Reload this Page >

Shipping to Australia

Shipping to Australia

Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

chrisk8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping to Australia

Originally Posted by scor
what exactly is a 40 or 20 foot container? obviously its 20/40 feet long, but what are the other dimensions?
Heres some really boring figures for you but it'll give you an idea of the internal measurements of a 20' & 40' container

Hope this helps.

Chris

20' standard steel container spec.

Internal, length 5,900 mm 19'4 1/6"
Internal, width 2,352 mm 7'8 9/16"
Internal, height to load line 2,393 mm 7'10 3/16"
Volume 33 m3 1,170 ft

40' standard steel container spec.
Internal, length 12,035 mm 39'5 13/16"
Internal, width 2,350 mm 7'8 1/2"
Internal, height to load line 2,393 mm 7'8 1/2"
Volume 67 m3 2,390 ft3
Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

chrisk8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Can anyone reccomend some good shipping companies, to move our possesions to Australia? We don't have that much, it's not a full house or anything, but i does include a lot of valuable electronic/AV equipment. I think a 4 x 4 metre container would do it easily. And I don't mind how long it takes to get there, 3 months is fine.

Thanks!!
Given the size of space you think you need you're best getting a shared container service - this way you only pay for the space you use in a container headed for your destination. In terms of who to use ?? Well there are so many - but you will need to check out the local yellow pages to see who is offering the shared service in your area - however be warned not every removal company in your local area will be best suited to offer a shared container service and whilst they will tell you they can offer it they will usually sub contract it on to a bigger company.

Best thing to do is research movers on here - most have been referenced on the website with good and bad storys.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to all

Pinkie

Thanks heaps for the info. It was really usefull and sounds pretty close to the amount we plan on taking.
I will give them a call once I have everything sorted out.

Thanks again
Shona
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

BrisbaneBound2008 will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Can anyone reccomend some good shipping companies, to move our possesions to Australia? We don't have that much, it's not a full house or anything, but i does include a lot of valuable electronic/AV equipment. I think a 4 x 4 metre container would do it easily. And I don't mind how long it takes to get there, 3 months is fine.

Thanks!!

Hi there! We are moving in May so over Christmas looked at the quotes we got (had 3visit) and have chosen to go with John Mason. Got 3 quotes but all in all I preffered the man that come over and their professionalism etc compared with the others.

All 3 prices were similar, we live in a small one bed flat so haven't got heaps to take, we're doign shared container and we have been quoted approx £2k for about 385cubic (cant' remember exactly). Am just weighing up whether we need to take the sofa bed/couch and the big coffee table or if it makes more sense to buy in Oz. Works out about £200 to take the sofa and about £40 to take the table. Hmmmm, decisions decisions!

Good luck with your planning - when are you moving?