Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sad news about my cat...

Sad news about my cat...

Old Jun 5th 2005, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

ahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sad news about my cat...

Originally Posted by Don
Oh well, it was just a cat not a human and it had a good life.

Forget it and move on.
piss off don
Old Jun 5th 2005, 6:10 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ahoy
piss off don
No point getting emotionally attached to pets, is there?

They have a brain the size of a pea and would forsake you for the next meal provider at the drop of a hat.
Old Jun 5th 2005, 6:48 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
All I can say Hunkyhenry is that you have just won your place in the Knobjockey finals.

Twat.

D D
Old Jun 5th 2005, 9:56 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Don

They have a brain the size of a pea and would forsake you for the next meal provider at the drop of a hat.
Just like a lot of blokes, then....?

Anya.
Old Jun 5th 2005, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

paul&sharon is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bridiej
Thanks everyone, it helps to have your support.

Malc came home early from work, he's almost as upset as I am......

I just take comfort in the fact that at least we know now before we (hopefully!) make the move to Oz as I'd have felt so guilty if we'd put him through the flight and quarantine only to discover he was so ill.
so sorry for you all do not know what to say really we have two cats and we are so devoted to them, but you have done the right thing in the circumstances please do not be to hard on yourselves you have done this out of love. Best wishes Sharon&Paul
Old Jun 6th 2005, 8:22 am
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by Don

Don, I dont know where you are getting your scientific facts from but I can assure you that cats and dogs plus many other animals do not have a brain the size of a pea.

If you truly believe what you say, then tell it to the owners guide dogs for the blind. They have had their lives enriched by the fact their pets can detect every danger and protect his owner from it.

Because they would beg to differ.

Where my sister lives in Cyprus, her cats can often detect earthquakes before they happen.

When the Tsunami happened, the animals moved to higher ground several hours before it occured, that included cats, dogs, elephants etc.

They are far more perceptive than humans could ever be, have a strong sense of danger and a loyalty to their owners that is so fierce, it is hard to be matched.

When my landlord entered my property without my knowledge, my cat bit him so hard he needed treatment.

I appreciate that you may not agree with the fact someone can love their animal as much as they do, but ask yourself why.

Its humans that inflict suffering on other humans and animals, when we get hurt its usually by a human.

Im not saying that animal life is more important than human life. What I am saying is that you cannot tell someone what to love and you cant tell them how much to love it either.

As someone once said 'The more people I meet, the more I love my dog/cat'

I feel privileged to own my animals, and think that we as humans, could learn alot from the unconditional love that comes from them.

Old Jun 6th 2005, 11:16 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Don, I dont know where you are getting your scientific facts from but I can assure you that cats and dogs plus many other animals do not have a brain the size of a pea.

If you truly believe what you say, then tell it to the owners guide dogs for the blind. They have had their lives enriched by the fact their pets can detect every danger and protect his owner from it.

Because they would beg to differ.

Where my sister lives in Cyprus, her cats can often detect earthquakes before they happen.

When the Tsunami happened, the animals moved to higher ground several hours before it occured, that included cats, dogs, elephants etc.

They are far more perceptive than humans could ever be, have a strong sense of danger and a loyalty to their owners that is so fierce, it is hard to be matched.

When my landlord entered my property without my knowledge, my cat bit him so hard he needed treatment.

I appreciate that you may not agree with the fact someone can love their animal as much as they do, but ask yourself why.

Its humans that inflict suffering on other humans and animals, when we get hurt its usually by a human.

Im not saying that animal life is more important than human life. What I am saying is that you cannot tell someone what to love and you cant tell them how much to love it either.

As someone once said 'The more people I meet, the more I love my dog/cat'

I feel privileged to own my animals, and think that we as humans, could learn alot from the unconditional love that comes from them.

Well said PP and so, so true.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 11:29 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

I see you are in Central Europe. Good!!!
Old Jun 6th 2005, 11:32 am
Banned

Hunkyhenry will become famous soon enough

All I can say Hunkyhenry is that you have just won your place in the Knobjockey finals.

Twat.
Hi Professional Prossie,

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I give a dam about your opinion of me!!!!!!

Due to a private message however I think that you misinterpreted the intent of my post. I did not mean any harm towards cats and I feel sorry for the lady who lost her cat. My Partner was very upset and cried for days when we lost our cat after leaving it at her Mothers while we went away for the weekend. I had to go the whole way and get a trap made up, put adverts in the paper etc. We never did get the cat back.

Sorry again if my post was misinterpreted! I sometimes forget that sometimes people with IQ's lower than my shoe size subscribe to this forum. I blame the Australian government in that instead of bringing over educated Professionals they bring over skilled/semi skilled labour to do the lower paid jobs.

Last edited by Hunkyhenry; Jun 6th 2005 at 11:58 am.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 12:00 pm
Professional Princess

[QUOTE=Hunkyhenry]Hi Professional Prossie,

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I give a dam about your opinion of me!!!!!!

Before you start calling me a prostitute, you should get your facts straight and perhaps you would like to discuss that statement with my husband?

You have replied to a thread with comments that were not called for. If you dont agree with this thread then write your comments elsewhere rather than offend the originator of this post.

And if you would like an argument, then why dont you go to the Take it Outside forum of this site, where you will really meet people that will equal you in the abuse stakes.

Call me a prostitute again and I will have you IP traced and you will regret it.

Old Jun 6th 2005, 12:01 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Professional Princess]
Originally Posted by Hunkyhenry
Hi Professional Prossie,

Before you start calling me a prostitute, you should get your facts straight and perhaps you would like to discuss that statement with my husband?

You have replied to a thread with comments that were not called for. If you dont agree with this thread then write your comments elsewhere rather than offend the originator of this post.

And if you would like an argument, then why dont you go to the Take it Outside forum of this site, where you will really meet people that will equal you in the abuse stakes.

Call me a prostitute again and I will have you IP traced and you will regret it.

well said professional princess
Old Jun 6th 2005, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Professional Prossie,

Due to a private message however I think that you misinterpreted the intent of my post. I did not mean any harm towards cats and I feel sorry for the lady who lost her cat. My Partner was very upset and cried for days when we lost our cat after leaving it at her Mothers while we went away for the weekend. I had to go the whole way and get a trap made up, put adverts in the paper etc. We never did get the cat back.

Sorry again if my post was misinterpreted! I sometimes forget that sometimes people with IQ's lower than my shoe size subscribe to this forum. I blame the Australian government in that instead of bringing over educated Professionals they bring over skilled/semi skilled labour to do the lower paid jobs.
so this gives you the right to bad mouth well thought of members of this forum???.....me thinks not.....so in future please get your brain into gear before you type
Old Jun 6th 2005, 12:13 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by emmals
so this gives you the right to bad mouth well thought of members of this forum???.....me thinks not.....so in future please get your brain into gear before you type

Thats nothing Emma, he has deleted the graphic part of his post on how the Chinese kill cats.

I just hope Bridie doesnt read this.

Old Jun 6th 2005, 12:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

Thats nothing Emma, he has deleted the graphic part of his post on how the Chinese kill cats.

I just hope Bridie doesnt read this.
just goes to prove he doesn't have a brain....what a thing to post in this thread......he really needs to address his people skills
Old Jun 6th 2005, 12:21 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Professional Prossie,
Can I suggest you remove that offensive remark ...and we can all be happy again ... believe me .. its would be best ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.