Shampoo!

Old Feb 17th 2009, 5:37 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Shampoo!

Originally Posted by slipshot
Guess what - I''m bringing over Colmans mustard because you can buy English mustard here but I prefer the taste of Colmans.
You can get Colman's Original English Mustard 170g here, but it is $8.25.

As far as Tea bags are concerned, try the Dilmah, Lipton and Madura brands, some say they are much better than the British ones.

Shipping for some people can be expensive, and when you can buy most things here anyway, it is worth checking out if the saving, if any, is actually worth it.

Old Feb 17th 2009, 5:41 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Tea Bags! Ship Tea Bags. Loads of em. You will thank me. If you dont drink tea - ship them anyway and send them to me.

Seriously the tea bags here are gash. And its not the water either. I had a box of PG Tips brought over by a friend from a recent trip back to UK and I tell you what........that first proper cuppa......aaaaaahhhhhhhhh!
No you can get Tetley British Blend tea bags now which make a good strong cuppa - not the usual Nats pee, also British Baked Beans. the sauce is thicker

Last edited by ray2gill; Feb 17th 2009 at 5:51 am.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 5:45 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

[QUOTE=ABCDiamond;7292567], you can buy most things here anyway,

You can even get Marmite here but it's not called that - OUR MATE

It's the same but obviously made for the OZ market as it isn't quite as salty but better than Vegemite - but then anythings better than Vegemite.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 5:49 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

the OP was asking a simple question and most of you got facetious when there was no need to. The question was not "can she get them in Aus' but 'can she ship them"

Maybe she can get the shampoo she uses maybe not, maybe it is cheaper where she is coming from, the same for the cosmetics. I get my relies and friends to bring over Yorkshire Tea Bags, is that wrong as you can get them here but they are much more expensive. When I go abroad I pick up my make up duty free and in bulk because it is cheaper.

We are all so much more superior when we have lived here for a while!
Old Feb 17th 2009, 5:51 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by ray2gill

You can even get Marmite here but it's not called that - OUR MATE

It's the same but obviously made for the OZ market as it isn't quite as salty but better than Vegemite - but then anythings better than Vegemite.
And here it is

Old Feb 17th 2009, 5:53 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Vanessa
I think that with experience of living here, it helps to let others know that some of these things can actually be obtained here. I don't think that people feel superior about it.

Old Feb 17th 2009, 5:59 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I think that with experience of living here, it helps to let others know that some of these things can actually be obtained here. I don't think that people feel superior about it.
I agree and that is why the site is useful and I still post, however, that was not the case with this thread. They didn't ask if you could get a particular brand of shampoo or cosmetics here just can she put them in the container. In that regard a simple yes would have sufficed or even if you wanted to be helpful ask what brand she uses and also let her know that it can/not be bought here. Much more helpful I would have thought.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:07 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair it seems there was one response along the lines of "do because they don;t sell shampoo here" which while perhaps not useful is not offensive. There was later a post by a moderator questioning generically why people don;t just get on with brands here. The rets of the posts seemed more devoted to preferences for particular brands so at best two posts were "negative".

Originally Posted by Vanessa
the OP was asking a simple question and most of you got facetious when there was no need to. The question was not "can she get them in Aus' but 'can she ship them"

Maybe she can get the shampoo she uses maybe not, maybe it is cheaper where she is coming from, the same for the cosmetics. I get my relies and friends to bring over Yorkshire Tea Bags, is that wrong as you can get them here but they are much more expensive. When I go abroad I pick up my make up duty free and in bulk because it is cheaper.

Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:12 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayr
To be fair it seems there was one response along the lines of "do because they don;t sell shampoo here" which while perhaps not useful is not offensive. There was later a post by a moderator questioning generically why people don;t just get on with brands here. The rets of the posts seemed more devoted to preferences for particular brands so at best two posts were "negative".
There was not a post by a moderator. There was a post by a member. Read my post and you'll see it is MY opinion. How is that negative? Is it negative to suggest that people assimilate when they migrate?
Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:16 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Accepted that you posted as a member (though the fine line between you being a different person when moderator or member may be lost on others).

I intentionally put the word negative in quotes. If you read my psot you may find I was questioning someone elses "attack" on the allegedly "negative" posters rather than your opinion.

Originally Posted by Dorothy
There was not a post by a moderator. There was a post by a member. Read my post and you'll see it is MY opinion. How is that negative? Is it negative to suggest that people assimilate when they migrate?
Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:29 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayr
Accepted that you posted as a member (though the fine line between you being a different person when moderator or member may be lost on others).

I intentionally put the word negative in quotes. If you read my psot you may find I was questioning someone elses "attack" on the allegedly "negative" posters rather than your opinion.
Sorry, Jay. I didn't mean to jump on you.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:59 am
Karma Comedian

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Sorry, Jay. I didn't mean to jump on you.
No worries!
Old Feb 17th 2009, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

tamaja has a brilliant futuretamaja has a brilliant futuretamaja has a brilliant futuretamaja has a brilliant futuretamaja has a brilliant futuretamaja has a brilliant futuretamaja has a brilliant future

Many thanks for the replies...to get this back on track...Its Loreal Elseve Nutrigloss (in a pink bottle)?
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:15 am
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of

After trying everything on offer in Europe and Asia, the only shampoo that works for me is only avaiable in Australia (and I have waist-length hair).

In the end you're going to have to find a brand that works for you in Australia.

But yes, you'll be able to ship things in.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 12:09 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tamaja
Many thanks for the replies...to get this back on track...Its Loreal Elseve Nutrigloss (in a pink bottle)?
Ooooo is that the one which has pearl and cashmere extracts for shine.
I get mine from ALDI.

You can get it here in Target.

Last edited by ukecadet; Feb 17th 2009 at 12:19 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.