Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sad news about my cat...

Sad news about my cat...

Old May 16th 2005, 4:28 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sad news about my cat...

Hi

Thats awful, I have two cats and a dog they are family. But deep down you know that its the right decision that you make and the better for the cat. I think Holly should just remember the best part she had with you not the awful chemo in her body.

I wish you all the strenght and courage in this difficult time.
Big hug

Badri
Old May 16th 2005, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

lynne & steve will become famous soon enoughlynne & steve will become famous soon enough

Bridie

Sorry to hear your sad news....we are all thinking of youXXX

Lynne Steve and kids
Old May 16th 2005, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Sophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura about

I'm so sorry to hear that. One of my cats was hit by a car and died a couple of years ago (the sister of the 2 tom cats I have now), and I was absolutely distraught - I had half a day off work too. I know how terrible it feels.

Hope you're okay. Thoughts are with you.

Sophie
Old May 16th 2005, 5:24 pm
Merlot

What heart-breaking news for you, sending all my love.

I have no idea what I would do if it was my baby (tabby cat), you can't help but love them to bits can you, they are much part of your life.

Big hugs
M

Old May 16th 2005, 6:06 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
Sorry, I realise this isnt directly related to oz but quite a few people on here have been supporting me and concerned about my cat, Holly.

Just to let you know I've had a phone call from the vet this afternoon, he's got terminal cancer in his stomach and although it can be treated with chemotherapy that only adds a few months, so dont want to put him through it.

He can have steroids which will help him feel better but he hasnt got long.

I am so upset, dont know what to do with myself.
Sorry to hear about your cat Bridie - I tried to send you karma but I have to spread myself around first
Old May 16th 2005, 6:20 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Never an easy time bridiej my sympathy is with you .
Old May 16th 2005, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks everyone, it helps to have your support.

Malc came home early from work, he's almost as upset as I am......

I just take comfort in the fact that at least we know now before we (hopefully!) make the move to Oz as I'd have felt so guilty if we'd put him through the flight and quarantine only to discover he was so ill.
So sorry to hear your sad news. But you know you have made the right decision although that will be of little comfort at the moment. Only a true animal lover will understand what you are going through.

Stay strong.
Old May 16th 2005, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

So sorry to hear your news. Cats are the best of friends, their little head- butts, squeaks to say hello, and the constant pin pricking of claws on your legs when you are really comfortable. I really wish you happiness for the next few days / weeks whilst you remember the fun you and Holly shared. Remember the rushing around after her, trying to catch the mouse she is toying with, or cleaning up the mess after the wet cat arrives on the clean floor

She would thank you for the hours of fun you gave to her and also for not adding pain to her life with endless trips to the vets for more treatment. I have always believed that pets tell you when they have had enough and you are doing the right thing.

Take care and ignore any comments from those that do not have pets, as they have no idea how close you get to them.

Sending you K.

Judith
x
Old May 16th 2005, 7:42 pm
Professional Princess

Bridie

As a cat owner and a vet nurse, all I can say to you is hold him tight, do what your instincts are telling you and let him go.

Pet ownership is wonderful, painful and sometimes hard. To get a cat to love you is an honour and a privilege.

Your cat knows the pain he is in, you know the pain you are feeling at the thought of him going.

The words I said to my little cat Juniper when she died a year ago and I think reflect the feelings of every cat owner, were;

Thank you for being my cat.

Be brave

Samantha

Last edited by Professional Princess; May 16th 2005 at 7:46 pm.

Old May 16th 2005, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Born2tri will become famous soon enoughBorn2tri will become famous soon enough

Hi Bridie,

I know it wont help the way you feel at the mo but just wanted to let you know i feel for you and you know there is always people on here who understand how hard this must be for you, and are here if you just need to talk or anything.

Take care
Lisa
Old May 16th 2005, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about
Unhappy Re: Sad news about my cat...

Originally Posted by Born2tri
Hi Bridie,

I know it wont help the way you feel at the mo but just wanted to let you know i feel for you and you know there is always people on here who understand how hard this must be for you, and are here if you just need to talk or anything.

Take care
Lisa
Sorry to hear the sad news about your cat, remember the good times

Tracy
Old May 16th 2005, 9:05 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I realise this isnt directly related to oz but quite a few people on here have been supporting me and concerned about my cat, Holly.

Just to let you know I've had a phone call from the vet this afternoon, he's got terminal cancer in his stomach and although it can be treated with chemotherapy that only adds a few months, so dont want to put him through it.

He can have steroids which will help him feel better but he hasnt got long.

I am so upset, dont know what to do with myself.

Oh Bridie I am so sorry for you and hubby.. such sad news about Holly the cat.
I feel for you and send all my best wishes to you.

Take care
Ang
Old May 16th 2005, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

numbers is on a distinguished road

pretty much echo everything thats been said. Jigsaw my cat is my life, but i know when the day comes (hopefully a long way off) that il be comforted that i have the happiest cat in the world, im sure yours is as well.

tony
Old May 16th 2005, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Pipers Mummy is on a distinguished road

Bridie - so sorry to hear about Holly

Thinking about you.
Old May 16th 2005, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Hi Bridiej have pmd you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.