Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Old Jan 10th 2012, 10:48 am
Just Joined

jane k doyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

thaks
Old Jan 15th 2012, 1:55 am
Just Joined

sunsealspas is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile having a baby in oz

hi

i wonder if someone might know and advise.

My wife is pregnant and the baby is due early April 2012, we have PR in australia and does our new baby automatically get an ozzy passport?

we are going to the The UK and spain in Mid may and not sure about the travel restrictions if the baby has an ozzy passport.

Once in the UK, as we ( the parents ) are both english and have bristish passports can we apply for the baby to have a UK passport? if so how long does it take to get a UK passport if the baby has a ozzy one. ( hope this is not to complicated )

The second reason is because once we have seen fammily in the UK we are off to Tenerife for 3 months for a long hard earned break.

we are on a bit of a tight sechule ( lol ) but the passports and visa and things we are unsure of.

We are hoping there is some in the know and can help.

thanks for reading

paul and kim
Old Jan 15th 2012, 4:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: having a baby in oz

Originally Posted by sunsealspas
hi

i wonder if someone might know and advise.

My wife is pregnant and the baby is due early April 2012, we have PR in australia and does our new baby automatically get an ozzy passport?

we are going to the The UK and spain in Mid may and not sure about the travel restrictions if the baby has an ozzy passport.

Once in the UK, as we ( the parents ) are both english and have bristish passports can we apply for the baby to have a UK passport? if so how long does it take to get a UK passport if the baby has a ozzy one. ( hope this is not to complicated )

The second reason is because once we have seen fammily in the UK we are off to Tenerife for 3 months for a long hard earned break.

we are on a bit of a tight sechule ( lol ) but the passports and visa and things we are unsure of.

We are hoping there is some in the know and can help.

thanks for reading

paul and kim
Hi, welcome to BE

The baby doesn't automatically get an Aussie passport, but does automatically get Aussie citizenship. You then need to apply for an Aussie passport - should arrive in time but I'd apply asap to be on the safe side - you do that through Australia Post. You can also apply through them for a UK passport - holding both doesn't matter and doesn't complicate the process at all See the link at the beginning of this thread for details on getting the UK one.
If you decide to get the UK one once you are back there, again thats not a problem, the baby can just enter the UK on the Aussie passport.

Hope that helps
Old Feb 27th 2012, 10:44 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I live in OZ but need a UK passport, help?

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Easy Peasy. Just take your passport to a nominated Post Office make an appointment and on the day complete form have witnessed by counter staff pay the fee and wait.
In my case done it in 2010 at GPO in Perth Centre.
Only took about 3 to 4 weeks. Believe it's done in NZ.
I have a slight issue at the moment and trying to resolve it. We need to renew our 7 yr old son's UK Passport. Understand the form and Oz Post Office etc, but, looking at the available info on the website it then refers you to the DirectGov website for things like Photo approval. Reading it, it appears that to have our son's photo authenticated it requires a signiture from a professional person who has know our son for two years and 'is in the UK'.
How the bloody hell is that possible? So, my OH rang up someone at the Post Office here in Oz who said that all we need is a doctor or police Officer to sign it and that will be ok. Now, call me cynical but I NEVER trust the word of any Australian bureaucrat on the phone as things are so open to interpretation. My OH asked for the reference for that process and there wasn't one.
Has anyone on here renewed their childs passport in Oz and what Photo Authentication did they use and did they find some reference to support their process?
Old Feb 27th 2012, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by paddyo
I have a slight issue at the moment and trying to resolve it. We need to renew our 7 yr old son's UK Passport. Understand the form and Oz Post Office etc, but, looking at the available info on the website it then refers you to the DirectGov website for things like Photo approval. Reading it, it appears that to have our son's photo authenticated it requires a signiture from a professional person who has know our son for two years and 'is in the UK'.
How the bloody hell is that possible? So, my OH rang up someone at the Post Office here in Oz who said that all we need is a doctor or police Officer to sign it and that will be ok. Now, call me cynical but I NEVER trust the word of any Australian bureaucrat on the phone as things are so open to interpretation. My OH asked for the reference for that process and there wasn't one.
Has anyone on here renewed their childs passport in Oz and what Photo Authentication did they use and did they find some reference to support their process?
I renewed my UK passport here 2 years ago Paddy, just go my aussie doctor to complete the blurb on the back of the photo. All went smoothly, passport back in a week.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 10:58 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markbhx
I renewed my UK passport here 2 years ago Paddy, just go my aussie doctor to complete the blurb on the back of the photo. All went smoothly, passport back in a week.
wow....obviously didn't do a Police check!!
I'm looking at doing the Doctor route but just been stung so many times with job's worth idiots at various counters here who interpret things completely different from the norm! If I have something in writing then I have a bullet to fire back at them.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

wow....obviously didn't do a Police check!!
I'm looking at doing the Doctor route but just been stung so many times with job's worth idiots at various counters here who interpret things completely different from the norm! If I have something in writing then I have a bullet to fire back at them.
I already passed the polic check for the 457, those internet fake ID's look so genuine, holograms and everything!!
Old Feb 27th 2012, 11:08 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

I already passed the polic check for the 457, those internet fake ID's look so genuine, holograms and everything!!
LMFAO!!
Old Feb 28th 2012, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Have you read the notes for Form C2? It's on there!!
Old Feb 28th 2012, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Have you read the notes for Form C2? It's on there!!
http://centralcontent.fco.gov.uk/res...m-c2-notes.pdf note 6 section 8... come on Paddy RTFM!
Old Feb 28th 2012, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

http://centralcontent.fco.gov.uk/res...m-c2-notes.pdf note 6 section 8... come on Paddy RTFM!
Also found on this FCO page, which is about renewing UK passports in Australia.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

swmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond repute

When we sent off my sons, we got a teacher at his school in Australia to sign the photo.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 10:08 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by swmbo63
When we sent off my sons, we got a teacher at his school in Australia to sign the photo.
Hi all, a simple issue is compounded by a couple of things. We have never lived in the same suburb for more than 20 months.
I have moved intra company with different bosses 4 times, 3 of them ahve left.
So, getting even a Commonwealth citizen of Professional standing who has known me for 2 years is difficult!!
Old Feb 28th 2012, 10:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all, a simple issue is compounded by a couple of things. We have never lived in the same suburb for more than 20 months.
I have moved intra company with different bosses 4 times, 3 of them ahve left.
So, getting even a Commonwealth citizen of Professional standing who has known me for 2 years is difficult!!
A JP can sign it, JAJ has posted about it several times before. See this post of mine earlier in the thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=167
Old Feb 29th 2012, 1:04 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by Pollyana
A JP can sign it, JAJ has posted about it several times before. See this post of mine earlier in the thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=167
cheers, thats the road I was going to take as we have some company JP's and I'm sure I can convince them that my company pass should suffice for internal recognition! Here's hoping!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.