Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Relocation: Phil Down Under

Relocation: Phil Down Under

Old Jan 22nd 2010, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

2plus3 will become famous soon enough
Default Relocation: Phil Down Under

Anyone else just watched the new Channel 4 relocation programme: Relocation: Phil Down Under?
http://www.channel4.com/4homes/on-tv...der/index.html this weeks programme was all about relocating to Perth.

I thought was quite a good programme - you can watch it on 4OnDemand.

Next week will be more relevant to us personally as its about relocating to [B]Melbourne - 7.30pm Friday 29th Channel 4.

Kari
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of
Default Re: Relocation: Phil Down Under

Originally Posted by 2plus3
Anyone else just watched the new Channel 4 relocation programme: Relocation: Phil Down Under?
http://www.channel4.com/4homes/on-tv...der/index.html this weeks programme was all about relocating to Perth.

Next week will be more relevant to us personally as its about relocating to [B]Melbourne - 7.30pm Friday 29th Channel 4.

Kari
Hi - We just watched it on 4+1 and loved it! Much better than WDU as you actually got to see more of the area and didn't have any of the annoying parts that are on that programme! Definitely loved the look of Perth after watching it.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

Looking forward to seeing it as its my mates family in Melbourne.

Originally Posted by 2plus3

Next week will be more relevant to us personally as its about relocating to [b]Melbourne - 7.30pm Friday 29th Channel 4.

Kari
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 9:51 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Oh thank God! FINALLY a decent, informative programme on houses Down Under, without the repetetive & heart-rending scheizer from assorted kids, grandmas & anti-Oz partners. No cringe-worthy clips on how "very inviting" everything is & above all, no hopeless attempts to compare chalk with cheese, which trying to choose between Oz & the UK sometimes can be.

*setting-the-sky-player-to-record-jennigee*
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

I am going to watch tonight. Sounds good so thanks for the reviews.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

It's a shame Kirsty Allsop was not there too!
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

hellsbells712 is on a distinguished road

Just what we said. Loved it.
Got to like the look of Perth more, but looking forward to seeing near Brisbane. Don't know which week.
Love it.

Planning on move to Brisbane hopefully this year.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Pozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nice

Thought it was great, and then got a call from my dad saying how tempting it is (we havent exactly told them our plans yet!).

What was that womens accent? Couldnt decide between SA, Scot, German??
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 7:40 am
Just Joined

earlytobed will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pozz
Thought it was great, and then got a call from my dad saying how tempting it is (we havent exactly told them our plans yet!).

What was that womens accent? Couldnt decide between SA, Scot, German??
Pozz, I spent the whole programme trying to work out her accent, (favourite pastime of mine) sad I know. Best guess from me is Norwegian, via newcastle, with a hint of Essex tagged on...
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

nevster is an unknown quantity at this point

Agree with the above, it is a much better watch than WDU.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by earlytobed
Pozz, I spent the whole programme trying to work out her accent, (favourite pastime of mine) sad I know. Best guess from me is Norwegian, via newcastle, with a hint of Essex tagged on...
Ha....we spent most of it trying to figure it out as well

Mrs Matt thought South African with a bit of geordie
I thought Northern Ireland first then thought Geordie but ended up thinking it was Norfolk lol

Back to the programme, we had waited all week for it as we love the location series and to find out there was a Perth one with Phil was great......Better was to follow when he looked at property in our proffered locations of Quinns and Ocean Reef win win win!

Agree with comments about other programmes not being up to scratch but loved every min of this episode and the wonderfull look of the beach in summer (we went in June!).

Good on ya Phil ....and agree Perry shame no Kirsty apparently she was preggers at the time of filming!

Matt Rach n Olly
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 9:17 am
Just Joined

dawniegee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pomerz
Ha....we spent most of it trying to figure it out as well

Mrs Matt thought South African with a bit of geordie
I thought Northern Ireland first then thought Geordie but ended up thinking it was Norfolk lol

Back to the programme, we had waited all week for it as we love the location series and to find out there was a Perth one with Phil was great......Better was to follow when he looked at property in our proffered locations of Quinns and Ocean Reef win win win!

Agree with comments about other programmes not being up to scratch but loved every min of this episode and the wonderfull look of the beach in summer (we went in June!).

Good on ya Phil ....and agree Perry shame no Kirsty apparently she was preggers at the time of filming!

Matt Rach n Olly
i thought thank god im deciding on perth its a dream but yep like all the others we were more intersted in her accent, scot first then something european and then irish with yes a bit of a cockney slant on it all very confusing answers on a post card please
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

bigdave764 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't suppose anyone would be kind enough to post this show on to YouTube? - unfortunately 4oD is region locked to UK users only, so it doesn't work from Sydney!!
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

2plus3 will become famous soon enough

I think her accent intrigued us all then!! Definitely think Geordie with an Essex twang?!!
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Yay! I've just watched and really enjoyed it. Well done Phil. Shame no Kirstie. I thought it was even better than A Place In the Sun with Amanda Lamb from a couple of years ago too. Looking forward to the next 3 weeks. Only slight comment is that it is a shame there are only 4 episodes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.