Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Old Jan 25th 2011, 6:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Originally Posted by Footglove
Hi, My passport expires in march so I was filling in the forms to renew last night but I got stuck on question 1b on the C1 form.
It asks :
Were you naturalised or registered as a British subject, citizen of the United Kindgom and Colonies, British citizen, British Dependent/Overseas Territories citizen, British Overseas citizen or British protected person?

If i was born in the UK do I tick no this question because I was automatically a citizen by birth or is this a tricky question??? Im so confused. Ive asked 3 other people and we are clueless.

Please help!

See the relevant section on the notes -
http://centralcontent.fco.gov.uk/res.../form-c1-notes
You should complete this if you were naturalised or registered............if you have been a UK citizen since birth then you weren't naturalised or registered, you didn't need to be as you were already British
Old Jan 25th 2011, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

Footglove is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
See the relevant section on the notes -
http://centralcontent.fco.gov.uk/res.../form-c1-notes
You should complete this if you were naturalised or registered............if you have been a UK citizen since birth then you weren't naturalised or registered, you didn't need to be as you were already British
Great! Thank you so much.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

you go girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Did mine with no hassle at local post office, just view the auspost website for number of local office then phone and book appt.Cost $275.45 but was back within couple of weeks
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all

Sorry if this has already been covered in this thread, but I didn't have the time to read every post.
I am applying for my 2 children's renewal passports. I have made an appointment at the post office for next week. The problem I have is the countersignatury, we have only been here 9 months and have no one that has known us for 2 years, how do I get around that one? Should I chance getting the teacher to do it, if she is ok with it?
Also, I have tried to find out how to get their visa stickers put in the new passport, I could only find the $3.50 a minute helpline, so before I get out a second mortgage to fund this call, does anyone know? We are in Perth.
Many thanks
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:09 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Flixy
...Also, I have tried to find out how to get their visa stickers put in the new passport, I could only find the $3.50 a minute helpline, so before I get out a second mortgage to fund this call, does anyone know? We are in Perth.
Many thanks
If you keep your old passport with visa stickers in then you can show that as prrof of a valid visa - and your new passport as a valid passport. Its clunky - but I've heard of plenty of people doing it.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 4:14 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry if this has already been covered in this thread, but I didn't have the time to read every post.
I am applying for my 2 children's renewal passports. I have made an appointment at the post office for next week. The problem I have is the countersignatury, we have only been here 9 months and have no one that has known us for 2 years, how do I get around that one? Should I chance getting the teacher to do it, if she is ok with it?
Also, I have tried to find out how to get their visa stickers put in the new passport, I could only find the $3.50 a minute helpline, so before I get out a second mortgage to fund this call, does anyone know? We are in Perth.
Many thanks
Go to your nearest DIAC office with both passports. A new visa label can be put in for free.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all

Thank you both, i'll get on the case! I have just realised I have known a nurse here for over 2 years, I knew her in the UK, do you think that is good enough for a countersignature?
Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Just an update, I spoke to DIAC who said that I will need to have the stickers put in the passports, this can be done any any DIAC office between 9am and 4pm without an appointment. The charge is $60 per passport.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:17 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Just an update, I spoke to DIAC who said that I will need to have the stickers put in the passports, this can be done any any DIAC office between 9am and 4pm without an appointment. The charge is $60 per passport.
They charge $60 to put a visa label in a passport!? That's outrageous!
Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:28 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by bcworld
They charge $60 to put a visa label in a passport!? That's outrageous!
Its only $60 if it is a RRV, very common mistake by call centre staff and often reported on here. Go to the DIAC office with the passports, there is no charge (thats from JAJ on numerous previous occasions!)

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/990i.pdf Page 4

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 1st 2011 at 5:32 am.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its only $60 if it is a RRV, very common mistake by call centre staff and often reported on here. Go to the DIAC office with the passports, there is no charge (thats from JAJ on numerous previous occasions!)

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/990i.pdf Page 4
Thanks Pollyanna, I couldn't find it on the link, but i've got to go there anyway, it will be a bonus if it's for free!
Old Feb 1st 2011, 12:40 pm
Home and Happy

Thanks Pollyanna, I couldn't find it on the link, but i've got to go there anyway, it will be a bonus if it's for free!
The only bit on the link is the fact it costs $60 for the RRV label; replacement labels for PR etc are free.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 9:31 am
Just Joined

luvjoy2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jan4kids
Thanks everso Polly

Jan
hi all just renewed mine with name change at Hervey bay post also had pics taken there but beware had to queue although i had made a appointment and
took five clerks all discussing the paper work and checking on the net queue meanwhile was out side the door (embarrassed or what ) finally we all agreed that
i didn't need pics counter signed and that was that . Had a call two days ago from NZ just to query address so asked if every thing else OK seems it was so only
took 6 people i PC and a huge lump of cash + two hours before hand checking and double checking seems you wont be refunded if wrong even if its their fault !!!
Old Feb 27th 2011, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Some advice please.I am waiting on my renewal passport from Ireland.I may have to get back to Ireland very soon.(I so hope I dont).In the meantime we are going to our citizenship ceremony on the 9th of March.My question is can I just come and go with my Irish passport as I wont have time to get an Australian one.What would I do about my visa sticker.Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimandken will become famous soon enoughkimandken will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Some advice please.I am waiting on my renewal passport from Ireland.I may have to get back to Ireland very soon.(I so hope I dont).In the meantime we are going to our citizenship ceremony on the 9th of March.My question is can I just come and go with my Irish passport as I wont have time to get an Australian one.What would I do about my visa sticker.Thanks in advance.
As far as i know it once you have citizenship you have to travel on an Australian passport.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.