Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Relocation: Phil Down Under

Relocation: Phil Down Under

Old Jan 25th 2010, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

caulkhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Relocation: Phil Down Under

Nice to see the positive comments on the show - we were the Sydney family filmed ..our episode is on Feb 12th (last one!).
Old Jan 25th 2010, 1:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caulkhead
Nice to see the positive comments on the show - we were the Sydney family filmed ..our episode is on Feb 12th (last one!).
Excellent! Glad you're still there.

Will definately watch.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 1:09 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by 2plus3
Anyone else just watched the new Channel 4 relocation programme: Relocation: Phil Down Under?
http://www.channel4.com/4homes/on-tv...der/index.html this weeks programme was all about relocating to Perth.

I thought was quite a good programme - you can watch it on 4OnDemand.

Next week will be more relevant to us personally as its about relocating to [B]Melbourne - 7.30pm Friday 29th Channel 4.

Kari
Yes i saw it. Made me cringe.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

2plus3 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by caulkhead
Look forward to seeing it

Kari
Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 2plus3
I think her accent intrigued us all then!! Definitely think Geordie with an Essex twang?!!
Danish??
Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by itxrd
Thought her accent was Irish and its changed living in Essex? Would make sense with a name like Bronagh
Dean_Helen_May-Rose
Great show.

I think she was Irish.
Well I'm Irish and have never heard anyone SPAKE like that!

Definitely Danish, although I was going with Finnish yesterday....Mmmmmm!!!

Anyone find out yet, its bugging me, was more interested in that than the actual programme
Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

earlytobed will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by soulrebel
Danish??
Danish is definately a good shout. I'm now wavering......
Old Jan 25th 2010, 5:47 pm
Ozbound

Ista will become famous soon enoughIsta will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by soulrebel
Well I'm Irish and have never heard anyone SPAKE like that!

Definitely Danish, although I was going with Finnish yesterday....Mmmmmm!!!

Anyone find out yet, its bugging me, was more interested in that than the actual programme
The family is over on the Poms in Oz forum (am I allowed to say that here??), they were making comments on the thread about this show over there... so you could ask her where she is from!
Old Jan 25th 2010, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

mrrossie is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe BBC producers and the creators of WDU should watch this and learn how to make a decent program about moving to Oz. Way to Phil
Old Jan 25th 2010, 7:18 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

I want to watch , could only watch the highlights on the link posted we are in ireland so out side the uk any one else have a link may be please.

On her accent I am leaning towards Irish, also with the chidrens names one was Niamh and thats very Irish coming from a Niamh !

did they do a brisbane one love to see that!
Old Jan 25th 2010, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

daniellemc will become famous soon enoughdaniellemc will become famous soon enough

I have to say, Phil was looking fit!! Especially with his tan!! X
Old Jan 25th 2010, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Yay! I've just watched and really enjoyed it. Well done Phil. Shame no Kirstie. I thought it was even better than A Place In the Sun with Amanda Lamb from a couple of years ago too. Looking forward to the next 3 weeks. Only slight comment is that it is a shame there are only 4 episodes.
Still have the Lamb one on sky plus with the guys who bought on the water in mandura (excuse the spelling)......agreed though Phil was better than Amanda

Last edited by pomerz; Jan 25th 2010 at 9:03 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Budawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond repute

You can see it here:

http://watch.lenidenews.com/relocati...episode-1.html

Looks like an informercial for live in Oz, but quite entertaining.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pomerz
Still have the Lamb one on sky plus with the guys who bought on the water in mandura (excuse the spelling)......agreed though Phil was better than Amanda

I remember that one. She also did a wee bitty from Margaret River.....my favourite place in the world!
Old Jan 26th 2010, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

al_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud of

Bronagh is from Upper Ballinderry in Northern Ireland. She left NI when she was 18 and studied in Edinburgh for 4 years then become an adopted Essex girl. The accent jumps all over the place!
could do

Lee
From PomzInOz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.