Reload this Page >

telecomms engineer looking for work / sponsor

telecomms engineer looking for work / sponsor

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

stonecubby78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking telecomms engineer looking for work / sponsor

Hi,
Myself and my girlfriend both in 30 yrs and from the UK, are looking into Immigration to australia (Sydney), we both love the place and we have both spent quite a lot of time there and also have friends and relatives living there.

We would like to be to be able to obtain a skilled migration visa. Myself being the main applicant. Just need to see if I can use my current job experience to get the points.

Since December 2000 I have been a telecomms contractor, working for motorola and Nokia. For the past 4 years working for a partner company of Nokia installing O2's 3G network.

I have also operated a limited company of which I am the director and also employee for the limited company since december 2009. Would I gain any points for this?. (I have 8 years of accounts.)

The work I carry out is field based hardware installs, upgrades and Integrations of Nokia Node B's (supreme and flexi BTS). The only qualifications I have in the sector are in house training by the Nokia partner company and I am licenced by Nokia to complete work on there behalf in the field.

I believe that I will need to get my skills assessed by the TRA, would the TRA assess my in house training and Nokia licence?.

My other option maybe, I completed a 4 year apprentice ship as a Tool Maker for Rover Group later becoming BMW Group. I left BWM group 1 year after completing my apprenticeship in 2000. Would this be an better option on our application?.

Any help would be much appreciated

Many Thanks
stonecubby78
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

crabbejo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: telecomms engineer looking for work / sponsor

have you tried looking on the net for the mobile operators out there? think the main ones are 3g, virgin, optus, vodafone (think a couple of them just use the others networks though?)

Also worth trying Telstra as the main comms operator in the country.

Sounds like you're well experienced, but not sure what the jobs markets like over there. I guess it depends where you are headed