Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Old Jan 4th 2011, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

simonking is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Hi

What are the alternatives if unable to get a post office interview?
Old Jan 4th 2011, 10:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonking
Hi

What are the alternatives if unable to get a post office interview?
Haven't heard that there are any. If you are in Aus, renewing a UK passport, it has to go through the post office. Are Aus Post saying they won't interview you?
Old Jan 7th 2011, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

simonking is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Haven't heard that there are any. If you are in Aus, renewing a UK passport, it has to go through the post office. Are Aus Post saying they won't interview you?
No but the system has obviously changed since my wife renewed hers a couple of years ago. Since I have an Australian passport now I am inclined to let my British passport expire - that is assuming that it can be renewd later if required?

Do you know if this is possible?
Cheers
Old Jan 7th 2011, 7:15 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonking
No but the system has obviously changed since my wife renewed hers a couple of years ago. Since I have an Australian passport now I am inclined to let my British passport expire - that is assuming that it can be renewd later if required?

Do you know if this is possible?
Cheers
System changed around the time this thread was started - May 2009
You can certainly get a new UK passport after this one expires, not sure if its as easy as a straightforward renewal though, and might depend how long its lapsed for. I'd have a read now and make sure its as straightforward, just in case.......
Old Jan 9th 2011, 3:03 am
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

I know I know

It's Sunday afternoon, it's 33C outside and the pool is a warm 34C, and I'm in filling in the kids passport renew forms

Anyway, my delightful 15 year old daughter turns 16 in February.

So, do I fill in a kids passport renew form, or and Adults form?
Old Jan 9th 2011, 4:45 am
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tomy2tums
I know I know

It's Sunday afternoon, it's 33C outside and the pool is a warm 34C, and I'm in filling in the kids passport renew forms

Anyway, my delightful 15 year old daughter turns 16 in February.

So, do I fill in a kids passport renew form, or and Adults form?
found it, on the adults C1 form, at section 8 (Undertaking) is says

",declare that I am 16 years or over (or will be within 2 weeks) and that:"
Old Jan 10th 2011, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

iainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura about

We have family coming in Feb Hubbies passport runs out in March. Can they bring over a form take it back with them with current passport and then post it out to us when they recieve it? Anyone else done this? Thanks Sam
Old Jan 10th 2011, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tomy2tums
found it, on the adults C1 form, at section 8 (Undertaking) is says

",declare that I am 16 years or over (or will be within 2 weeks) and that:"
MY 16 yr old son needs to renew his before our UK trip home in April So are you saying at 16 he applies himself?
How bizzarre!
Old Jan 11th 2011, 9:35 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iainandsam
We have family coming in Feb Hubbies passport runs out in March. Can they bring over a form take it back with them with current passport and then post it out to us when they recieve it? Anyone else done this? Thanks Sam

In theory, yes you can, though I don't know of anybody else that has tried it. If you do the send off thing, then you will need to get someone [of standing] in the UK to countersign the photographs (if required), and you also run the risk of being called for an interview, though a little birdie tells me that if you use the PO priority service, the chances of an interview being required are dramatically reduced. Though, if you're in Aus, then you won't be able to apply this way, unless you have a friend who looks like you able to apply on your behalf.

I just renewed mine while back in the UK for Christmas - Just filled in the forms, got the countersignatures, and used the Post Office Priority processing service. Applied on New Years Eve and got the passport back yesterday. My folks will bring it with them when they come in February. Too easy, and also saved me the better part of $300 - the standard application fee is only £70. I didn't need to arrange an interview at the passport office.

S
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

iainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
In theory, yes you can, though I don't know of anybody else that has tried it. If you do the send off thing, then you will need to get someone [of standing] in the UK to countersign the photographs (if required), and you also run the risk of being called for an interview, though a little birdie tells me that if you use the PO priority service, the chances of an interview being required are dramatically reduced. Though, if you're in Aus, then you won't be able to apply this way, unless you have a friend who looks like you able to apply on your behalf.

I just renewed mine while back in the UK for Christmas - Just filled in the forms, got the countersignatures, and used the Post Office Priority processing service. Applied on New Years Eve and got the passport back yesterday. My folks will bring it with them when they come in February. Too easy, and also saved me the better part of $300 - the standard application fee is only £70. I didn't need to arrange an interview at the passport office.

S
How did you travel back don;t you have to send in your old one when renewing?
Old Jan 13th 2011, 2:46 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by iainandsam
How did you travel back don;t you have to send in your old one when renewing?
Probably the same way as I plan to when I send mine to be renewed while I'm home in April - travel on the Aussie one.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:02 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Probably the same way as I plan to when I send mine to be renewed while I'm home in April - travel on the Aussie one.
Yes indeed...
Old Jan 24th 2011, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Hi All

Advice needed pleaseeeee......
UK passport expired june 2010... really need to get it renewed as obviously we cant travel anywhere with out it... Im in Perth how do I do this and will I be able to get it renewed considering it expired last June ??

Worried.com
Old Jan 24th 2011, 1:50 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by aus2be
Hi All

Advice needed pleaseeeee......
UK passport expired june 2010... really need to get it renewed as obviously we cant travel anywhere with out it... Im in Perth how do I do this and will I be able to get it renewed considering it expired last June ??

Worried.com
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...33&postcount=1

Follow the link on that post and it should give you the forms and all the details of what you need to get a new one
Old Jan 25th 2011, 2:19 am
Just Joined

Footglove is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, My passport expires in march so I was filling in the forms to renew last night but I got stuck on question 1b on the C1 form.
It asks :
Were you naturalised or registered as a British subject, citizen of the United Kindgom and Colonies, British citizen, British Dependent/Overseas Territories citizen, British Overseas citizen or British protected person?

If i was born in the UK do I tick no this question because I was automatically a citizen by birth or is this a tricky question??? Im so confused. Ive asked 3 other people and we are clueless.

Please help!

Last edited by Footglove; Jan 25th 2011 at 2:33 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.