British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Shampoo! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/shampoo-591847/)

tamaja Feb 16th 2009 4:41 pm

Shampoo!

Wife wants to know if its okay to ship loads of her favorite shampoo and other cosmetic products?? Thanks.

Pollyana Feb 16th 2009 7:32 pm

Re: Shampoo!

Originally Posted by tamaja (Post 7290830)
Wife wants to know if its okay to ship loads of her favorite shampoo and other cosmetic products?? Thanks.

Yep :)

MartinH Feb 16th 2009 8:07 pm

You ought to because they don't sell shampoo in Australia

CDM Feb 16th 2009 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 7291204)
Yep :)

Hope that also appliues to chocolate, bar soap, vinegar and several other products I'm hoping to fill several boxes with.

- CDM

alipally Feb 16th 2009 8:44 pm

Really wouldn't put chocolate in the container.....

It gets pretty hot along the way!!;)

They sell vinegar here too you know. Even Sarsons, if you really need a brand.

CDM Feb 16th 2009 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by alipally (Post 7291422)
Really wouldn't put chocolate in the container.....

It gets pretty hot along the way!!;)

They sell vinegar here too you know. Even Sarsons, if you really need a brand.

Doesn't chocolate get shipped abroad by container ordinarily anyway (pretty much like every other consumer product known to man)? Why would it be any different in a removal container?

- CDM

asher Feb 16th 2009 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by tamaja (Post 7290830)

yes

she may find she can buy them here and save shipping costs but some types aren't available such as pantene ice shine although all other pantene products are :thumbsup:

natalieml Feb 16th 2009 9:54 pm

You know in Australia its still in the 1920's :blink::rofl::rofl::blink:

So my brother told me via telegram.....:p

Notts_bloke Feb 16th 2009 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by natalieml (Post 7291619)
You know in Australia its still in the 1920's :blink::rofl::rofl::blink:

So my brother told me via telegram.....:p

No it is definately still the 80s over here.

Dorothy Feb 16th 2009 10:52 pm

They sell shampoo, conditioner, bars of soap, vinegar, chocolate, and all the other assorted stuff people are asking about here in Australia. Why people feel the need to fill a container with things they can get here is beyond me. Won't you eventually have to get used to the Australian version if you plan to live here permanently? Of do you intend to have your shampoo/soap/chocolate/vinegar shipped over for the rest of your life?

Not aimed at anyone in particular, but it always confounds me.

spartacus Feb 16th 2009 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by CDM (Post 7291484)
Doesn't chocolate get shipped abroad by container ordinarily anyway (pretty much like every other consumer product known to man)?

- CDM

Yes but that doesn't count.

ponyrama Feb 17th 2009 1:20 am

Tea Bags! Ship Tea Bags. Loads of em. You will thank me. If you dont drink tea - ship them anyway and send them to me. :rofl:

Seriously the tea bags here are gash. And its not the water either. I had a box of PG Tips brought over by a friend from a recent trip back to UK and I tell you what........that first proper cuppa......aaaaaahhhhhhhhh!:cool:

slipshot Feb 17th 2009 1:44 am

Originally Posted by ponyrama (Post 7292106)
Tea Bags! Ship Tea Bags. Loads of em. You will thank me. If you dont drink tea - ship them anyway and send them to me. :rofl:

Seriously the tea bags here are gash. And its not the water either. I had a box of PG Tips brought over by a friend from a recent trip back to UK and I tell you what........that first proper cuppa......aaaaaahhhhhhhhh!:cool:

Ah - but according to Dorothy you should accept low grade tea because you are living in Australia now...

It confounds me why people think that moving to another country means you have to give up every single thing that you possible could and embrace everything about that new country. If that really was the case, the English would have a single dish of fish and chips and curry would not exist.

Why one earth should people not have their creature comforts?

Guess what - I''m bringing over Colmans mustard because you can buy English mustard here but I prefer the taste of Colmans. Am I thus someone who knows that postage is cheap, and the internet is your very best friend...?

To the same extent, do we extent the thousands of Aus ex-pats in the UK to only ever eat Marmite (irrespective of the fact you can buy Vegemite, Marmite is far more widely available).

I'll ship over whatever I think. There are many new products I will adopt here, but there are others that don;t taste the same - and decent chocolate is one of them...

jimmyd4006 Feb 17th 2009 5:01 am

was in my local Coles today, don't go there very often but they have a new British section, but not cheap !! I'd bring all your favorites with you, and imo Aldi have the best chocolate in oz :thumbsup:

watford Feb 17th 2009 5:03 am

i have seen pg tips tea in the shops over here. There are lots of english shops around.

Even coles have started stocking an international range now,I brought lyles golden treacle and tunnucks caramel buscuits ,robertsons lemon barley Even Mcvities jaffa cakes,hobnobs and digestives. Fray bentos corned beef ect
I have a friend here who sends our milky ways back to the uk because they are much nicer here