Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Relocation: Phil Down Under

Relocation: Phil Down Under

Old Jan 26th 2010, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Relocation: Phil Down Under

Hey guys. Turns out Lee was dead set on 2nd house and then Bronagh had to decide on 3rd house or not. So I was a bit harsh earlier ;-)

Got reply from Lee - from the Davidson family so the accent thing is solved!!!!!!

'You are good with your accents.

Bronagh is from Upper Ballinderry in Northern Ireland. She left NI when she was 18 and studied in Edinburgh for 4 years then become an adopted Essex girl. The accent jumps all over the place!'
Old Jan 26th 2010, 8:39 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Baby75
I want to watch , could only watch the highlights on the link posted we are in ireland so out side the uk any one else have a link may be please.

On her accent I am leaning towards Irish, also with the chidrens names one was Niamh and thats very Irish coming from a Niamh !

did they do a brisbane one love to see that!
I could see it Baby, wonder why you couldnt.

This day, 19 years ago, i was driving along the beach in Fraser Island, Qld wondering why so many 4x4's we passed had big Aussie flags. Even the yank with us thought they were very patriotic!
Old Jan 26th 2010, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

woodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to all

Originally Posted by 2plus3
Do you have a link please?

Kari
http://www.thebox.bz/details.php?id=107385 I hope it works
Old Jan 26th 2010, 9:42 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Londonuck
I could see it Baby, wonder why you couldnt.

This day, 19 years ago, i was driving along the beach in Fraser Island, Qld wondering why so many 4x4's we passed had big Aussie flags. Even the yank with us thought they were very patriotic!

I wont do the slogan LOL I know friends who had great fun with cain toads and playing golf!!! not my kind of fun!

I saw bits of it seems its my dam computer is the problem, I will have to get my hubby to fix it, or may be its time for a new one hmmmm
Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

HazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant future

I'm fairly sure this was filmed at the beginning of 2009. We looked at the house in Mindarie but were put off by the bedroom that had been converted to a hair salon. The estate agent told us that a UK programme was filming there the next day.

Also, based on the prices the houses were at the time and the prices in GBP they use on the programme, they are using an exchange rate of around 2.22, which ain't so realistic any more.

Was a good programme though. Also fun recognising all the places they went to.

Last edited by HazBean; Jan 29th 2010 at 4:41 am. Reason: I got the date wrong
Old Jan 29th 2010, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

2plus3 will become famous soon enough

Really enjoyed tonights programme - at last it was good to see Melbourne featured on something.

It was especially exciting as it showed the areas we are interested in too, double

I'd personally like to thank the producer for deciding to show Phil taking off his shirt on the beach again this week, keep up the great work in this respect too lol

Kari x
Old Jan 31st 2010, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

loubie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by HazBean
I'm fairly sure this was filmed at the beginning of 2009. We looked at the house in Mindarie but were put off by the bedroom that had been converted to a hair salon. The estate agent told us that a UK programme was filming there the next day.

Also, based on the prices the houses were at the time and the prices in GBP they use on the programme, they are using an exchange rate of around 2.22, which ain't so realistic any more.

Was a good programme though. Also fun recognising all the places they went to.
Exactly - 250,000 GBP would get you $450,000 now , a BIG difference to the exchange rates at the time of filming - higher interest rates now too .

I'm watching that exchange rate vista gadget with great interest
Old Jan 31st 2010, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by itxrd
We were confused with it too. She definitely wore the pants in the relationship. 'I want to....I think.....its a big decision for me...' We thought the guy was just a little helper ;-)

Thought her accent was Irish and its changed living in Essex? Would make sense with a name like Bronagh
I thought that too, I think she is Irish, but had a Norfolk twang, I have friends from Essex who have that twang

Oops, just seen the answer above! Yay I was right!

Last edited by Flixy; Jan 31st 2010 at 12:52 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

BonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really nice
Talking Re: Relocation: Phil Down Under

Bronagh is from Upper Ballinderry in Northern Ireland. She left NI when she was 18 and studied in Edinburgh for 4 years then become an adopted Essex girl. The accent jumps all over the place!'[/QUOTE]

Doh, and I thought she was South African with an Essex twang hehe!

Even my OH was questioning it lol

Anyhoo, to the programme!!! Well done channel 4 on producing a programme thats informative and with a presenter that doesn't get on your t**s!
It's a shame the beeb which is funded by us, couldn't make a programme that was half decent. I don't know if it's just me but watching WDU makes me depressed and not wanting to go, but then watching tan-tastic Phil show us the lovely sights and present a show with some care makes me all excited in going again....and better still my mother in law has even said its informative for her and she can see why we want to go....makes us going that little more easier when the family can see what's attracting us.

Shame it's a short series but with alot of people emigrating over there and hopefully with great reviews they may do another one this year! Fingers croessed!
Old Feb 4th 2010, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BonnieH
Bronagh is from Upper Ballinderry in Northern Ireland. She left NI when she was 18 and studied in Edinburgh for 4 years then become an adopted Essex girl. The accent jumps all over the place!'

Anyhoo, to the programme!!! Well done channel 4 on producing a programme thats informative and with a presenter that doesn't get on your t**s!
It's a shame the beeb which is funded by us, couldn't make a programme that was half decent. I don't know if it's just me but watching WDU makes me depressed and not wanting to go, but then watching tan-tastic Phil show us the lovely sights and present a show with some care makes me all excited in going again....and better still my mother in law has even said its informative for her and she can see why we want to go....makes us going that little more easier when the family can see what's attracting us.

Shame it's a short series but with alot of people emigrating over there and hopefully with great reviews they may do another one this year! Fingers croessed! [/QUOTE]

I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds WDU depressing! We are going to Perth in 9 weeks and I cry every time I watch it! But when I watched Phil in Perth I felt quite excited, nothing to do with him taking his top off
It probably doesn't help that they film WDU in the Ozzie winter.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

BonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really nice

Originally Posted by Flixy

Shame it's a short series but with alot of people emigrating over there and hopefully with great reviews they may do another one this year! Fingers croessed!
I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds WDU depressing! We are going to Perth in 9 weeks and I cry every time I watch it! But when I watched Phil in Perth I felt quite excited, nothing to do with him taking his top off
It probably doesn't help that they film WDU in the Ozzie winter.[/QUOTE]

And heres me thinking it's just me with the crazy WDU depression lol!

So your off to Perth, reccy or full move?
Old Feb 4th 2010, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

It probably doesn't help that they film WDU in the Ozzie winter.

And heres me thinking it's just me with the crazy WDU depression lol!

So your off to Perth, reccy or full move?[/QUOTE]

Full move! It has only taken nearly 3 years to get through the process!! And now i've broken my ankle, NOT what I need at the moment!
Old Feb 4th 2010, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

3 years!! Is that how long you had to wait for a visa or is that visa, selling house etc etc x
Old Feb 4th 2010, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Currently Stubbly-on-the-Minge. Soon to be Melbourne!!
Stilletto_rebel is a jewel in the roughStilletto_rebel is a jewel in the roughStilletto_rebel is a jewel in the roughStilletto_rebel is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 2plus3
Really enjoyed tonights programme - at last it was good to see Melbourne featured on something.

It was especially exciting as it showed the areas we are interested in too, double
I also watched the Melb. episode with interest as I'll be moving to Seaford (I land on the 28th March!! ). The Dandenong Ranges looks lovely, but I'm surprised that not once was there a reference to potential fire risk.

Was this an oversight, do you think? Or is the D.R. area not at risk to the fires?
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 years!! Is that how long you had to wait for a visa or is that visa, selling house etc etc x
We started the process in Feb 07, but because of various changes in the TRA and other processes we didn't get the visa till July 09! And to get that my OH had to fly to Oz for a one day assessment to gain an AQF3! It had better be worth it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.