Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sad news about my cat...

Sad news about my cat...

Old Jun 4th 2005, 5:33 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sad news about my cat...

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
aw....you poor thing.
my cats had to be put to sleep when they were 22 and 24 years old.....a very difficult decision, but the right one.

<<<<<hugs>>>>>

sue
Blimey! did,nt know cats lived that long.
Old Jun 4th 2005, 8:15 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by bridiej
hi everybody

Just wanted to let you all know that Holly died today. had to take him to the vet this morning as he deteriorated a lot in the last couple of days.

so upset, cant say anymore....

Bridie, I have just read your message and want to say how sorry I am.

Putting your pet out of its pain is hard only on the owners. For us its a pain that some cant understand and has you crying till your eyes hurt.

But for your cat, its an end to the pain he has been suffering and a welcome end into something we know nothing about until we suffer the same ailment.

Our animals dont understand why they are suffering, all they know is that their level of health has been compromised.

Cats are very good at compromising to a lower level of health until it completely overwhelms them.

They might seem a little quiter and sleeping more to you, but to them, they have reduced their reserves to cope with illness. So by the time symptoms show, it really is very advanced.

Your grief and pain will subside and ease with time. Holly's pain would have got worse.

You may well suffer terribly with your grief, but please please take some comfort in the thought that by you bravely coping with your loss, you have set your little cat free from his own suffering.

Nothing can ever hurt him again.

Love Sam

(they do live on you know, they live within the carpets they have scratched, the wallpaper they have shredded and anything else they loved)

Old Jun 4th 2005, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

(they do live on you know, they live within the carpets they have scratched, the wallpaper they have shredded and anything else they loved)

Beautifully put PP,
Logan
Old Jun 5th 2005, 12:41 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

hi everybody

Just wanted to let you all know that Holly died today. had to take him to the vet this morning as he deteriorated a lot in the last couple of days.

Very sorry to hear that .

Hugs to you & hubby,
Anya.
Old Jun 5th 2005, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

hi everybody

Dear Bridie,
I am so sorry to hear of your sad loss. I have sent you some karma with a little message of condolence. When you can see through your tears again and feel ready to think about where Holly is now in the Grand Plan, check out this little movie. It will make you cry but it is very comforting and sweet. (I don't know if you managed to find it from my previous post instructions)
www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html
Have a (brandy or something) in hand. My thoughts are with you, I've been through this too as I am sure many of us have who are sending you love, hugs and messages. - TC
Old Jun 5th 2005, 7:46 am
Banned

Hunkyhenry will become famous soon enough

Sad to hear about you cat - I am a bit of a cat lover too!

I have just returned from a business trip to China and have the sad news that cat is on the menu. I won't tell you how they kill the cats as that is even worse. Needless to say the Chinese do not have much humanity about them when it comes to cruelty to animals.

The Chinese have factories where they breed cats for the table.
Old Jun 5th 2005, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

Dear HunkyHenry
I see you are online as I write. I repectfully suggest you stop at the condolence and save this other info for another time as it might not be the best time to deliver this kind of info. From a catlover/person who has lost a pet and knows the raw feeling of the first few days, please may I respectfully ask you to edit your post and delete the secon part? I'll send you some karma if you do...
Old Jun 5th 2005, 8:40 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hunkyhenry
Really? Well coming from a cat lover, I'm surprised at what you have chosen to write - the second part of your posting is thoughtless, and completely irrelevant to the thread. Not helpful of you, HunkyHenry, to post something like this at a time when we're wanting messages posted here to offer Brid some comfort during a difficult and painful time for her. I would echo Top Cats posting about editing your posting.

Nicky
Old Jun 5th 2005, 9:29 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

[...]
Your post is either a) a deliberate attempt to taunt someone who is undergoing a mourning process or b) the result of thoughtlessness.

I do sincerely hope it is the latter, and that you have the decency to edit what you wrote.

Anya.
Old Jun 5th 2005, 10:17 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to everyone for your posts, PMs and karma messages. (apart from HunkyHenry who was completely insensitive!)

Feeling better today, just strange but at least we still have Phoebe which helps, although she knows something not right. Hard to explain to an animal.....

Thanks again
Old Jun 5th 2005, 12:50 pm
Professional Princess

I have just returned from a business trip to China and have the sad news that cat is on the menu. I won't tell you how they kill the cats as that is even worse. Needless to say the Chinese do not have much humanity about them when it comes to cruelty to animals.

The Chinese have factories where they breed cats for the table.
All I can say Hunkyhenry is that you have just won your place in the Knobjockey finals.

Twat.

Old Jun 5th 2005, 1:40 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
All I can say Hunkyhenry is that you have just won your place in the Knobjockey finals.

Twat.
couldn't have put it better myself.....
HunkyHenry if you're bored then go outside and play.
Old Jun 5th 2005, 3:26 pm
Shaz

Shazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant future

Hi Bridie,

So sorry to hear the sad news about Holly, I have e-mailed you. xxxxxxxxx
Old Jun 5th 2005, 4:13 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

No words can say I know how you are feeling, but having been there, I do know how you are hurting. I really feel for you. I still think of my lovely cat and I can now smile when I do. You will have wonderful memories forever. no cruel disease can rob those from you.

(((((((((((( big hug )))))))))))))))))

Shirley
Old Jun 5th 2005, 5:43 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh well, it was just a cat not a human and it had a good life.

Forget it and move on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.