finish,i put all the steel and plumbing in myself along with the pavers,
phoned loads of places to get the best possible prices on equipment like colour changing led lights,big sand filter, salt system, pump,water ect,
total cost to date is about 23k,
solar heating and landscaping will probably add another 6k to the bill,
but then i will have a pool that the pool companys would charge 50k to build
happy days

Last edited by Mav; Feb 22nd 2009 at 9:44 pm. Reason: added info
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 2:42 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Our pool and build!

Found it to be a fairly painless process. Its been in 2 years now and still gets used frequently by the kids, as well as big kids!!
Attached Thumbnails Spa/Swimming pool thread.....-swimming-pool-005.jpg   Spa/Swimming pool thread.....-swimming-pool-progress-029.jpg   Spa/Swimming pool thread.....-wa-reptile-park-jan-2008-007.jpg  
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by furkew
12 x 6 is an excellent size. Looks great as well.

Actually getting the pool in is easy IMO. Its tidying up the building site afterwards & the landscaping thats the biggest project.
If your experienced in that area it's easy....not that easy for somebody like me that doesn't know anything
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Mav
If you can use a phone and a pc then anyone can do it and save alot of $$$,if you are a practical person even more $$$ can be saved
i had plans drawn up in brisbane,then got approval from the council,
after that it was a case of phoning up the trades that are needed for quotes,digger man for the hole,concrete sprayers for the shell, pool finishers for the pebble finish,i put all the steel and plumbing in myself along with the pavers,
phoned loads of places to get the best possible prices on equipment like colour changing led lights,big sand filter, salt system, pump,water ect,
total cost to date is about 23k,
solar heating and landscaping will probably add another 6k to the bill,
but then i will have a pool that the pool companys would charge 50k to build
happy days
Great Sounds straight fowardish
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by sme
Our pool and build!

Found it to be a fairly painless process. Its been in 2 years now and still gets used frequently by the kids, as well as big kids!!
Looks gorgeous