Shampoo!

Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:47 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shampoo!

Originally Posted by ukecadet
Ooooo is that the one which has pearl and cashmere extracts for shine.
I get mine from ALDI.

You can get it here in Target.
Sounds like good news for the OP.

=======================================
Not aimed at anyone in particular, and posting as me, and not as a Mod, I have often had people take the mickey out of me cos I like to use particular brands of various things from the UK. I know I'm not alone in this, and I do it for a lot of reasons - familiarity being one; I prefer the taste being a second, which is valid for a lot of items. And lastly - because certain brands suit me and I don't want to risk trying others. Sunscreen is one - I still buy my sunscreen in Boots cos I have lousy skin and I want the one that I know doesn't irritate it.
Next time you ridicule a poster for wanting to bring certain brands over, stop and think that they may have a perfectly good reason for it.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 9:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

In the spirit of some of these posts recently - love the signature mate. Might have to change my now rather tired signature ;-) Would not knock your desire to ship something over from the UK Polly. I'm tipping that the ridicule or mickey-taking is reserved for those who are just doing it by default or spite, or through ignorance.

By the same token, or rather, decent standard, I'm guessing you would approve of someone being content (or lucky) that they can use the 1 item out of the miserable and limited ;-) choice here.
:-)

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Not aimed at anyone in particular, and posting as me, and not as a Mod, I have often had people take the mickey out of me cos I like to use particular brands of various things from the UK. I know I'm not alone in this, and I do it for a lot of reasons - familiarity being one; I prefer the taste being a second, which is valid for a lot of items. And lastly - because certain brands suit me and I don't want to risk trying others. Sunscreen is one - I still buy my sunscreen in Boots cos I have lousy skin and I want the one that I know doesn't irritate it.
Next time you ridicule a poster for wanting to bring certain brands over, stop and think that they may have a perfectly good reason for it.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 9:17 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
In the spirit of some of these posts recently - love the signature mate. Might have to change my now rather tired signature ;-) Would not knock your desire to ship something over from the UK Polly. I'm tipping that the ridicule or mickey-taking is reserved for those who are just doing it by default or spite, or through ignorance.

By the same token, or rather, decent standard, I'm guessing you would approve of someone being content (or lucky) that they can use the 1 item out of the miserable and limited ;-) choice here.
:-)
Indeed, if and when eople find something in Aus that suits them, thats great - but as you probably remember it can take a while to get used to new brands.
Tolerance of everyone's individual quirks is the key methinks, as ever
Old Feb 17th 2009, 9:58 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

You have beautiful skin,as smooth as a baby's bum,mmm or do i mean your face looks like a baby's bum
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:00 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by tamaja
Many thanks for the replies...to get this back on track...Its Loreal Elseve Nutrigloss (in a pink bottle)?
Have a look for Loreal Elvive Nutrigloss in Australia.

A quick look on Vogue.com.au showed a forum comment that says it is sold in Europe as 'Elseve'.

Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:07 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
As far as Tea bags are concerned, try the Dilmah, Lipton and Madura brands, some say they are much better than the British ones.
DILMAH...chah, chah, chah...DILMAH...chah, chah, chah.....

Oh yes, Dilmah is far superior when compared to any of the British teas. Word to your mother....
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
DILMAH...chah, chah, chah...DILMAH...chah, chah, chah.....

Oh yes, Dilmah is far superior when compared to any of the British teas. Word to your mother....
dilmah extra strong -mmmmmmmm
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:30 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

A note on chocolate....

As an obsessive consumer of all things chocolate I can reveal the following:

1. Aussie Cadbury's is initially pants... but you get used to it, although it doesn't have the same appeal that it used to, for me at least... it's made here, so doesn't come in a container, the same strange taint pervades through all the products

2. Ikea have fabulous swedish chocolate; that is imported Dime bars, Malibou, and another brand that I don't have in the house at the moment (I ate it all!) It's really good, but you have to put it in a cool bag if you live any distance from the shop because it melts very readily. (I understand that they are transported in a refrigerated container)

3. Lindt chocolate is also widely available and tastes just as good as it always did.

With reference to the shampoo.... I've not looked closely but Loreal sell the pink bottle Elvive shampoo here, so no worries....

In terms of cosmetics...
All the big brands are available; Dior, Givenchy, YSL, Clinique, Lancome, Estee Lauder etc... high end
and the less expensive: maxfactor, Revlon, Covergirl, Loreal, Bourjois, Rimmel.... to name but a few! If you buy Boots brand then you might want to bring that with you....

If you like branston pickle, bring that..... it's $6.00 for a small jar in Coles! or learn to live without it!

Last edited by alipally; Feb 17th 2009 at 10:34 pm. Reason: add about the shampoo!
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:32 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alipally
A note on chocolate....

As an obsessive consumer of all things chocolate I can reveal the following:

1. Aussie Cadbury's is initially pants... but you get used to it, although it doesn't have the same appeal that it used to, for me at least... it's made here, so doesn't come in a container, the same strange taint pervades through all the products

2. Ikea have fabulous swedish chocolate; that is imported Dime bars, Malibou, and another brand that I don't have in the house at the moment (I ate it all!) It's really good, but you have to put it in a cool bag if you live any distance from the shop because it melts very readily. (I understand that they are transported in a refrigerated container)

3. Lindt chocolate is also widely available and tastes just as good as it always did.

If you like branston pickle, bring that..... it's $6.00 for a small jar in Coles! or learn to live without it!
Ironically, in Europe the British chocolate is seen as very inferior.......
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:45 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

In europe the BRITISH are seen as inferior
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:46 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
In europe the BRITISH are seen as inferior
Well, if the cap fits....(flat cap)....
Old Feb 17th 2009, 11:54 pm
ABCDiamond

In Australia, the Cadburys chocolate appeasr to be seen as the basic one, with other brands being bought as the better quality for the discerning chocolate eater.

I tend to eat German chocolate myself, and get the cheaper Cadburys for my daughter

Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

i like aussie choc especially cherryripe and cherry bounty - maybe i have got over the taste thing

other half use to drink pg tips in the uk - he now drinks bushles extra strong tea - i brought him for christmas a box of pg tips as special treat - he said he likes bushles tea now - and pg tips is a weaker blend

we do buy branston pickle - that is one thing we have not changed - but everything else we have found an aussie alternative
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:14 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
i like aussie choc especially cherryripe and cherry bounty - maybe i have got over the taste thing

other half use to drink pg tips in the uk - he now drinks bushles extra strong tea - i brought him for christmas a box of pg tips as special treat - he said he likes bushles tea now - and pg tips is a weaker blend

we do buy branston pickle - that is one thing we have not changed - but everything else we have found an aussie alternative
Cherryripe........
Attached Thumbnails Shampoo!-yuck.jpg  
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:17 am
FREE TIBET

Cherryripe........
Shit NOW i know where i was last night

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.