Reload this Page >

Shipping to Australia

Shipping to Australia

Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

scor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping to Australia

Hi,

Can anyone reccomend some good shipping companies, to move our possesions to Australia? We don't have that much, it's not a full house or anything, but i does include a lot of valuable electronic/AV equipment. I think a 4 x 4 metre container would do it easily. And I don't mind how long it takes to get there, 3 months is fine.

Thanks!!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:15 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping to Australia

Originally Posted by scor
Hi,

Can anyone reccomend some good shipping companies, to move our possesions to Australia? We don't have that much, it's not a full house or anything, but i does include a lot of valuable electronic/AV equipment. I think a 4 x 4 metre container would do it easily. And I don't mind how long it takes to get there, 3 months is fine.

Thanks!!
If you search this forum you will see lots of discussion on good / bad movers. We brought a similar amount to you (maybe a bit less) and used Crown. We were very happy with the service, which took about 10 weeks door-to-door.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Swooty will become famous soon enough

Tey these they have been excellent

http://www.doreebonner.co.uk/home/index.php
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

platapus is an unknown quantity at this point

We are having a 40 ft container & Crown are coming tomorrow for 4 days to pack our things..I will let you know how we get on.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Timandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really nice

Hello there

Im going through this process of searching the market and prices for a 20ft container vary by a great deal, Dorree Boner are quite expensive but seem very good. PPS did n't rock my boat, there's a joke in there somewhere. they were about 400 quid cheaper than Doree. Crown were about 1,000 dearer and Britannia forget it. I said a few swear words when I read that.
I am at the moment looking at Gobal relocations & EVL who are very competative and will price match. Does anyone have any experience Good or bad experiences please let me know. As it will be decision day soon..
We fly out on the 6th march. Yipee
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

I have John Masons coming on Thursday to pack 70% of a 20ft container... I'll let you know how I get on.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

what exactly is a 40 or 20 foot container? obviously its 20/40 feet long, but what are the other dimensions?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

Dont know but 70% of a 20 ft = 700 square cubic feet
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

right... and where is the packing done? they bring the container to your house?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

marcon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thanks!!
Hi
We are just starting the process ourselves We will need a 40ft container can anybody give us some quide prices. We have a local company giving us a price next week who work in partnership with Robinson International anybody used them before.
Thanks
Old Jan 7th 2008, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

John Mason are bringing a truck to move it all as it is going into storage and we are sharing a container... otherwise i think they sometimes bring the container
Old Jan 7th 2008, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

gonna be awful, seeing all of my worldly possesion's disappear onto a truck... I hope they are careful!!!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

No I think the hardest thing so far is giving stuff away that is worth quite a bit of money, having to skip/chuck stuff that still has life left or not being able to get rid of stuff.

I'll let you know of thurs/fri how it feels when its all taken away!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to all

Hi,

Thanks!!

We will be taking a similar amount, can anyone recomend the best way to ship this amount, either as part of a container or tea chests, individual boxes etc ?

Cheers
Shona
Old Jan 8th 2008, 4:01 am
Playing the game

Pinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the rough

Hi Shona

We did a similar thing - only bought what we couldn't bear to leave which turned out to be about 20 boxes total. Used Anglo Pacific, they had been to quote on the whole house but we changed our mind about taking everything so I just emailed a list of the items and rough sizes (or actual sizes where it could be put back in its box) and they gave me a quote. They just confirm the cost once the packers have been, turned out to be cheaper that the quote for us as the packers put things inside other things that I hadn't thought of. We just insured the things that were worth something other than sentimental value (as they can't be replaced at any cost obviously).
The packers were great in the UK, they just pack all your goods into the relevant sized industrial cardboard box complete with a forests worth of padding paper, make a note of what's in them (little hint here, I listed absolutely everything that we were taking including the names of dvds and serial numbers of computers etc as they're quite general in how they term the contents of your world!) and put them in a van. They just stay together then until a container has the appropriate amount of space left in it, then get shipped. It can take a bit longer but there are that may people coming over now that I don't think it matters like it used to. I also checked that they don't employ casual staff as I read on here ages ago that can be where the problems start.

We got our boxes just before Christmas after leaving beginning of Oct (inc a detour via Brisbane as that's where we thought we'd end up initially) with everything intact and working - including OH's computer, media centre, dvds etc. Very impressed.

Hope it works out the same for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.